Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 05-30-2020, 11:32 AM   #1
killergege
Human being with feelings

Default Takes : prevent select active take on click

I found a few very old threads about this, mostly talking about workarounds so I wanted this topic back :

Current behavior for takes is that any click on it changes the current active take.
This is convenient, but also "dangerous" as it is very easy to accidentally change the selection without noticing.
The current solution is to lock to the active take all items, but you have to think doing it, or write custom actions to do it for you.

Possible solutions :
- Allow to enable "lock to active take" by default on items. I think it might not be that simple as there are multiple possible behaviors to study (what happens when you record a new take ? Does it switch to the new one ?)
- Allow disabling the active take change on click (option in Preferences -> Mouse, maybe ?). User could also use Preferences -> Mouse Modifiers to set that feature to a custom key combination, or use shortcuts.

Last edited by killergege; 05-30-2020 at 05:43 PM.
killergege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:05 PM   #2
ferropop
Human being with feelings

+1 very much agree. My workaround is to lock all the takes on the track, and assign a mouse modifier to Ctrl-Alt-Click to set take under mouse as active take. Not great.
ferropop is offline   Reply With Quote