COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 01-24-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
Elias
Human being with feelings

Default Drum/Uprightbass/Conga/DJ/guitar

I've been having this recuring dream where I am playing (atonal jazz guitar) with an upright bass congas and a hip-hop DJ. I'd like to see if anything like this could be organized. Also if there are any guitar players out there who have done simular things to this what do you have for suggestions for me? Maybe even and MC would make it nice. I'm getting really into the combination of hip-hop and jazz and would really like to explore it. Would be more leaning towards the whole groove-jazz thing as aposed to Bebop and such. Anythoughts would be appreciated. Peace
-Elias
Elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:48 PM   #2
sp4miz

Default Sure

I wouldn't mind trying concepts like this in music. The forum of internet colaboration and Ninjam in particular should be exploited to bring fresh and exciting forms of organized sounds to people. And now we can also try new music fresh and in a spontaneous spirit right in front of music fans in another application. Yea Elias I salute you on this.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:44 PM   #3
Newbie Brad

Elias, if you have a recorded groove you like or recorded hip-hop elements you like and you have a looper in your guitar effects and a dictaphone or a small tape recorder/player, you can put the groove or elements in the dictaphone or tape player and hold the thing with the speaker right over your guitar pickup and hit the looper in your guitar effects while the handheld player is running. Use the looper to trap that sound and loop it then you can play over it with your guitar. You can do this again any time during the performance or enter new stuff with the hand held player at any time. I did very similar to this at a 3 Pups Music show Saturday night. Newbie Brad
Newbie Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:40 AM   #4
NIGHTCHILD

a guitar pick will not pick up sounfd from a tape player pickups work by picking up an electrical frequency created by th e strings vibrating in a magnetic field.
NIGHTCHILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:47 AM   #5
NIGHTCHILD

this currant created in the magnetic field by vibtarion is picked up by the pickups sent to an amp where there it is converted to sound
pickups do not act as a microphone.placing a speake near them will not pick up speaker sound just feed back fron the magnetic feilds of both speaker and pick ups
Old 01-30-2007, 08:24 AM   #6
NIGHTCHILD

i have tried it i dont know what cheapo pick up you use but i dont work the way you said
Old 01-30-2007, 08:25 AM   #7
Newbie Brad

Nightchild, please try it yourself before telling me it doesn't work. If the hand-held device has a speaker then you'll be ok. You have explained why it works, not why it doesn't work.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:27 AM   #8
NIGHTCHILD

its like saying sing into your pickups it will amp your voice.sorry dont work that way
Old 01-30-2007, 08:28 AM   #9
Newbie Brad

Ok. Thanks for trying. It does work, not just for me, but for many other experimental players. The reason is in your post, the pickup can easily receive the electromagnetic transduction of sound through the speaker's magnetic field. Try holding the device's speaker right close over the pickup and try moving it around to find the sweet spot.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:30 AM   #10
NIGHTCHILD

that and putting a tape play near a magnet would also put a risk the change of you wiping or screwing up the magnetic tape.
whatever
Old 01-30-2007, 08:37 AM   #11
NIGHTCHILD

om not rrying to say your wrong maybe it works with your gear but i just tried it on my three diffrent guitars and they aint picking up anything fron the taoe players speaker
anyways would be kind cool the only stupid thing i found my pick up receive as a signal is whe ni point a tv remote at my speakers and hit a button but that pointless lol
all the best anyways
Old 01-30-2007, 08:44 AM   #12
NIGHTCHILD

ok i know im pumping alot of msg on this post but i aplogize i just tried it one more time with my psp and headset and yeah it worked.
that and my volume levels may have been to low on my previos attempys but still the magets cant be good for the tape or electronics to put against the pickups
anyways kinda cool. i dont get why you wouldnt play the devise in you line in on pc and record it proprely
sorry again for the doubt
Old 01-30-2007, 12:05 PM   #13
Newbie Brad

Yeah, I hope we're still friends, I meant no disrespect. This method is easy for a guitar player to put in your pocket and do on stage at a show through your own guitar rig, and it surprises the audience. You can change effects with your pedals, the tape program (or radio will work too, toys, anything with an itty bitty speaker or a electric motor) is going through your normal stuff. Newbie Brad