Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 11-08-2017, 10:55 AM   #1
Megagoth1702
Human being with feelings

Default Trying out psytrance production, REAPER FTW!

Hey guys,

I would love your feedback on the sound of this track. Basically, I'm new to electronic music production and these are some of my first steps towards psytrance. Psytrance because I love raving to it.

I am nowhere finished with this track, not sure where to take it as well but it's good enough to show it to people to get feedback, which also is a good habit I guess, not being afraid of showing "our art".

https://soundcloud.com/andrej-tonsch...trance-thing-1

Kick is "Kick2", leads & basses = NI Massive. No presets used, all hand made. The only samples here are the snares & some metals from NI Damage.

I'm happy for any input. Thanks!

Last edited by Megagoth1702; 11-09-2017 at 01:43 AM.
Megagoth1702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:50 PM   #2
jeranx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megagoth1702 View Post
Hey guys,

I would love your feedback on the sound of this track. Basically, I'm new to electronic music production and these are some of my first steps towards psytrance. Psytrance because I love raving to it.

I am nowhere finished with this track, not sure where to take it as well but it's good enough to show it to people to get feedback, which also is a good habit I guess, not being afraid of showing "our art".

https://soundcloud.com/andrej-tonsch...-thing/s-AVYPF

Kick is "Kick2", leads & basses = NI Massive. No presets used, all hand made. The only samples here are the snares & some metals from NI Damage.

I'm happy for any input. Thanks!
Hi Andrej.

To be honest, this last piece or "ok, let's try.." are a bit to "dance" for my taste but looks very well product and with good and powerful sounds.
Listening to some of your other titles, I can say that I prefer by far your classical music(maybe it's some experimental).

As I like sounds first and not only composition, I'm trying like you to make music, any kind of it. Seems to be a good reason having Reaper.

Keep going. Bye

I've made this thread where people likes to come apparently :

Come visit

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=199185

Last edited by jeranx; 11-13-2017 at 10:13 AM.
jeranx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:05 PM   #3
grandmogul

Hi Andrej,

I'm not really into e-music but like to listen at times. And this track definitely belongs to those I would listen to more often.

My first thought was, that it could be interesting to modulate the HH a bit in the first quarter of the piece after a few bars, i. e. with some phasing effect. But at the second listening I thought "better leave it as it is" because there's already enough modulation going on shortly afterwards.

As I hear via rather small monitors, without subs, I can't really judge the low-end of the track. Maybe a little more would suit it well.

Greetz from Cologne!
grandmogul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:02 AM   #4
SiKo

Awesome. Well made!
Old 11-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #5
Ricciardo

Your track is runned by many rythmic elements by they dont sound like they were meant to play toghter, they are no exacly dissonant, but they are not harmonicaly interacting...

Psytrance is more than rythm, a good psytrance track will be psychedelic and will create a real sense of travelling, i dont know what have been influencing you...

but i am someone who have been produing psytrance for more than a decade now, i do not produce it in reaper, since i only strarted to really use reaper to production recently, but anyway, your mix isnt bad for a begginer, its minimaly balanced, yet i think your overcompressing the bass and kick too much...

the trick behind the psytrance bassline, is mostly archieved with a kick that is pumping the rythm and a bass that fairly compressed using a sidechain technique squashes against the bassdrum wavesignal, making it jump slightly creating that typical psytrance pumping...

all the rest, ideas for music, style orientation it depends alot in your taste and influences
Ricciardo is offline   Reply With Quote