Old 05-04-2022, 11:28 AM   #1
sockmonkey72
Human being with feelings

Default v6.56+dev0504 - May 4 2022

v6.56+dev0504 - May 4 2022
  • * Includes feature branch: Rrreeeaaa timestretching mode
  • * Includes feature branch: improved render loudness charts
  • * Includes feature branch: render individual tracks via master track using render matrix
  • * Includes feature branch: fix potential partial undo points being added
  • * Includes feature branch: media item fixed lanes
  • * Includes feature branch: video decoding/encoding via Windows Media Foundation
  • * Includes feature branch: internal pin management overhaul for future extension
  • * Includes feature branch: display options for recent projects list
  • * Includes feature branch: media explorer user-defined tags
  • + FX oversampling: show combined oversample rate in chain view when both chain and instance oversampling are used
  • + Media items: fix take marker display with certain zoom settings [t=266231]
  • # Drag and drop: improve insert-track indications
  • # ReaSamplomatic5000: fix parsing note entry with negative octave number [p=2554416]
  • # ReaSamplomatic5000: fix playback after automatically adjusting start note when detected pitch is out of range [p=2554411]
  • # WMF: workaround deadlock bug with some media [p=2554437]
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
Old 05-04-2022, 01:18 PM   #2
PhelixK

Quote:
# Drag and drop: improve insert-track indications
I like this solution too, like a ribbon and including the bottom guide.

A minor thing,
when dragging and moving an item for the insert-track, I'd prefer the text indication doesn't change color between floating label and floating label (selected), but only uses one of the theme colors e.g. Floating media item label.

PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 03:09 PM   #3
Phazma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey72 View Post
[*]# Drag and drop: improve insert-track indications
I still think a simple thick line between the tracks where the new track is going to be created is the simplest and most elegant solution.

Also it would probably be easier (in terms of UI) to support the drag-insert feature at whatever may be the smallest (non-collapsed) track height of a given theme. In this video can be seen how the feature breaks in themes with small tracks: https://vimeo.com/706319373
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 07:28 PM   #4
MonkeyBars

Since you're working on razor edits, I thought I would drop this very serious razor area move bug I'm getting here. At first I thought it must be some conflicting settings here, but I'm not running any scripts or anything, and the items should never go outside the razor area like this, right?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...razor_tilt.gif

Moving the items & envelopes up & down works normally, but the slightest cursor move sideways makes the items shoot off and compress way to the left.

I can't replicate this bug on other projects, but I can say that this point in this project is 20 minutes in after many, many tempo changes (film score).

Actually, testing some razor moves around the project reveals that razor move gets completely confounded by tempo changes as noted in this BR. Just drag a razor area around tempo changes back and forth and the items will move around wildly.

But in this case, there are no tempo changes where the razor area is nor where it's moving, but nevertheless the move calculation is way off.
MonkeyBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 07:32 PM   #5
schwa
Administrator

Are you able to share a (hopefully somewhat minimal) project that demonstrates the problem? It's fine if it's just one track with no media attached.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:50 PM   #6
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Are you able to share a (hopefully somewhat minimal) project that demonstrates the problem? It's fine if it's just one track with no media attached.
Thanks so much for your quick response. I have DM'd you a stripped down project that definitely exhibits the bug for me.

Note: I needed to use razor edge edit on that same section to stretch expand it and behavior was as expected, works awesome!

Last edited by MonkeyBars; 05-05-2022 at 07:22 AM.
Old 05-05-2022, 12:29 AM   #7
srdmusic

Default May the Forth be with you!

Hope you all had a great Star Wars day!
srdmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 04:20 AM   #8
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
a stripped down project that definitely exhibits the bug for me.
Fixing for the next build. The bug only occurs in this scenario: project (or track) timebase is time, time signature changes in the project create partial measures, and the razor edit contains MIDI items.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 07:25 AM   #9
MonkeyBars

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Fixing for the next build. The bug only occurs in this scenario: project (or track) timebase is time, time signature changes in the project create partial measures, and the razor edit contains MIDI items.
Nice job tracking that down. Thank you so much!

Oh wow, yeah that partial measure is super annoying. I tried to remove it actually but it caused all sorts of weird issues.

Do you think it might be possible in the future to create a tempo map mode that disables creation of partial measures (i.e., auto-creating the nearest 16th (could be adjustabled by option) time signature along with tempo shift to match it (also adjustable by option))?
Old 05-05-2022, 12:47 PM   #10
BenjyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey72 View Post
  • # ReaSamplomatic5000: fix parsing note entry with negative octave number [p=2554416]
Working properly now. Thank you.
Quote:
  • # ReaSamplomatic5000: fix playback after automatically adjusting start note when detected pitch is out of range [p=2554411]
This one is sort of fixed When following the procedure described in that post, it works, but by taking a new approach it doesn't work (maybe this is not related but to me it looks similar):
Take any sample (except A4 and A5 because for some reason these are not pitch detected if inserted first into a new RS5k instance - I also mentioned this in the 6.56+dev0503 thread) and gradually increase its octave number in RS5k by 1 until the pitch is either A5 or above. When it reaches that pitch, it stops parsing the text box.
A few examples:
1. I take a sample that's pitched G#1.
2. I insert it into RS5k.
3. The pitch is detected.
4. I increase the octave number by one to G#2.
5. The text is parsed and the parameter is appropriately modified.
6. I increase the octave number to 3 = G#3 (it works) then to 4 = G#4 (it works) then to 5 = G#5 (it works).
7. When I increase it to 6 = G#6 (it's above A5), it doesn't parse the G#6:

The same thing happens if I take a sample whose pitch is B5 for example. If I insert it into the sampler, its pitch is detected correctly, but when I increase its octave by 1 (B6), the text is not parsed:

It's interesting however that if I immediately increase the octave number to 6, it parses correctly:

There's another one which involves first pitching a sample (via the textbox) quite high up to octave 7 or above (so that the Note start parameter starts increasing), then pitch it down (via textbox) to lower octaves so that the Pitch@start parameter starts decreasing but it can't decrease below a certain point: