COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 08-29-2016, 07:52 AM   #1
echonoise
Human being with feelings

Default NO INPUT SIGNAL --- PLEASE HELP!!!

I have been experiencing the same problem for days, and haven't gotten any avail. I am getting absolutely NO input levels in REAPER. I am using the MOTU Ultralite mk3 Hybrid audio interface. The input levels on the audio interface (in standalone mode) are more than suffice.

WHY isn't REAPER picking up my input audio signal? I feel like I have tried everything: read entire manuals, watched every video tutorial I could find, and searched through as many relevant threads as possible. I am more than frustrated. Missing the joy of making music.

Please help.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:59 AM   #2
slipstick

What computer ? What connection USB/Firewire ? What type of driver are you using for the interface ?

It sounds like either Reaper simply hasn't recognised your interface or you haven't set up the correct input channels, either in Preferences or on the track you're trying to record.

Steve
Old 08-29-2016, 09:11 AM   #3
echonoise

I'm using a macbook pro (OS X El Capitan) w/ usb connection and MOTU Audio Setup as driver. I have the MOTU mk3 selected as my audio interface in preferences within REAPER. I have also tried every input channel in both stereo and mono. No signal.

Reaper detects the audio interface, as it is giving me the correct number of input and output selections that makeup the MOTU mk3.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:24 AM   #4
uncleswede

Having selected the appropriate input channel on the track for whatever's plugged into your MOTU, have you armed that track for recording and turned on monitoring?

Last edited by uncleswede; 08-29-2016 at 10:24 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-29-2016, 10:29 AM   #5
echonoise

Yes. All tracks are armed to record, with monitoring turned on.

Just tried recording in Reaper with my Presonus Audiobox USB interface, and it worked just fine right away.

Does anyone have a MOTU mk3 ultralite out there? This seems to be the common issue: getting Reaper to detect incoming input levels on this device.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #6
LeftyF

I'm having the same issue with the UltraLite AVB - did you ever solve it?