Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Video Editing/Mangling

Old 07-05-2022, 12:19 PM   #81
BenjyO
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulevardi View Post
However, I'm wondering how to tweak or use the script for placing multiple videos above each other, like a Reel on Instagram (or a TikTok video), which would be something like 1080 x 1920 pixels.
How to put 2-3 or more landscape videos aligned above each other so it results in a portrait size video?
That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out right now but with no luck so far
Old 07-05-2022, 04:10 PM   #82
papagirafe

The preset that makes the grid consists of 2 main loops (if I recall well): one to discovers which tracks/items to process and another to calculate the positions and size of the elements. To change the default placement behavior you need to recode the second loop which is no easy task. I am in the process of creating a video library that will address this lack of flexibility but I don't have any release date yet. In the mean time your best bet is to manually place each videos item (in layers) with "overlay image" presets (or the new version with rotation I just published).

Last edited by papagirafe; 07-06-2022 at 03:57 AM. Reason: typos
papagirafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 11:54 PM   #83
BenjyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by papagirafe View Post
The preset that does makes the grid is made of 2 main loops (if I recall well): one to discovers which tracks/items to process and another to calculate the positions and size of the elements. To change the default placement behavior you need to recode the second loop which is no easy task. I am in the process of creating a video library that will address this lack of flexibility but I don't have any release date yet. In the mean time your best bet is to manually place each videos item (in layers) with "overlay image" presets (or the new version with rotation I just published).
Thank you for the tips. I definitely won't try to recode since I don't have time to learn EEL just for that. I'll try the workaround you suggested. I'll check out your version of the overlay preset too.

Tried DaVinci Resolve yesterday to get this grid-like video but I gave up when I realized you can't split or move video clips sub-frame. I have a clip that I want to constantly repeat - in every song section but this section is of a length that's not divisible by the framerate so if I split it by the frames and duplicated it it would slowly drift out of sync with the underlying song. It's weird that they allow splitting audio at the sample level but not video clips. So I returned to Reaper since it allows splitting video items in the same manner as audio items which allows me to easily sync audio and video.
Edit: If anyone reading this knows how to achieve sub-frame splitting and moving of video clips in Resolve (or a good workaround), please contact me. I'd still like to learn/utilize Resolve in the future but I don't have enough patience at the moment to find a workaround for this "feature".

Last edited by BenjyO; 07-06-2022 at 12:00 AM.
BenjyO is offline   Reply With Quote