Old 09-16-2018, 09:52 PM   #1
nozehed
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 46
Default [5.95] Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 Sample Rate Issue

Hi guys,

I've got a major problem with Reaper 5.95 on Windows 10 (V10.0.17134 Build 17134) and my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (1st Gen, latest driver v4.36.5).

Long story short: if I change the sample rate in project settings in Reaper, it crashes. I've attached the event from windows event viewer.

I did some testing of other apps and hardware...

- Soundforge will play multiple wavs at different sample rates and the Scarlett will change it's rate accordingly and works fine. This makes me think the issue is on the Reaper side.

- Swapping out the Scarlett with a Behringer UMC202 works fine in Reaper and I can change the sample rate with no issues. This makes me think it's a driver issue specifically between Reaper and the Scarlett.

Has anyone else had this issue and/or could someone recommend a fix?

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reaper Samplerate Change Crash.zip (5.3 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by nozehed; 09-18-2018 at 05:26 PM.
nozehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #2
nozehed
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 46
Default

Sorry to bump this, but is there really nobody else with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 1st Gen, Windows 10 and having this sample rate change issue?
nozehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:37 AM   #3
ivansc
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Cambridge UK and Near Questembert, France
Posts: 17,894
Default

Sorry to go slightly off on a tangent but have you downloaded and installed the very recent update to the version 1 focusrite USB device drivers?

Might just fix the issue....
__________________
We are in a rudderless ship with a fool at the wheel who doesnt even realise it ain`t working any more
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:12 AM   #4
uksnowy
Human being with feelings
 
uksnowy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 6950 DK
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Sorry to go slightly off on a tangent but have you downloaded and installed the very recent update to the version 1 focusrite USB device drivers?

Might just fix the issue....
I am not sure that release was relevant for the 2i4.

@nozehed - I run a 2i4 and do not experience any crashes or issues related to sample rate activities. However, I am running Win 7 and still on Reaper V5.80.. I'm just to lazy to update.
__________________
REAPING HAVOC SINCE 2008
uksnowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:14 AM   #5
MaCs
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozehed View Post
Hi guys,

I've got a major problem with Reaper 5.95 on Windows 10 (V10.0.17134 Build 17134) and my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (1st Gen, latest driver v4.36.5).

Long story short: if I change the sample rate in project settings in Reaper, it crashes. I've attached the event from windows event viewer.

I did some testing of other apps and hardware...

- Soundforge will play multiple wavs at different sample rates and the Scarlett will change it's rate accordingly and works fine. This makes me think the issue is on the Reaper side.

- Swapping out the Scarlett with a Behringer UMC202 works fine in Reaper and I can change the sample rate with no issues. This makes me think it's a driver issue specifically between Reaper and the Scarlett.

Has anyone else had this issue and/or could someone recommend a fix?

Cheers!
This also happens to me. I have a Clarett 4pre USB interface with latest drivers, Windows 7, and latest Reaper version. It also crashes when loading a project with a different sample rate.
MaCs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:10 PM   #6
ivansc
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Cambridge UK and Near Questembert, France
Posts: 17,894
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksnowy View Post
I am not sure that release was relevant for the 2i4.

@nozehed - I run a 2i4 and do not experience any crashes or issues related to sample rate activities. However, I am running Win 7 and still on Reaper V5.80.. I'm just to lazy to update.
I thought it was only the 2i2 that was unchanged. You are probably right. I had hell of a time with the original USB1 2i2 AND 2i4 a few years back though. Assumed the most recent fix had indeed sorted out at least the 2i4 and up.
__________________
We are in a rudderless ship with a fool at the wheel who doesnt even realise it ain`t working any more
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #7
knaggsy2000
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 9
Default

I use both the 2i4 (1st gen) and the 18i20 (2nd gen) and have also seen some strange behaviour with the more recent drivers. For me I found that using an older (beta) driver (v4.26.0.183) worked better for me, even for both of those soundcards. I would first suggest using an older driver and if you're still getting issues it might also be worth contacting Focusrite support to get additional assistance.


Hope this helps.
knaggsy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.