Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 11-29-2016, 10:40 AM   #1
frazanna
Human being with feelings

Default Autotune 8.1 VST3 on Windows 10 - Possible bug

Under Windows 10, using Reaper 5.28, saving a project with VST3 of Antares AutoTune 8 gives the following behaviour:
- if I load the project by double clicking on the project icon, the Antares settings are loaded correctly (including the grapical mode, with the manual corrections made);
- if I load the same project when I'm already in Reaper, the Autotune 8 plugin does not load the project settings (no corrections are saved and all settings are the default ones)

Therefore, if I load one project in Reaper by double clicking, I cannot open another project that has a VST3 plugin of Autotune8 loaded.

Temporary workaround: I change settings in Reaper to allow many instances of Reaper, so that all the Autotune based projects can be loaded by double clicking on the relevant project icon.

Is there another solution to this problem?
Thank you in advance for your help.
frazanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:11 PM   #2
frazanna

Default Auto-Tune 8 Multiple instances in multiple open projects (Reaper 4 and 5)

Here is an update on how to reproduce this bug in any Reaper Versione (4 or 5).

In Auto-Tune 8, VST3 version under Windows 10, using Reaper (any version from 4.* to 5.*) and opening multiple panes, the following happens:

- the first opened project is successfully opened and Autotune 8 maintains the settings done in the graphical mode.

- the second project opened has AT8 plugins all opened as "empty/default" settings, therefore, when I save this second project, all modifications in graphical mode are lost.

I you forget to open the projects this way, much of your work is lost in the second project (personal experience...).

The current Workaround in AT8 is:

Setting Reaper (in the Reaper settings) to open multiple projects by Re-opening Reaper each time (i.e you have one separate Reaper window for each project opened, which means that you loose the possibility to open multiple projects as multiple tabs in one single Reaper window).

I case more details are needed, I will be available (I can test under Windows 10, With Reaper 5, latest versions. I can also test this under Mac Sierra 10.12 with Reaper).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

Francesco
Old 11-22-2017, 06:38 AM   #3
ivansc

...and this is how I got invited onto the Antares beta program. They have a bunch of satuff "in the works" for several of their programs but nothing released to us recently.

Have you been on their forum/support area?
Old 11-23-2017, 05:07 AM   #4
frazanna

Yes, I got invited too in the Antares beta program.
I you are logged there, you can also find the relevant post searching for "Multiple instances".

In summary (no quote since their forum is private and subject to NDA):
it seems that it could depend on how Reaper handle multiple instances:
alternative 1): using a default instance and copying it for all the other instances of the project
alternative 2): for each Autotune instance, Reaper may be loading the instance by not "loading session data", loading "setting preset info".
Anyway, I cannot understand why this doesn't happen when opening a completely new Reaper window.

Should it be possible to have a Reaper version compiled with "verbose" option on, so to dump any information that Reaper is passing to the Autotune plugin (when loading preset, when loading instance, etc.)?

I will also try also to ask Antares for a "verbose" Autotune testing VST version (and relevant permission to post their VST dump in this forum), to help solve this problem.

Please let me know if some more could help.

Thank you