Old 11-20-2006, 03:55 PM   #1
yep
Human being with feelings

Default Destructively apply edits?

I feel like this is a stupid question, but here goes:

I've got a midi clip recorded with a few empty measures, sort of a count-in. How do I get rid of that empty space at the beginning of the clip, so I can drag it out as connected loops?

In the MIDI editor, I can set the "end" time, but I can't seem to trim off the front of it. Is the best solution just to drag all the notes to the beginning of the item and then drag the end time back?

In the time view, I can obviously trim off the beginning or split and delete, but the empty space still "exists" and dragging out the clip to loop it don't work.

I feel like there must be some stupid easy way to do this that I just couldn't figure out...

Thanks in advance. Cheers.
yep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:00 PM   #2
LOSER

Marque select (either "right click + drag" or "alt + left click + drag") all midi events and drag them to the start. Or more easier select all event (either "right click -> select all events" or "Ctrl + A") and move them.
LOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:42 PM   #3
Art Evans
Mortal

I think Loser has answered a different question, with respect. What you are looking for is how to create a loop of only the part you want, not the part with extra stuff at the front. You do that by highlighting the item, then dragging a loop selection over the part that you want to loop (therefore omitting the count in), right click on the item, and choose "Copy loop of selected area of items". Now you can paste that where it is required and drag it out to the required length.
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:50 AM   #4
yep

Thanks to both for the input. Art answered my specific question about creating a midi loop sans count-in.

I still wonder if there's an easy way to simply destructively apply edits to an item, some kind of bounce or render command...

Cheers.
yep is offline   Reply With Quote