Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 06-01-2014, 07:17 AM   #1
TheMaxxGL
Human being with feelings

Default Logidy UMI3 and transport control

Hi, all,

I just picked up a Logidy UMI3 this weekend with the intent of using it for transport control in Reaper 4.62/x64. I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64.

The UMI3 is working as I can "get info" in it's setup program. The Note On events are working because if I enable it as a MIDI device in Reaper the plugins do receive the Note On/Release events.

However, in the Actions list if I try to Add a shortcut for Transport/Record and step on a switch, I get no reaction from Reaper. I've tried using Control messages from the UMI3 instead of Note messages, but to no effect.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance,
Rob-
TheMaxxGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
TheMaxxGL

I found it: the device has to be enabled for control messages in the MIDI device setup.
TheMaxxGL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:17 AM   #3
Sherpa

Default Logidy UMI3 and Transport Control

+1

Having the same issue - I've enabled the Logidy foot pedak for control messages in the MIDI device setup. Still, no response when attempting to make custom actions using the pedal.
Sherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:45 PM   #4
Gerry P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
...I've enabled the Logidy foot pedak for control messages in the MIDI device setup. Still, no response when attempting to make custom actions using the pedal.
Anyone get this to work with the Transport functions?

Update: F/S arrived yesterday... nice pedal and works out of the box... Assign each button via Action list for the Transport functions (or anything else).

Last edited by Gerry P; 07-01-2016 at 09:05 AM.
Gerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 06:23 PM   #5
LordByron

Default I'm having trouble too

I too am having issues getting my Logidy USB Midi controller to work with reaper. I have enabled the Logidy to send control input in Reaper preferences, but when I go to assign a footswitch message as a shortcut to a control option (ex. Record), Reaper does not recognize the foot switch's message in the shortcut setup dialog.

I have the Logidy set up to send CC messages on Midi Channel 1. I have tried setting it up with Stop message both enabled and disabled.

What am I missing here? (I feel virtually certain this is classic "user error" but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
LordByron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:43 PM   #6
LordByron

Default Still issues, but new message

I just updated Reaper to the latest version and new whenever I open Reaper I get an message that it cannot load inputs from the Logidy. :/

The Logidy control software recognizes the device and Reaper knows its there, since I have added and enabled the Logidy as a midi device that can send command input, but clearly there is some kind of issue here.

Any thoughts or solutions would be great!
LordByron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:53 AM   #7
muttoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordByron View Post
I just updated Reaper to the latest version and new whenever I open Reaper I get an message that it cannot load inputs from the Logidy. :/

The Logidy control software recognizes the device and Reaper knows its there, since I have added and enabled the Logidy as a midi device that can send command input, but clearly there is some kind of issue here.

Any thoughts or solutions would be great!
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but...

I just bought a Lodigy UMI3 and having no luck getting Reaper to see it. Most of the searches I've done result in "this is really easy" and "works out of the box".

Clearly I'm dim.

Do I need to add this as a midi device in Reaper? If so, how... it does not show up as a specific device. I can add it as an input under HUI etc... but this doesn't do anything with Reaper. Just trying to use it as a transport control. The device is recognized in windows and the Lodigy control software is connected. Ive tried control messages, program messages etc etc. Nothing.

There's mention of "enabling control messages" in the midi device setup, but I can't find that anywhere.

I'm sure I'm missing something... help?

Lonny
muttoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #8
Slotunes

Default Logidy UMI3 setup

Just bought one of these and maybe I can help. When you first plug it in; LOGIDY should automatically show up in the Midi devices.Make sure its enabled+control enabled.This way it sends info.Next, go to ACTIONS and type in transport or whatever you want to control.After having this page opened in REAPER, bring up the LOGIDY page and click on EVENT and scroll to PROGRAM and uncheck RELEASE message.Then back to REAPER ACTIONS page, add PLAY and a pop up window will open and you step on footswitch button 1.This should trigger that action in REAPER.Do the same for button 2 STOP and 3 RECORD. You can program whatever action you want the footswitch to do. Save in Logidy page by clicking FILE. The manual isnt too clear, so I did trial and error and mine seems to work.Hope this helps!
Slotunes is offline   Reply With Quote