Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
travlin sam
Human being with feelings

Default reaper with line 6 toneport. Help please

hi, i just got line 6 toneport and need some help. i can get reaper (newbie only had reaper for a few weeks) to recgonize the gearbox but when i come out off my mixer into the line inputs all i pick up is noisy static with kind of a pulse to it. i can here my tracks at times burried under the noise. does anyone have any suggestions? i set my audio in reaper to asio with sends 1 first 4 last and all that stuff by the way. also i am going into a toshiba laptop with windows 7. thanks for any help guys
travlin sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
skipkent

Are you, in fact, running the older Gearbox app, or are you running the latest 1.x (or 2.x) Pod Farm plugin? If you haven't already, be sure and download the 'Monkey' app from the Line6 site and make sure you have the latest everything. Don't bother with the drivers on the cd as they are sure to be way out-dated.

I do recall reading up on some issues involving Line6 interfaces and some of the newer AMD processors. Here's one, as an example:

http://line6.com/community/thread/23287

I don't think any of it is insurmountable, and may involve power-saving features on your laptop that need to be tamed or perhaps disabled.

Do some Googling on this and post back here with some more specific details of what you're running and what's happening.

Reaper aside, I think your first goal should be to get the Gearbox/Pod Farm 1.x stand-alone application working nicely with the Line6 drivers, and then we can move on from there and get you hooked up with Reaper.
skipkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
travlin sam

hi, thanks for the reply. that is my luck that there is a glitch running windows 7. i guess i will have to put it up for sale on e-bay. i checked the power savings settings and it was turned off. when i first got the line 6 tone3port ux2 and loaded everything up the mic input worked fine going into reaper but i could not get it to switch from mic to line inputs so i went to the line 6 monkey link and upgraded the newest drivers. this fixed the problem off not being able to switch the inputs but like i stated it has all the noise static and pulse going on. i did not go back and check to see if the mic input still works. i really at the moment need line inputs instead of mic inputs because i am only using reaper at the moment for stereo track editing. my system by the way is windows 7 running amd sepron (tm)si-42 2.10 ghz with 2 gb ram 32-bit operating system. is there another usb device that is recomended to work well with reaper that doesn't cost an arm and leg. all i need is a usb and a s/pif out. i saw that lexican makes a device that seems resonable priced. thanks for the help, like i say i am new to this and need all the help i can get. thanks again
travlin sam is offline   Reply With Quote