Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 11-28-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
Cnote11
Human being with feelings

Default Question about Buffer size and ASIO4all - Latency

I have two questions concerning latency. I'm aware of buffering and latency but I don't completely understand it. I'm running on a notebook, specifically an Acer Aspire 5551, on the WAVEOUT option and I'm curious to what the buffer x sample exactly means. Currently I have the sample rate at 44100 and I reduced the buffer x sample to 3 and 1040 for a latency of 70ms. I'm curious to what implications this may have. I've recorded something on this setting and it seemed fine, but if I'm running multiple tracks or effects will it cause problems? Is it too low and should I raise it? What would be the optimal numbers for this? Is there any sort of program I could download and run to test this perhaps?

My next question. I have a USB Microphone and I installed ASIO4all in order to try to run the ASIO option. I click it and I am greeted with the screen showing the ASIO4ALL driver has been installed and it is asking me to enable my inputs. Where do I go from here? When I go and press ASIO Configuration it lists my USB Audio Codec as one of the options but I'm confused to how to actually get this work seeing as how I can't figure it out. On the site it says the newest version is compatible with USB microphones but I'm not sure what is going on.

Can anybody help me with these issues?
Cnote11 is offline   Reply With Quote