Old 04-10-2021, 01:27 AM   #1
Teddy
Human being with feelings

Default Can you auto float plugins, but only open one at a time?

I like to auto-float new plugins so that I don't have to see the whole fx list all the time. At the same time I would like reaper to automatically close a plugin window if I open a different plugin. Is there an option for that? Ideally one that still respects pinned plugins.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 02:41 PM   #2
Teddy

No one?
Old 04-20-2021, 01:40 AM   #3
fricia

I asked myself the same thing a while ago and as far as I'm aware you can't. I guess this could be scripted, but that's outside my own coding capabilitites...
fricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:39 PM   #4
Teddy

Thanks for answering, Fricia! It's a shame, but I guess it would be a nice reascript challenge.
Old 05-04-2021, 04:35 PM   #5
Kr3eM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Thanks for answering, Fricia! It's a shame, but I guess it would be a nice reascript challenge.
I aslo had the same thought but I eventually realized it would become annyoing for my workflow because I quite frequently need/want to have more than one plugin open at the same time...which would mean I needed a way to disable it/toggle it and probably more often that I would believe...but I aslo had a tendency to get way too many windows open.

So I ended up using a shortcut for 'SWS/S&M: Close all floating FX windows, except focused one' (in combination with 'me2beats_Close focused track fx window' to be able to minimize mouse travel distances)...this have worked very well for me.

Of course it's very work flow dependent and it's crucial in this case to have shortcuts that are easy to access, I ended up using Ctrl+Space and Ctrl+Shift+Space, I have optimized my shortcuts in a way that I rarely move my left hand away from the left side of the keyboard.
Kr3eM is offline   Reply With Quote