Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 06-12-2021, 04:17 PM   #41
onebaldbloke
Human being with feelings

Much, maybe most, depending on who is telling the story, of what you hear in your room is the room. Fabulous, expensive monitors will not compensate for undesirable, unhelpful reflections, nodes, resonances....... As much as we would *like* to (But hey! I just bought more plugins!! :-) ), there is simply no getting around this.

If you are unable to attend to the room due to whatever constraints (time, money, resources, advice), I would strongly recommend not purchasing any new equipment, and instead putting money towards the Slate (yes, that bloody whacky looking looking bloke) new fangled cans. I do not use them (my room and monitors are satisfactory), however, some engineers I trust have glowing reports on them.

All the best,
Bob.
Old 06-12-2021, 05:48 PM   #42
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebaldbloke View Post
Much, maybe most, depending on who is telling the story, of what you hear in your room is the room. Fabulous, expensive monitors will not compensate for undesirable, unhelpful reflections, nodes, resonances....... As much as we would *like* to (But hey! I just bought more plugins!! :-) ), there is simply no getting around this.
All the best,
Bob.
Absolutely true....
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:11 PM   #43
fuzzball

I posted a song on our YouTube channel and my brother's feedback was that there was too much bass. My friend's feedback on the same song was that there was not enough bass.

Sounds like I got it just right.
fuzzball is offline   Reply With Quote