Old 02-17-2024, 12:56 AM   #1
flipotto
Human being with feelings

Default Old Eyes - big text themes?

All,

Are there any themes with big fonts?

I'm getting older and and it is hard to read the toolbar buttons and other text elements.

Thanks for replies and suggestions.
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 03:29 AM   #2
ArmTazar

Post 3

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=288438

Regarding sources. The vast majority are "if I'm not mistaken" provided by Windows. The ones that are not go with the Theme you have selected.

All the best
ArmTazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 04:19 AM   #3
cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmTazar View Post
Post 3

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=288438

Regarding sources. The vast majority are "if I'm not mistaken" provided by Windows. The ones that are not go with the Theme you have selected.

All the best

Yes, this is the best option. And it will work with any theme.
But, unfortunately, this will not affect the font size in the plugin lists and media browser list.

Also, to enlarge fonts (including the list of plugins), I recommend paying attention to the REAPER Readers plugin: https://analogdessert.com/downloads/reaper-readers/
cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 07:24 AM   #4
flipotto

Thank you both!
Had to scale my windows instead, too hard to see the file names in explorer too.
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 07:28 AM   #5
phaselab

Open the Theme Tweaker, search for "Fonts" and there you can change almost any fontsize
phaselab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 11:43 AM   #6
Rednroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaselab View Post
Open the Theme Tweaker, search for "Fonts" and there you can change almost any fontsize
While this is true, it ends up being a crude approach to go about increasing font sizes where you tend to break more things than you fix.

The reason being is that the theme defines the size of the containers those fonts sit in, so while this does provide a way to increase the actual font sizes, the size of the containers they are meant to go in are not increased to accommodate the increased font size. Therefore, often is the case you end up with large fonts being cut off.

I found the theme tweaker adjustments for fonts, best to limit changing of the font type while not adjusting the actual font size and if you do change the font size, expect to break something in the process.
Rednroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 03:26 AM   #7
jussi

Analogdessert, as mentioned above, is the answer.
jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 12:16 PM   #8
dub tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jussi View Post
Analogdessert, as mentioned above, is the answer.
I've followed the instructions in the readme and it doesn't seem to do anything at all in Reaper 7. The actions are there and the configuration window opens, but none of the fonts actually change when I run the actions. I've tried closing the windows, and closing reaper entirely.

Is this working for you on Reaper 7?
dub tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 12:50 PM   #9
jussi

It works fine, it's just a bit unintuitive. Once you're set, you never have to touch it again. I've increased the fonts just a tad but I wouldn't be able to go back to the standard ant size I was experiencing before.
Old 02-21-2024, 01:42 PM   #10
dub tree

Ah, I just figured out, it only works if Windows' scaling is set to 100%, which kind of defeats the purpose of using it in the first place. But thanks anyway!
Old 02-21-2024, 03:23 PM   #11
jussi

My windows scaling is set to 100%. Without analogdessert the text is too small but everything else is fine. Remember that this is only for windows textboxes inside Reaper, all other fonts you adjust on the theme itself.
Old 02-22-2024, 09:57 AM   #12
dub tree

I understand. What I meant was, i need to run my display at 150% because of all the other stuff I do on my computer besides Reaper. Having to switch display scaling to 100% every time I launch reaper, and back to 150% every time I close it, is a pain in the ass. There is no other (modern) software I'm aware of that requires such a clunky 3rd-party workaround just to have a legible interface. And it means while I'm running Reaper, I can't just alt-tab out of it to do something else because it will be too small for me at 100%. Honestly, I love Reaper but after 10 years of using it with absolutely zero improvements in the readability area, I'm about ready to jump ship.
Old 02-22-2024, 10:34 PM   #13
profquad

Quote:
My windows scaling is set to 100%. Without analogdessert the text is too small but everything else is fine. Remember that this is only for windows textboxes inside Reaper, all other fonts you adjust on the theme itself.
This does not seem to be true. I have yet to find a combination of any of these things that increases the font size of the text above the mixer channels i.e. the effects and routing. Reducing Windows' scaling to 100% made some internal windows in Reaper larger, but had no affect on that text, nor did analogdessert's extension.

Justin? Help?
profquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 03:30 PM   #14
jussi

Might not seem but it is true. Go to actions and click "Theme development: Show theme tweak/configuration windows", then filter by the word "font" and you'll see all the theme fonts.
Old 02-25-2024, 08:36 AM   #15
profquad

Quote:
Might not seem but it is true. Go to actions and click "Theme development: Show theme tweak/configuration windows", then filter by the word "font" and you'll see all the theme fonts.
oh wow, actually changed something but I have no idea what.. the WALTER system is very opaque. Found out I can see what's what in /REAPER/ColorThemes thanks to https://www.reaper.fm/sdk/walter/walter.php but honestly it doesn't make any sense to me.
Also found White Tie's guide, which is very thorough, but more than I can chew right now: https://www.houseofwhitetie.com/reap...mers_guide.pdf

I stumbled upon the right one to change the font size of FX, but can't find a way to increase the font size of code in Video Processor
Old 02-25-2024, 09:35 AM   #16
profquad

ah, fixed it with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF80HIivYYQ&t=3s