Old 02-17-2018, 11:52 PM   #1
jesussaddle
Human being with feelings

Default Zooming Back Out Bug

I set my Actions so that Alt + Mousewheel will zoom in/out, and I set my preferences so that the mouse pointer should be the target of this zooming.

I can navigate to the beginning of the timeline, and hover my mouse to the left of the arrange page, and zoom. The zoom works correctly in the zoom-in direction. But unfortunately ZOOMING BACK OUT does not REMAIN FOCUSED ON THE MOUSE CURSOR where it should BE focued. It seems that the minute changes in mouse cursor position made when one is zoomed in, become amplified on the way out. This is super-annoying because I am forced to re-position the scroll bar after I zoom back out, whereas I should be able to go in and take a look at something, and return with the scrollbar in the same position.

I have had behaviors occasionally that are specific to my own setup, but I reset my configuration to the defaults just a two hours ago.

Who knows. Can someone please verify this is happening for them, or help me get it to stop?

Zooming using the Edit Cursor Position works, so I think I understand what is going on - as I mentioned above - its a resolution issue, which may be easy to fix, or maybe not Which is the reason why to test this I'm zooming with my mouse to the left of the arrange area, in the hopes that Reaper will use the earliest timeline position. Similarly, would it be possible (for this to work for those of us that use the mouse cursor to zoom with) for Reaper to use the grid setting for zooming if it is on - IOW to lock the zoom action to the grid, so that it doesn't apparently drift off and become useless on the way back?

Note that my Prevent Alt Key setting is turned on as per:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=203155

Last edited by jesussaddle; 02-18-2018 at 12:07 AM.
jesussaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:10 PM   #2
jesussaddle

I wish someone could verify this, or prove it doesn't happen for them, so I would know if its a bug with my system.
jesussaddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:13 PM   #3
Fergler

I can confirm. To clarify, your putting the cursor over the TCP, outside of the arrange view?

Working fine if I am over the arrange view, but does what you say if I am over the TCP.

Last edited by Fergler; 02-20-2018 at 08:21 PM.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote