Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 03-21-2018, 05:27 AM   #1
Dave Williams
Human being with feelings

Default Copy and Paste a Time Line Selection of All Tracks into New Project (with Settings)

I recorded the band the other night in one continuous recording. I have added FX and edited Track Names, etc. and now I want to select each song out of the original recording and paste into their own files (project?).

I was able to Time select the section (song) and then from the Edit Menu I selected "Copy items/tracks/envelope points within time selection if any"

I then created a new Project Tab and Pasted all the copied tracks. This copied all the tracks from just the time selection (which is what I wanted) but, none of the Track Names were copied over (Lead Vocal, Kick, Snare, etc.) and upon playback I immediately notice that all the volumes were too high indicating that other settings in the original were not copied.

How can I copy all aspects of a song including the FX, settings, track names, volume, etc. and paste into a new project or project tab so I can save each song separately?

Thanks,

Dave
Dave Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:48 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
I was able to Time select the section (song) and then from the Edit Menu I selected "Copy items/tracks/envelope points within time selection if any"
I guess it's probably easier to select the Tracks (instead of making a Time Selection) and copy those. And then do the editing in the new project (like using, for instance, the Action Time selection: Crop project to time selection).

This video might also be interesting: www.youtube.com/watch?v=F62plYtagvY

Last edited by solger; 03-21-2018 at 11:09 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:31 AM   #3
Dave Williams

Solger,

Thanks, that worked perfectly!

Dave Williams
Dave Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
solger

Quote: