https://www.scoringnotes.com/reviews...ro-7-5-review/
peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:28 AM   #2
thevisi0nary
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
Cool review.

I could write a book on my sentiment about guitar pro. My opinion is that Guitar pro 5 was an incredible tool for guitar players learning to branch out and make full songs. It really changed me as a writer. Then they took everything good about gp5 (mainly an intuitive and easy workflow) and completely shit the bed with guitar pro 6. People didn't use GP for sound design, they used it as an easy way to compose and construct ideas. So taking a simple to use product and making it cumbersome to use is a level of screw up that is actually impressive to me.

I have guitar pro 7, and while it's pretty cool and definitely better than 6, it just serves no purpose for me 12 years later. The work flow is better than 6 for sure, but it is still just too heavy and glitchy, too many things that it does not need and makes it bloated. Gp5 was light weight, took 1 minute to install. You got your ideas down quickly, or you branched out and made drafts for songs. There is so much in 7 that does not need to be there and defeats the purpose.
thevisi0nary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:30 PM   #3
pipelineaudio
Mortal

*SOME* things added to 7 really really make the flow of importing guitar pro tracks into reaper a lot less painful.

I'm pretty sure Doug Marks has their ear, so if there's stuff to fix that isn't the things we're already screaming about, you may want to put it in his forum.

I finally last week moved all the remaining computers at the school to GP7
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:32 PM   #4
EvilDragon

Sadly they completely botched how MIDI export works (and sounds in realtime) compared to v4 or v5. Stuff like slides and especially palm mutes sounds completely off compared to those versions.

There were a couple of improvements there but it's still not producing the same quality result as v5 or v4. I've had tickets back and forth with them for over a year and they still can't get it right. Ridiculous.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:19 AM   #5
frood

interesting. I used gp4 for many years and then gp5 for longer. I still use it to write drum parts - I just find it very easy and quick to enter the notes. I tried gp6 very briefly once and found the extra sounds interesting, but not something that i could be arsed to work with. even in gp5 I tend to turn to 'RSE' off, since I'm just going to export the MIDI and use a VSTi anyway.
frood is offline   Reply With Quote