Old 02-26-2018, 10:28 AM   #41
Sexan
Human being with feelings
 
Sexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 2,452
Default

the other bug is you cannot select all tracks (ctrl+a), script deselects them
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:03 PM   #42
spk77
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
the other bug is you cannot select all tracks (ctrl+a), script deselects them
"Xenakios/SWS: Scroll track view up (page)" steals the focus from TCP.
Is there any other way to scroll a track or tracks to top?

"reaper.SetCursorContext(0)" focuses TCP - I hope it fixes the bug.
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 12:37 PM   #43
Sexan
Human being with feelings
 
Sexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 2,452
Default

yeah, fixed!
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:05 PM   #44
hopi
Human being with feelings
 
hopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Right Hear
Posts: 15,104
Default

I know there is working going on [I have faith ]

still would like to be able to put the tags into some order of my own choice

also it might be great to be able edit an existing tag, like add or subract things from it

right now we have to remove and then remake a new one

tag colors?

Also about donations... I'm USA but donations are in EU and on the page it shows 0,00 for starting
I don't know how much to enter the comma instead of a decimal point is what has me confused
I know 16.00 EU is about 20 us but don't know what 16,00 would be...

OK I found a way by just sending from my PP to your email addy... done
__________________
...should be fixed for the next build... http://tinyurl.com/cr7o7yl
https://soundcloud.com/hopikiva/angel-rain

Last edited by hopi; 02-26-2018 at 09:28 PM.
hopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:07 AM   #45
vanhaze
Human being with feelings
 
vanhaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 4,772
Default

@ Sexan: Such a great Script, i am surely gonna make a Vid about it on my Reaper tuts YT Channel !

One request, if possible: Holding down 1 modifier key (like ALT) an then mouse clicking on a Tag selects only that Tag ; other Tags (if any) become deselected.

Would be awesome !
Many thanks in advance 🙏🏼
BTW: Do you have a Donation page which i can mention in my YT video ?
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:00 AM   #46
spk77
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,541
Default

I had to finish this Tetris thingy...I'm glad that all blocks were square-shaped for easier fitting :
https://stash.reaper.fm/32998/Rivitalo%20PH3.png




Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
I know there is working going on [I have faith ]

still would like to be able to put the tags into some order of my own choice

also it might be great to be able edit an existing tag, like add or subract things from it

right now we have to remove and then remake a new one

tag colors?

Also about donations... I'm USA but donations are in EU and on the page it shows 0,00 for starting
I don't know how much to enter the comma instead of a decimal point is what has me confused
I know 16.00 EU is about 20 us but don't know what 16,00 would be...

OK I found a way by just sending from my PP to your email addy... done
Thanks for the donation!
"Customizable tag-button order" -feature should be possible to implement but it's quite difficult thing to do. Add/subtract tracks to/from tags and some coloring options will be added at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
@ Sexan: Such a great Script, i am surely gonna make a Vid about it on my Reaper tuts YT Channel !

One request, if possible: Holding down 1 modifier key (like ALT) an then mouse clicking on a Tag selects only that Tag ; other Tags (if any) become deselected.

Would be awesome !
Many thanks in advance ����
BTW: Do you have a Donation page which i can mention in my YT video ?
Thanks! "Modifier keys+mouse click for selecting/deselecting tag-buttons" -feature will be added.

This is my PayPal donation page (it's also in my signature):
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:27 AM   #47
spk77
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,541
Default

What are the "xdir" and "ydir" -parameters in reaper.CSurf_OnScroll(integer xdir, integer ydir)? Pixels?

I think I can replace "Xenakios/SWS: Scroll track view up (page)" with "reaper.CSurf_OnScroll(0, -10000)".
It seems to scroll the tracklist back to the top.
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #48
Zirrex
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Russia
Posts: 72
Default

Thank you! Convenient script!

It would be nice to have the following option:
- if the folder is closed, then choosing the TAG with the folder, the folder automatically opens.
Zirrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:35 PM   #49
hopi
Human being with feelings
 
hopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Right Hear
Posts: 15,104
Default

watching for the next update with eager eyes! nice work on the tetris thingy

always good to have some physical world projects, ain't it?
__________________
...should be fixed for the next build... http://tinyurl.com/cr7o7yl
https://soundcloud.com/hopikiva/angel-rain
hopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:49 AM   #50
spk77
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirrex View Post
Thank you! Convenient script!

It would be nice to have the following option:
- if the folder is closed, then choosing the TAG with the folder, the folder automatically opens.
That's a good idea, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
watching for the next update with eager eyes! nice work on the tetris thingy

always good to have some physical world projects, ain't it?
That's my dayjob . Now it's weekend and I have some time to make updates and fix some remaining bugs.
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:15 AM   #51
benf
Human being with feelings
 
benf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Posts: 2,628
Default

I was looking into your code and I don't understand why you wrote both those functions, because they're totally the same.
Code:
function show_all()
  reaper.PreventUIRefresh(1)
  for i=1, reaper.CountTracks(0) do
    local tr = reaper.GetTrack(0, i-1)
    if tr then
      reaper.SetMediaTrackInfo_Value(tr, "B_SHOWINTCP", 1)
      reaper.SetMediaTrackInfo_Value(tr, "B_SHOWINMIXER", 1)
    end
  end
  reaper.PreventUIRefresh(-1)
  reaper.TrackList_AdjustWindows(false)
end


function hide_all()
  reaper.PreventUIRefresh(1)
  for i=1, reaper.CountTracks(0) do
    local tr = reaper.GetTrack(0, i-1)
    if tr then
      reaper.SetMediaTrackInfo_Value(tr, "B_SHOWINTCP", 1)
      reaper.SetMediaTrackInfo_Value(tr, "B_SHOWINMIXER", 1)
    end
  end
  reaper.PreventUIRefresh(-1)
  reaper.TrackList_AdjustWindows(false)
end
__________________
Listen and download my music on https://benest.bandcamp.com/
benf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:18 AM   #52
spk77
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,541
Default

@benf
I guess I just copy/pasted some code and forgot to edit it . I'll replace them with set_visibility(bool showall) or something.

I'm adding some sorting options for folder-type tags, but I don't know how to separate them visually from tag-buttons that are created from track selection. Any ideas?

Last edited by spk77; 03-03-2018 at 01:13 PM.
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:25 PM   #53
spk77
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,541
Default

I need to create unique IDs for tag-buttons.
Maybe this would work:

(Simplified example)
Code:
local btns = {}
for i=1, 100 do
  local btn = {}
  btn.id = tostring(reaper.time_precise())
  reaper.ShowConsoleMsg("Button " .. i .. " ID:" .. btn.id .. "\n")
  btns[#btns+1] = btn
end
When I run the code above, I get these IDs:
Code:
Button 1 ID:1229875.9240888
Button 2 ID:1229875.9251411
Button 3 ID:1229875.9259227
Button 4 ID:1229875.9267648
Button 5 ID:1229875.927651
Button 6 ID:1229875.9286869
Button 7 ID:1229875.9298206
Button 8 ID:1229875.9309378
Button 9 ID:1229875.932157
Button 10 ID:1229875.9333564
Button 11 ID:1229875.9353068
Button 12 ID:1229875.9368132
Button 13 ID:1229875.938463
Button 14 ID:1229875.9399486
Button 15 ID:1229875.9415133
Button 16 ID:1229875.9443212
Button 17 ID:1229875.9462477
Button 18 ID:1229875.9480084
Button 19 ID:1229875.9498833
Button 20 ID:1229875.9523092
Button 21 ID:1229875.9545138
Button 22 ID:1229875.9565518
Button 23 ID:1229875.9586066
Button 24 ID:1229875.9607591
Button 25 ID:1229875.9628991
Button 26 ID:1229875.9651184
Button 27 ID:1229875.9677841
Button 28 ID:1229875.9701867
Button 29 ID:1229875.9725821
Button 30 ID:1229875.9749885
Button 31 ID:1229875.9775602
Button 32 ID:1229875.9801344
Button 33 ID:1229875.9828601
Button 34 ID:1229875.9861316
Button 35 ID:1229875.989318
Button 36 ID:1229875.9923694
Button 37 ID:1229875.9955204
Button 38 ID:1229875.9985426
Button 39 ID:1229876.0020798
Button 40 ID:1229876.0052213
Button 41 ID:1229876.0084801
Button 42 ID:1229876.0116155
Button 43 ID:1229876.014891
Button 44 ID:1229876.0185294
Button 45 ID:1229876.0221691
Button 46 ID:1229876.0257041
Button 47 ID:1229876.0293198
Button 48 ID:1229876.0331447
Button 49 ID:1229876.0371452
Button 50 ID:1229876.0409705
Button 51 ID:1229876.0446327
Button 52 ID:1229876.048323
Button 53 ID:1229876.0523074
Button 54 ID:1229876.0565331
Button 55 ID:1229876.0607684
Button 56 ID:1229876.0650162
Button 57 ID:1229876.0693148
Button 58 ID:1229876.0735704
Button 59 ID:1229876.0778177
Button 60 ID:1229876.0831577
Button 61 ID:1229876.0881592
Button 62 ID:1229876.0929219
Button 63 ID:1229876.0976331
Button 64 ID:1229876.1025849
Button 65 ID:1229876.1073346
Button 66 ID:1229876.1119531
Button 67 ID:1229876.1166269
Button 68 ID:1229876.1215917
Button 69 ID:1229876.1271996
Button 70 ID:1229876.1320965
Button 71 ID:1229876.1370902
Button 72 ID:1229876.1421297
Button 73 ID:1229876.147404
Button 74 ID:1229876.1528127
Button 75 ID:1229876.1580149
Button 76 ID:1229876.1636727
Button 77 ID:1229876.1690962
Button 78 ID:1229876.1743907
Button 79 ID:1229876.1796381
Button 80 ID:1229876.1850627
Button 81 ID:1229876.1904374
Button 82 ID:1229876.195862
Button 83 ID:1229876.2012946
Button 84 ID:1229876.2067766
Button 85 ID:1229876.2120298
Button 86 ID:1229876.2174186
Button 87 ID:1229876.2229297
Button 88 ID:1229876.2282437
Button 89 ID:1229876.2335953
Button 90 ID:1229876.2390338
Button 91 ID:1229876.2444409
Button 92 ID:1229876.2498785
Button 93 ID:1229876.2555648
Button 94 ID:1229876.2608069
Button 95 ID:1229876.266262
Button 96 ID:1229876.2719231
Button 97 ID:1229876.2773289
Button 98 ID:1229876.2826511
Button 99 ID:1229876.2883056
Button 100 ID:1229876.293724
Any better ideas?
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:34 PM   #54
Sexan
Human being with feelings
 
Sexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 2,452
Default

Code:
 
reaper.genGuid()
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #55
spk77
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
Code:
 
reaper.genGuid()
Thanks!
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:24 AM   #56
spk77
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,541
Default

After a couple of hours of bug fixing, here's a new version.

(No new features - have to be sure that the script works ok first.)
Code:
ReaTeam Scripts/Various/Track Tags (based on Tracktion 6 track tags)
v0.2.4 by spk77 – March 04 2018
  - Fixed child track tagging
  - "Folder type" tags: deleting a tagged folder track removes the corresponding tag-button
  - Many other little fixes
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:40 PM   #57
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings
 
musicbynumbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: brighton, uk
Posts: 12,753
Default

Nice! will check out when time/soon!
__________________
subproject FRs click here
note: don't search for my pseudonym on the web. The "musicbynumbers" you find is not me or the name I use for my own music.
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:50 PM   #58
hopi
Human being with feelings
 
hopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Right Hear
Posts: 15,104
Default

it seems to work OK

I do wish the tags took on the trak colors automatically

It can be a bit disconcerting seeing the child tracks without the folder...
I can imagine it be useful though... but it is a whole other mind set for me to get used to
__________________
...should be fixed for the next build... http://tinyurl.com/cr7o7yl
https://soundcloud.com/hopikiva/angel-rain
hopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:22 PM   #59
RobinGShore
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 371
Default

This is awesome! Thanks for making it and sharing it with everybody. The script crashes for me when I try to uncheck the option show only tagged tracks:

"...bin\Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\Various\spk77_Track Tags.lua:313: attempt to call a nil value (global 'show_all')"

It would be really nice if tags were specific to different projects and the tag list would refresh when switching between projects.
__________________
www.silversound.us
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:46 AM   #60
spk77
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,541
Default

Code:
ReaTeam Scripts/Various/Track Tags (based on Tracktion 6 track tags)
v0.2.5 by spk77 – March 07 2018
  - Removed "Show only tagged tracks" from main menu
  - Left click on empty area shows all tracks (=bypasses filtering)
  - Other little fixes
Left click on empty area bypasses filtering (thanks bFooz for the idea)
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:42 AM   #61
ChristopherT
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South
Posts: 573
Default

This is SO good !!
The best addition to Reaper I have ever seen.

Thank you for making my working life much easier
ChristopherT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:39 AM   #62
amagalma
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,509
Default

Excellent script! Thank you!

A couple of ideas:
It would be nice if we could arrange the order of the tags after they got created (by dragging them), or at least if we had the option to have them displayed in alphabetical order.
Another good thing would be the ability to change the font size of all the tags.
amagalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:02 PM   #63
spk77
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGShore View Post
This is awesome! Thanks for making it and sharing it with everybody. The script crashes for me when I try to uncheck the option show only tagged tracks:

"...bin\Scripts\ReaTeam Scripts\Various\spk77_Track Tags.lua:313: attempt to call a nil value (global 'show_all')"
Thanks! That is fixed (v0.2.5 by spk77 – March 07 2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGShore View Post
It would be really nice if tags were specific to different projects and the tag list would refresh when switching between projects.
This seems to be very difficult to implement...
I'll start a new thread for this (API) issue soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherT View Post
This is SO good !!
The best addition to Reaper I have ever seen.

Thank you for making my working life much easier
I'm glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post
Excellent script! Thank you!

A couple of ideas:
It would be nice if we could arrange the order of the tags after they got created (by dragging them), or at least if we had the option to have them displayed in alphabetical order.
Another good thing would be the ability to change the font size of all the tags.
Thanks! I'll add UI-related features later.
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:42 PM   #64
bucca
Human being with feelings
 
bucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post
Excellent script! Thank you!
yapp - pretty handy thx
__________________
who's gonna water my plants ... if not you
bucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #65
mpl
Human being with feelings
 
mpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk77 View Post
This seems to be very difficult to implement...
I'll start a new thread for this (API) issue soon.
I didn`t look closely into the code, but...
You can store all related data to ProjExtState (GUIDs+linked tags+other tags). The only thing you should care about is a trigger that force GUI update if project tab was switched. There is no such API (at least I don`t know), but you can check GetProjectStateChangeCount(), this count is usually different if you really work with multiple tabs simultaneously and periodically call EnumProjects to check for rpp source changes.
__________________
SoundCloud | MPL Scripts discussion | ReaPack | Donate

Last edited by mpl; 03-10-2018 at 10:46 AM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:39 AM   #66
daxliniere
Human being with feelings
 
daxliniere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,936
Default

So many clever developers in the REAPER community... <3
__________________
Dax Liniere
London's newest premium studio complex! (Facebook)
[i7-4790K, 12Gb RAM, Win8.1x64, NVidia GT710, UAD2-OCTO, FireFaceUFX, REAPER x64]
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #67
radekdolezi
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 48
Default

Thanks a lot for this great idea hidden behind this tag script – brilliant. But – i don't know if i'm doing anything wrong – all tags always dissapear after quiting Reaper – is there any cure? Thanks
radekdolezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:28 AM   #68
hopi
Human being with feelings
 
hopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Right Hear
Posts: 15,104
Default

there is a problem:

run the script and show only some of the possible tracks in a project...
for example have a tag for 1 track and another for 5 tracks and show them both...

Now use the Action Select All Tracks... I have mine set to the Key Control+A

It seems when this lua is running it blocks the Select All Tracks action...

This is a big problem when trying to use it along with other actions

I hope it can be fixed
__________________
...should be fixed for the next build... http://tinyurl.com/cr7o7yl
https://soundcloud.com/hopikiva/angel-rain
hopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #69
spk77
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
I made quick mod - storing XYWH state of script GUI:
https://github.com/MichaelPilyavskiy..._TrackTags.lua
Thanks, I'll include that and also all other missing values that should be stored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
You can store all related data to ProjExtState (GUIDs+linked tags+other tags). The only thing you should care about is a trigger that force GUI update if project tab was switched. There is no such API (at least I don`t know), but you can check GetProjectStateChangeCount(), this count is usually different if you really work with multiple tabs simultaneously and periodically call EnumProjects to check for rpp source changes.
I've made a version that should work with multiple tabs and when closing and starting projects...let's see if it works :




Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
So many clever developers in the REAPER community... <3
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by radekdolezi View Post
Thanks a lot for this great idea hidden behind this tag script – brilliant. But – i don't know if i'm doing anything wrong – all tags always dissapear after quiting Reaper – is there any cure? Thanks
Thanks, I'll upload a new version that should fix the problem.
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:56 AM   #70
spk77
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,541
Default

@hopi
There was a problem with some old versions...current version in ReaPack is 0.2.5:
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #71
Zargon the Destroyer
Human being with feelings
 
Zargon the Destroyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lincoln, UK
Posts: 781
Default

Absolutely love this!

Thanks so much!

Zargon the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 01:45 PM   #72
hopi
Human being with feelings
 
hopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Right Hear
Posts: 15,104
Default

thanks that version did help

I am in the midst of trying to get a coordination between your Tags, Sexan's Track Versions and the Heda Mixer...

it's a moving target ATM... hahaha
__________________
...should be fixed for the next build... http://tinyurl.com/cr7o7yl
https://soundcloud.com/hopikiva/angel-rain
hopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:43 AM   #73
benf
Human being with feelings
 
benf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Posts: 2,628
Default

Hi spk77,
When using Create new tags -> From folder parent tags, all the tracks that are outside folders disappear except if no folder tag is selected. In my opinion, those external tracks should appear whatever folder(s) is selected.
__________________
Listen and download my music on https://benest.bandcamp.com/
benf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:21 PM   #74
spk77
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,541
Default

New version available (this was very difficult to get working and it still might be broken)
Code:
ReaTeam Scripts/Various/Track Tags (based on Tracktion 6 track tags)
v0.2.6 by spk77 – March 11 2018
  - Load project specific script state when project changes (or when switching to another project tab)
Reminder - alpha version
  1. (computing, technology) An early version of a program or application, typically unstable, but useful to show what the product will do. Sometimes this stage is referred to as a preview version. Sometimes no more features are added after this release, but bug fixes continue. This release comes after a pre-alpha version and before a beta version. As opposed to a beta version an alpha version is usually not feature complete.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Zargon the Destroyer View Post
Absolutely love this!

Thanks so much!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
thanks that version did help

I am in the midst of trying to get a coordination between your Tags, Sexan's Track Versions and the Heda Mixer...

it's a moving target ATM... hahaha
Glad it works now

Quote:
Originally Posted by benf View Post
Hi spk77,
When using Create new tags -> From folder parent tags, all the tracks that are outside folders disappear except if no folder tag is selected. In my opinion, those external tracks should appear whatever folder(s) is selected.
Hi,
I think that could be a user option (selectable from the main menu, for example).
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:01 AM   #75
benf
Human being with feelings
 
benf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Posts: 2,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk77 View Post
I think that could be a user option (selectable from the main menu, for example).
Yes, of course ! Thanks for that great work !
__________________
Listen and download my music on https://benest.bandcamp.com/
benf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:10 PM   #76
Gianfini
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 634
Default

Hi, thanks for the great work. Currently not of a great use for me unfortunately...

I use to have many hidden tracks (due to print of outboard gear) and every time I select a tag and deselect it afteward, it shows all tracks, included the ones I hid manually

dunno but it should some how avoid touching the tracks that are manually hidden in MCP or TCP or both...

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:53 PM   #77
Luster
Human being with feelings
 
Luster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 562
Default

This script looks interesting. Hope it wasn't mentioned so far but right now there is now possibility to trigger stuff from the script via shortcuts?

A script (me2beats_Save / Restore selected tracks, slot x (persist)) I use for a similar effect lacks any GUI unfortunately but it's fast to interact with by just pressing the shortcuts.
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:40 PM   #78
ChristopherT
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South
Posts: 573
Default

When I save a session with my playlist/track tags in a window, after saving and quitting Reaper I get:

...PER/Scripts/ReaTeam Scripts/Various/spk77_Track Tags.lua:969: bad argument #1 to 'SetProjExtState' (ReaProject expected)

And it does not save the playlists.

Is the saving not working yet?
ChristopherT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:08 AM   #79
spk77
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
Hi, thanks for the great work. Currently not of a great use for me unfortunately...

I use to have many hidden tracks (due to print of outboard gear) and every time I select a tag and deselect it afteward, it shows all tracks, included the ones I hid manually

dunno but it should some how avoid touching the tracks that are manually hidden in MCP or TCP or both...

g
Hi,
Next version will have an option to hide tag-buttons. Hidden buttons will have "higher priority" than visible buttons. They can be used like this:
  • Add a tag to tracks -> Leave the created button unselected -> Hide the button. Now the tagged tracks are always hidden
  • Add a tag to tracks -> Select the created button -> Hide the button. Now the tagged tracks are always visible


Quote:
Originally Posted by Luster View Post
This script looks interesting. Hope it wasn't mentioned so far but right now there is now possibility to trigger stuff from the script via shortcuts?

A script (me2beats_Save / Restore selected tracks, slot x (persist)) I use for a similar effect lacks any GUI unfortunately but it's fast to interact with by just pressing the shortcuts.
There's gfx.getchar...
Code:
Lua: gfx.getchar([char])

If char is 0 or omitted, returns a character from the keyboard queue, or 0 if no character is available, or -1 if the graphics window is not open. If char is specified and nonzero, that character's status will be checked, and the function will return greater than 0 if it is pressed.

Common values are standard ASCII, such as 'a', 'A', '=' and '1', but for many keys multi-byte values are used, including 'home', 'up', 'down', 'left', 'rght', 'f1'.. 'f12', 'pgup', 'pgdn', 'ins', and 'del'. 

Modified and special keys can also be returned, including:

Ctrl/Cmd+A..Ctrl+Z as 1..26
Ctrl/Cmd+Alt+A..Z as 257..282
Alt+A..Z as 'A'+256..'Z'+256
27 for ESC
13 for Enter
' ' for space
... but there are shortcomings. (The script window has to be focused etc.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherT View Post
When I save a session with my playlist/track tags in a window, after saving and quitting Reaper I get:

...PER/Scripts/ReaTeam Scripts/Various/spk77_Track Tags.lua:969: bad argument #1 to 'SetProjExtState' (ReaProject expected)

And it does not save the playlists.

Is the saving not working yet?
Script state is saved every time when a button is pressed or when TCP is changed in some way. The state is saved to current project file (RPP) when the project is saved.

There's a big problem with reaper.SetProjExtState:
Project ID is not valid anymore when a project is closed and the script tries to store the state.


Code:
function exit()
  msg("exit")
  store_btns(script.project_id)
  GUI.dock, x, y, w, h = gfx.dock(-1,0,0,0,0)
  local size = reaper.SetProjExtState(script.project_id, "spk77 Track Tags", "GUI_dock_state", GUI.dock)
  gfx.quit()
  set_all_tracks_visible(1)
end
I can use reaper.ValidatePtr...
Code:
if reaper.ValidatePtr(script.project_id, "ReaProject*") then
  .
  .
...to check if "Project ID" is still valid (then the error message wouldn't be shown), but it will not fix the problem.
We cannot use reaper.SetProjExtState to store a script state when a project is closed (or closing).
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:59 PM   #80
hopi
Human being with feelings
 
hopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Right Hear
Posts: 15,104
Default

Ouch... that not saving seems like a nasty problem... do you think the DEV's can do something about that???
__________________
...should be fixed for the next build... http://tinyurl.com/cr7o7yl
https://soundcloud.com/hopikiva/angel-rain
hopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.