Old 08-13-2017, 10:34 PM   #201
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankind Global Media View Post
Pretty much the general tone has been "Anyone who thinks what's implied in the article linked in the OP must be fulla bullshit." When Bezusheist showed up, the tone changed to something more business-like for the most part.
I can tell you what is being transmitted in screaming fidelity: The sound of moving goalposts
Old 08-13-2017, 11:50 PM   #202
drumphil
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
I can tell you what is being transmitted in screaming fidelity: The sound of moving goalposts
Sigh, I'm the real idiot here for letting myself get sucked into his rubbish.

Yah know that moment when you realize you're spending time and effort to explain how things work, to someone who doesn't know how things work, while they argue with you about how things work.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:26 AM   #203
Judders

Quote:
I merely mentioned muffled because of the screenshot Bezusheist shared. This is not a sock puppet. Check my Join Date
<--------
You know how easy it is to think something sounds fine one minute, then look at a frequency plot showing a low pass and think it sounds muffled?

As for puppetry, this finally gave you away:

Quote:
What that says to me, anyway - is "Muffled sound with the potential for distortion upon increase of gain due to the high cut SC makes."

Anyway, drumphil was the only person who did any tests until bezusheist took up the torch. I don't know what your beef is.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:10 AM   #204
Mankind Global Media
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
You know how easy it is to think something sounds fine one minute, then look at a frequency plot showing a low pass and think it sounds muffled
No, actually. Are you seeking therapy for that problem?

Quote:
As for puppetry, this finally gave you away
Gave what away? All I ever said was that the proper definition of a Sock Puppet doesn't apply here And it still doesn't!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)

Pardon me whilst I #rekt your vacuous, unsupported claims
Old 08-20-2017, 03:11 AM   #205
Mankind Global Media
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Prove it.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:20 AM   #206
Mankind Global Media
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumphil View Post
What the fuck does that actually mean???? What is the signal in the situation we are looking at? SC's "broadcast" (it isn't broadcasting!!) function doesn't do anything to change the source
People refer to "Internet Radio" even though it's also not a "Radio Station" in the truest sense, or older sense of the term. So what's wrong with the use of "signal?" My guitar teacher used the term "Signal to noise ratio" to explain a playing technique to me - play with gusto to get your guitar sound above the sound of a raspy pick~! But I'm not a "signal" in the sense of "broadcasting." But the analogy still holds.

Quote:
If what you hear through the web page is any different to what you hear if you just download a copy of the original 128k mp3, then the difference is because of the player in the web page, not anything to do with sources and signals
The "player in the web page" is what people are hearing that is making them say "Bandcamp rules, Soundcloud drools." So would you PLEASE address this issue? Thanks~!
Old 08-20-2017, 04:17 AM   #207
Softsynth

Quote:
Sigh, I'm the real idiot here for letting myself get sucked into his rubbish.

Yah know that moment when you realize you're spending time and effort to explain how things work, to someone who doesn't know how things work, while they argue with you about how things work.
Reminded me of this:

Old 08-20-2017, 05:26 AM   #208
drumphil

I think I just got stupider by reading his reply.

Yah know what tho? I just found peace in this situation. I no longer care what this idiot thinks about the subject or me as a person. If he actually cared about understanding, I'd take all the time in the world. But he cares more about other things.

Good day to you sir, now please kindly fuck off.

Gawd that felt good.

I'm off to bed to sleep incredibly soundly.

Last edited by drumphil; 08-20-2017 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:19 AM   #209
Mankind Global Media
Banned

Quote:
I think I just got stupider by reading his reply.

Yah know what tho? I just found peace in this situation. I no longer care what this idiot thinks about the subject or me as a person. If he actually cared about understanding, I'd take all the time in the world. But he cares more about other things.

Good day to you sir, now please kindly fuck off.

Gawd that felt good.

I'm off to bed to sleep incredibly soundly.

The crux of the issue from the gitgo has been "Why do these different outlets sound different streaming the same song?" If you don't care to address that, then you just took this thread through 6 pages of a colossal waste of everyone's time. Excellent work, sir - I bow to your intellectual superiority
Old 08-20-2017, 08:22 AM   #210
serr

Does anyone listen to online streaming on their home audiophile system?

I'm thinking this service is aimed at iThings with earbuds or car stereos. I'm not trying to discern what year Stradivarius the first chain violinist is playing. I'm trying to hear Black Sabbath over the road noise!
Mac Pro 8x3.33GHz i7, 16GB, 256GB SSD(OS, apps), 3x2TB 7200 HD(data); MacBook Pro 2.8GHz, 6GB, 128GB SSD HD(OS, apps), 750GB 7200 HD(data); 2xTrue Precision 8; Apogee AD-16; 2xMOTU 828mk3, Evolution UC-33e; Faderport; WiRanger, iPad & the analog mixer has retired
Old 08-20-2017, 09:39 AM   #211
Softsynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by serr View Post
Does anyone listen to online streaming on their home audiophile system?

I'm thinking this service is aimed at iThings with earbuds or car stereos. I'm not trying to discern what year Stradivarius the first chain violinist is playing. I'm trying to hear Black Sabbath over the road noise!
Yes they do. It is very popular:
http://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/connect.html
Closed Thread