Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Recording Technologies and Techniques

Old 06-30-2019, 02:27 AM   #1
Rangler
Human being with feelings

Default How should I send a bunch of tracks to separate R/L busses for parallel compression?

I have Waves CLA-76 that I want to do duo-mono for my parallel compression bus.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:11 PM   #2
Tod

Set up a separate track and put your compressor on it.

Then setup a send from your audio track to the compressor track.

Now your good to go except for one thing, the audio track and compressor track should be routed to the same
destination, whether that's another bus track or the Master output.

I assume you know how to go from there?

PS: Well that's part of it but after rereading your post there is obviously more to it.

Can you explain the tracks that are involved and what this separate R/L buses are?

Last edited by Tod; 07-01-2019 at 01:16 PM.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:19 PM   #3
Rusty Falcon

The key is that he is trying to recreate 'dual mono' compression using the Waves CLA-76 in Reaper. Some DAWs such as Pro Tools allow use of 'dual mono' plugin instances but I have not seen this available in Reaper.

If memory serves at least in my Reaper setup with Waves 10 plugins installed I can use a CLA-76 Mono or CLA-76 Stereo.

What I had to do in the past is setup TWO 'mono' plugins like CLA-76 mono on my parallel compression track and change the plugin IO Routing on each so that one accepts "Input 1" and outputs to "Output 1" and the other accepts "Input 2" and outputs to "Output 2".

To achieve unity gain at output I think I lowered the output gain on each plugin by -3.
Rusty Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:34 PM   #4
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Falcon View Post
The key is that he is trying to recreate 'dual mono' compression using the Waves CLA-76 in Reaper. Some DAWs such as Pro Tools allow use of 'dual mono' plugin instances but I have not seen this available in Reaper.

If memory serves at least in my Reaper setup with Waves 10 plugins installed I can use a CLA-76 Mono or CLA-76 Stereo.

What I had to do in the past is setup TWO 'mono' plugins like CLA-76 mono on my parallel compression track and change the plugin IO Routing on each so that one accepts "Input 1" and outputs to "Output 1" and the other accepts "Input 2" and outputs to "Output 2".

To achieve unity gain at output I think I lowered the output gain on each plugin by -3.
That sound about right to me Rusty.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #5
brainwreck

Yea, you can set up two instances of a plugin and use fx routing. You could also use parameter linking so that you only have to adjust one set of controls.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:20 PM   #6
Rangler

I figured it out. I sent everything to 1 track (labeled as "In") then used the ROUTE and sent side 1 (labeled as "Left") to another track and side 2 to another track (labeled as "Right") and put all 3 tracks on a parent folder (labeled as Parallel). Then I put any kind of compressor I want into those 2 "Right" and "Left" tracks.