Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2023, 11:52 AM   #1281
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 1,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Dum Drums in AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Also..it is by far the best looking plugin Ive ever seen and the way it wobbles when you hit a drum. INCREDIBLE!

Thanks you so much man. These are beautiful instruments you are making

In fact I'm gonna do a whole EP with just your instruments ..and reasamplomatic
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danerius View Post
This sounds so amazing saike. Big, big, big, big thanks

Dont know if its just me not getting it but the only midi to audio that is making sounds is the kick. Ive tried reassigning and assigning the sounds to midi keys but nothing works?

Best regards /Bo
Is it possible you enabled multi-out by accident? Multi-out gives each sound their own channel (sending the kick to channel 1-2, snare to 3-4 ... etc).

Click the button "MUL" to enable/disable this mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
I wonder: what are the 4 small squares (macropixels?) under the pads?
Maybe a tooltip could be appropriate?
They are options for that particular drum sound. Just different synthesis algorithms for that particular drum sound. I'll add a little info for it.
__________________
[Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack] | [Routing Plugin: Thread|Reapack] | [More JSFX: Thread|Descriptions|Reapack]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 01:05 PM   #1282
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 3,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
Could you please link the jsfx (and maybe your presets in the Stash)?
One technique, typing in google: "euclidean rhythm jsfx"
would give the results.

Anyway:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=94325

Searching in stash for "Euklid" gives:
https://stash.reaper.fm/browse.php?q=Euklid&x=0&y=0
Direct link:
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/37847/vst-Euklid.ini
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 02:57 PM   #1283
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 3,965
Default

Midi mappings should not be part of presets, imo. Not sure what other users think? At least in my case I do not want to change the mappings that often, after finding one working set. Thus all the presets from other users (with a different mapping) should be later usable here as well.
While testing around, I saw mappings changed as well, maybe this is only due to alpha state, and was not intended functionality. Perfect otherwise, as always and used to from master saike! Multi-out is also perfect, thanks a lot for the turbo implementation.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 05:28 PM   #1284
juan_r
Human being with feelings
 
juan_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,032
Default

@TonE Thanks for doing my homework
Seriously, it's for future searchers

BTW On the mapping you're spot on, I think.
Mappings belong in some control section, independent from sound data.

@Saike Ah, I see.
The effect of algorithm choice is fairly variable from sound to sound.
Thanks for the info!
__________________
My ReaPack repository: https://github.com/juanriccio/Reaper...ster/index.xml
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 07:18 AM   #1285
danerius
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
<3
Is it possible you enabled multi-out by accident? Multi-out gives each sound their own channel (sending the kick to channel 1-2, snare to 3-4 ... etc).

Click the button "MUL" to enable/disable this mode.
Yep. That was it. Thanks saike
danerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 04:26 AM   #1286
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 1,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Midi mappings should not be part of presets, imo. Not sure what other users think? At least in my case I do not want to change the mappings that often, after finding one working set. Thus all the presets from other users (with a different mapping) should be later usable here as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
BTW On the mapping you're spot on, I think.
Mappings belong in some control section, independent from sound data.
I agree and I would have preferred it that way, but I see no sensible way of achieving that within the confines of JSFX.

Ideally, what I'd want is for the controller mapping to be part of the project. But as far as I know, JSFX does not really have access to ext state.

That leaves the option of storing it in a different file on the path (but that makes the mappings global, which imo is more undesirable than part of the preset).

What I could do is add a copy/paste thing to the mapping, so that at least it would make it easier to copy the mapping from one preset to another, and then you could just fairly easily make copies of a preset with a different mapping.
__________________
[Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack] | [Routing Plugin: Thread|Reapack] | [More JSFX: Thread|Descriptions|Reapack]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 11:54 AM   #1287
juan_r
Human being with feelings
 
juan_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,032
Default

Just a wild hypothesis, but there could be mapping-only presets (with some out-of-range placeholder for sound data) and sound-only presets (with some out-of-range placeholder for mapping data). But maybe this gets ugly.

On the other hand, your copy-paste workaround might be a sensible solution, not too hard to implement.

Of course, the only judge of that is... you, Saike!
__________________
My ReaPack repository: https://github.com/juanriccio/Reaper...ster/index.xml
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 12:56 PM   #1288
IXix
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: mcr:uk
Posts: 3,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Ideally, what I'd want is for the controller mapping to be part of the project. But as far as I know, JSFX does not really have access to ext state.
You can load data from a text file in the data resources folder, using a file slider. If you did that then the mapping would be stored in the project/preset but changing to another would be very easy.
IXix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 06:14 AM   #1289
Tapio
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 62
Default

Will you make your incredible Filther resizable at some point? It's pretty small on 2k or 4k. Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Of course. There are 3 solutions, I know, 2 jsfx, 1 vst from pure data.
Thanks, very helpful, using https://patchstorage.com/euklid/ with big pleasure now.

Last edited by Tapio; 08-07-2023 at 06:29 AM.
Tapio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 11:29 AM   #1290
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 1,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXix View Post
You can load data from a text file in the data resources folder, using a file slider. If you did that then the mapping would be stored in the project/preset but changing to another would be very easy.
On the one hand I like that idea. But on the other, one would have to remember to copy that file when migrating to a different system. I quite like having the preset be self contained. But perhaps there is a good middle ground to be found. Maybe a combination of both. Store it in the preset in its entirety, but allow a few layouts to be saved in a separate file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapio View Post
Will you make your incredible Filther resizable at some point? It's pretty small on 2k or 4k. Thx
Are you on 3.14? To me it looks workable on 4K? You can also add 20% extra size by double clicking the fan on the top left. I just made a few minor adjustments to make some of the font rendering look a bit better on higher dpi screens in 3.15. This is what it is supposed to look like with the extra 20%: https://i.imgur.com/WgYcO0I.png

If you want it to rescale continuously, uncomment the line (in 3.15):

Code:
// retina_scaling = min(gfx_w/1135, gfx_h/785);
__________________
[Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack] | [Routing Plugin: Thread|Reapack] | [More JSFX: Thread|Descriptions|Reapack]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 10:56 PM   #1291
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 3,965
Default

Regarding preset saving mechanism I have two ideas.

1. UX gets another additional button "GM", when pressed input will be mapped to GM (General Midi) mapping. Thus this mapping can be used as 'standard mapping' among all users, in case you do not like the original mapping, included in the preset.

2. Using a second jsfx which is auto-preloaded to DD-Drums, similarly as done for hackey trackey for the midi input stuff. Maybe a similar strategy could be useful here. All the preset saving/loading job would be delegated to this 'worker jsfx'.

Apart from these suggestions, I also like keeping a little chaos in the music making process, leading to potential happy accidents, when using others mappings with their sounds, together with your programmed note patterns. I had already such nice accidents. And in case you want to switch to your mapping, it is not difficult to click quickly your main notes. The UX is done very well, and quick! Most elegant I could see so far, very direct. No 'visual' noise.

Dear saike, keep up your great work, hope above ideas are maybe interesting to some degree. GM button could be extended over time to alternative 'standard' mappings, via a right click menu... My preferred mapping would be probably anyway GM mapping, as most compatible with rest of midi drums world.

Last edited by TonE; 08-07-2023 at 11:02 PM.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 05:43 AM   #1292
Tapio
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
You can also add 20% extra size by double clicking the fan on the top left. I just made a few minor adjustments to make some of the font rendering look a bit better on higher dpi screens in 3.15. This is what it is supposed to look like with the extra 20%: https://i.imgur.com/WgYcO0I.png
Hi, thx, what is the fan on the top left? Yes, 3.15 and said line was already uncommented. The UI does not scale with Reapers window btw., see screenshot. https://imgur.com/aioMCMA I was wrong it's not 2k, but 1440p here.
EDIT: I found the top left click area. It's invisible for me, maybe visible in a totally dark room. Thx, this +20% extra is OK for me.
Tapio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 12:22 PM   #1293
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings
 
EpicSounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,428
Default

Gave DD-101 a try on my last stream and just published that section as a separate video

https://youtu.be/jZVZ1FAtot4

I had a lot of fun with it.

Curious what you plan to change or add to take this out of Alpha state
__________________
REAPER Video Tutorials, Tips & Tricks and more at The REAPER Blog
EpicSounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 07:24 AM   #1294
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 1,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
Gave DD-101 a try on my last stream and just published that section as a separate video

https://youtu.be/jZVZ1FAtot4

I had a lot of fun with it.

Curious what you plan to change or add to take this out of Alpha state
Hey man! Thanks for the kind words and the awesome video!

Not sure yet. Any specific thing you were thinking of?

One thing I added recently (after watching your video actually) is the ability to set the parameters for the open and closed hihat independently (and not have them voice steal from eachother). The little tab on the bottom left of the open hihat controls enabled/disables linking.

I might add a few more kit options (maybe to round them all out to 4), but I need to find a solid chunk of time to do it. That doesn't necessarily block alpha though. And maybe a few more customization controls.
__________________
[Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack] | [Routing Plugin: Thread|Reapack] | [More JSFX: Thread|Descriptions|Reapack]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 01:46 PM   #1295
Wayne Kerr
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Posts: 5
Default

Hey Saike, I seem to have some problems with Partials. I've used it for some time now but suddenly it crashes Reaper when inserting a new instance on a track, giving a Runtime Error message. Projects with the plugin already in them are actually working fine. The problem only happens when loading a new instance, 100% of the time. I tried reinstalling it but the problem still persists. Any ideas what might cause this issue? I'm running the newest versions of both Reaper and ReaPack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reaper runtime error.jpg (38.8 KB, 32 views)
Wayne Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 02:05 PM   #1296
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 1,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Kerr View Post
Hey Saike, I seem to have some problems with Partials. I've used it for some time now but suddenly it crashes Reaper when inserting a new instance on a track, giving a Runtime Error message. Projects with the plugin already in them are actually working fine. The problem only happens when loading a new instance, 100% of the time. I tried reinstalling it but the problem still persists. Any ideas what might cause this issue? I'm running the newest versions of both Reaper and ReaPack.
Hey, sorry this is happening to you. Partials shouldn't be able to cause a runtime error since REAPER's JSFX interpreter should be handling all the risky type of operations.

That said, maybe we can narrow down what might be happening.

By latest version, do you mean the latest stable REAPER versions, right? That is 6.83 and not a dev version.

If so, is it possible to cook it down to an example that only uses JSFX instances (removing all other plugins from a copy of the project)? This is to exclude the possibility that another plugin might be causing the issue and to attempt getting me a reproducible example to test with.
__________________
[Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack] | [Routing Plugin: Thread|Reapack] | [More JSFX: Thread|Descriptions|Reapack]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 02:23 PM   #1297
Wayne Kerr
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Posts: 5
Default

Yeah, this is a weird one, since the projects with other plugins and Partials open up normally (even with other 3rd party vst, clap, etc. plugins).

Yes, I'm running the stable 6.83

The specific conditions of the crash are:
1. I open up a new project
2. load up Partials (loads normally)
3. insert a midi item
4. try opening the item in editor
5. crash

Opening a midi item in order to edit it, crashes reaper but ONLY when Partials is loaded up on that track. That's why I'm writing to you specifically, since I have never had a problem with other plugins and the conditions are oddly specific. Other plugins that you made also work with no problems, it's a Partials specific thing....

I've just tested a use case, that didn't crash. I inserted a midi item, loaded SEQS, AND THEN Partials, which results in everything working fine.

It just makes no sense ??

EDIT:
Just did another test, opening up a new instance of Partials on an empty track immediately crashes Reaper (regardless of the track having a midi item or not), but putting a random plugin in front of Partials before loading Partials results in everything working fine.

Last edited by Wayne Kerr; 10-14-2023 at 02:30 PM. Reason: new tests
Wayne Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 03:10 PM   #1298
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 1,416
Default

I first tried to reproduce it on the latest REAPER for a while, but wasn't able to.

So I asked around a bit and from what I gathered REAPER doesn't use C++ exceptions (the image you posted suggests that the crash is a C++ exception).

But that leaves as only option that there must still be another plugin that crashes.

Is there anything else that you may have running as a plugin by default for a new project that you know of? It would have to be a binary plugin (like a VST or extension rather than a JSFX or lua script).
__________________
[Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack] | [Routing Plugin: Thread|Reapack] | [More JSFX: Thread|Descriptions|Reapack]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 08:17 AM   #1299
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 1,416
Default

Added two small new features to Yutani. The first is the option to change the envelope shape a bit. The second is a stack of saturating allpass filters with feedback at the end of the chain to smear the sound a bit.

Two short demos here:
https://github.com/JoepVanlier/Audio...ed_yutani2.mp3 (briefly dry, then enabling the allpass stack, automating envelope shape a bit as well)
https://github.com/JoepVanlier/Audio...filthy_yut.mp3 (only with)
__________________
[Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack] | [Routing Plugin: Thread|Reapack] | [More JSFX: Thread|Descriptions|Reapack]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 03:39 PM   #1300
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 1,416
Default

Small additions to Yutani:

- Text entry for some of the knobs (note only numeric values, not measures). Note that some of the non-labelled settings are in % (morph for instance).
- Allow increasing the range of the bonus oscillators to enable making chordey sounds.



Allows you to quickly make pads like these:

https://github.com/JoepVanlier/Audio.../thick_yut.mp3

Also working on a new preset pack to show off some of the new sonic options.
__________________
[Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack] | [Routing Plugin: Thread|Reapack] | [More JSFX: Thread|Descriptions|Reapack]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 01:37 AM   #1301
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 3,965
Default

Dear saike, thanks for the updates, The chordey examples sound great. Like it is now a new synth, not only for leads and basslines. Together with DD-101 we have all sound types, drums, bass, melody, now even chords. Cool, thanks a lot friend. Time to update and test!
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 09:01 AM   #1302
Wayne Kerr
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
I first tried to reproduce it on the latest REAPER for a while, but wasn't able to.

So I asked around a bit and from what I gathered REAPER doesn't use C++ exceptions (the image you posted suggests that the crash is a C++ exception).

But that leaves as only option that there must still be another plugin that crashes.

Is there anything else that you may have running as a plugin by default for a new project that you know of? It would have to be a binary plugin (like a VST or extension rather than a JSFX or lua script).
Thanks for taking your time, so far I haven't found the culprit yet. I'll try digging around and see if I can fix it. I'm trying to avoid a fresh Reaper install but maybe I'll try that when I have the time.
Wayne Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 02:58 PM   #1303
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 1,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Kerr View Post
Thanks for taking your time, so far I haven't found the culprit yet. I'll try digging around and see if I can fix it. I'm trying to avoid a fresh Reaper install but maybe I'll try that when I have the time.
Yeah, sorry I couldn't be of more help. It can be a pain to find the culprit with these things.
__________________
[Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack] | [Routing Plugin: Thread|Reapack] | [More JSFX: Thread|Descriptions|Reapack]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 09:18 AM   #1304
glitched
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 16
Default

RE: SEQS
I get a large DC offset when using "record sample" with "play sample." When I deactivate "play sample," the offset goes away. Including a DC offset filter after SEQS solves the problem.

Here's a link to the presets .ini: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lson8...8hedby18w&dl=0

The preset in question is "error."

EDIT:
The offset is actually rather small, but with extreme compression settings (later in the FX chain), it can get crazy. So, yeah, actually not a big deal, but let me know if you are seeing the same thing.

Reaper 7.02.
glitched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 11:17 PM   #1305
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 3,965
Default

Dear saike, all sequencers containing probability (arp and SEQS, maybe DD-101 as well) could add "trigger conditions" as well (as known from some Elektron hardware devices). See (free) ChanceMachine vst here: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=11
Github c++ source code for ChanceMachine is available in above link.

Probabilty + trigger conditions together are quite useful, powerful and leading to interesting variations even within short 1 bar patterns.

Summary of suggestions:
- arp + probabilty + trigger conditions
- seqs + probability + trigger conditions
- dd-101 + probability + trigger conditions

- jsfx ChanceMachine, if not too difficult as well
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 05:17 PM   #1306
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 1,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitched View Post
RE: SEQS
I get a large DC offset when using "record sample" with "play sample." When I deactivate "play sample," the offset goes away. Including a DC offset filter after SEQS solves the problem.

Here's a link to the presets .ini: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lson8...8hedby18w&dl=0

The preset in question is "error."

EDIT:
The offset is actually rather small, but with extreme compression settings (later in the FX chain), it can get crazy. So, yeah, actually not a big deal, but let me know if you are seeing the same thing.

Reaper 7.02.
Thanks for the report! I'll look into it next time I get the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Dear saike, all sequencers containing probability (arp and SEQS, maybe DD-101 as well) could add "trigger conditions" as well (as known from some Elektron hardware devices). See (free) ChanceMachine vst here: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=11
Github c++ source code for ChanceMachine is available in above link.
I'll think about it. It seems like something that might make sense in the context of arp and seqs, but I'd have to find a way to unobtrusively build it in.

Updates
For those of you that are sick of the default oscillator shapes in Yutani, I added some basic wavetable functionality.


You basically set the oscillator to WT, then drag in a sample. By default, it expects wavetables to be samples where each oscillation is 2048 samples long and it loads the first 8 frames.


If your sample is not of a format of 2048 samples per cycle, it is recommended to enable the pitch button. This will attempt to detect the pitch of the sample and load it correctly.

You can link the wavetable position to MIDI velocity, mod wheel and/or the "free LFO" (bottom left).

I also added a few extra presets that demonstrate the new features (the allpass stack, the semitone polyphony options, the wavetables and shape parameters).

Here are some audio examples of me just randomly dinking around with it:

A few lighter patches:
https://github.com/JoepVanlier/Audio.../something.mp3

Cheesy old synth-inspired things:
https://github.com/JoepVanlier/Audio...ool_yutani.mp3

Some more aggressive stuff:
https://github.com/JoepVanlier/Audio...t_wt_test3.mp3

Do note that this is all still in beta. Good luck.
__________________
[Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack] | [Routing Plugin: Thread|Reapack] | [More JSFX: Thread|Descriptions|Reapack]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 02:38 AM   #1307
Cosmic
Human being with feelings
 
Cosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Online
Posts: 4,891
Default

Holy mackeral!! Nice one man!
__________________
it aint worth a bop,if it dont got that pop
Cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 04:23 AM   #1308
juan_r
Human being with feelings
 
juan_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,032
Default

Sai'ke is the man.
__________________
My ReaPack repository: https://github.com/juanriccio/Reaper...ster/index.xml
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 05:20 AM   #1309
Vagelis
Human being with feelings
 
Vagelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Larisa, Greece
Posts: 3,655
Default

Yutani is such a beast, Lately I've been using it with the new FX container feedback, and injected Yutani as a source. I really like the noise types, I made some kick ass physical modelling sounds. Thanks Saike!

It would be nice to know, what inharmonicity does? Combined with the above it was such a killer combo! I was thinking to try replicating it in my hardware synth if I knew what's behind

Also thanks for the wavetable OSC, it's great
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 07:04 AM   #1310
todd_r
Human being with feelings
 
todd_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
For those of you that are sick of the default oscillator shapes in Yutani, I added some basic wavetable functionality.
Amazing!! Thanks Sai'ke!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post
've been using it with the new FX container feedback, and injected Yutani as a source. I really like the noise types, I made some kick ass physical modelling sounds..
Intriguing! Feel free to share lol
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 07:54 AM   #1311
Vagelis
Human being with feelings
 
Vagelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Larisa, Greece
Posts: 3,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
Intriguing! Feel free to share lol
Of course Saved an example project with a simple loop and Yutani in the container. The delay after Yutani feeds back to it self, then the feedback goes through eq (you can shape it with LP/HP filters). At the end there's a limiter and a channel mapper downmixer to adjust the feedback amount (channel 3-4)

https://mega.nz/file/QV4FXIDZ#XkUzal...6QfKRLI1i2fMzs

And there was a discussion about container feedback with some examples here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=283409
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 10:11 AM   #1312
glitched
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Thanks for the report! I'll look into it next time I get the chance.
Great!
Also found this one a while back:

SEQS glitches up (in a bad way) when probability is introduced to a "record sample" lane.

Having multiple "play sample" triggers when one of the recording trigs is as above causes Reaper to mute the track.

Simple test:
1) Place a trigger anywhere on "record sample" lane. (Enable the lane, obviously.)
2) Change the probability to anything but 100%
UI of the Record Sample lane changes to all filled blocks. This is not expected.
3) Now, enable the Play Sample lane and put some trigs there using the "randomize" function. At best, the audio coming through will merely clip, but...
4) On the sample play lane, change the probability of a trig to anything but 100%. Reaper should auto-mute.

I discovered these bugs as I was using the "randomize" function on the sample lanes, then messing around with probability of the active steps.

Love your plugins. Best regards.
glitched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 02:23 PM   #1313
todd_r
Human being with feelings
 
todd_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post
Of course Saved an example project with a simple loop and Yutani in the container. The delay after Yutani feeds back to it self, then the feedback goes through eq (you can shape it with LP/HP filters). At the end there's a limiter and a channel mapper downmixer to adjust the feedback amount (channel 3-4)

https://mega.nz/file/QV4FXIDZ#XkUzal...6QfKRLI1i2fMzs

And there was a discussion about container feedback with some examples here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=283409
Ah brilliant thanks! I'll have a look through, I missed the whole feedback with containers thing
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 07:02 PM   #1314
juan_r
Human being with feelings
 
juan_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,032
Default

Maybe Yutani and Dum Drums could be tagged as instruments? And Partials too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by souk21 View Post
I think you might have missed this
From v6.74:
Quote:
JSFX: if 'tags: instrument' is present in header, treat as an instrument
EDIT - Synced ReaPack and found your instruments tagged. Maybe it's just a nitpick, but it does feel good. Thanks, @Saike!
__________________
My ReaPack repository: https://github.com/juanriccio/Reaper...ster/index.xml

Last edited by juan_r; 11-03-2023 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Thank you
juan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 03:59 PM   #1315
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 1,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitched View Post
RE: SEQS
I get a large DC offset when using "record sample" with "play sample." When I deactivate "play sample," the offset goes away. Including a DC offset filter after SEQS solves the problem.

Here's a link to the presets .ini: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lson8...8hedby18w&dl=0

The preset in question is "error."

EDIT:
The offset is actually rather small, but with extreme compression settings (later in the FX chain), it can get crazy. So, yeah, actually not a big deal, but let me know if you are seeing the same thing.

Reaper 7.02.
Fixed in v0.125! Thank you for the report. Was a matter of not setting the fadeout all the way to zero when playback was stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Holy mackeral!! Nice one man!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post
It would be nice to know, what inharmonicity does?
Inharmonicity applies a frequency shifter while playing the synth note at a compensated pitch to make sure the fundamental still ends up on the old location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitched View Post
Great!
Also found this one a while back:

SEQS glitches up (in a bad way) when probability is introduced to a "record sample" lane.

Having multiple "play sample" triggers when one of the recording trigs is as above causes Reaper to mute the track.

Simple test:
1) Place a trigger anywhere on "record sample" lane. (Enable the lane, obviously.)
2) Change the probability to anything but 100%
UI of the Record Sample lane changes to all filled blocks. This is not expected.
3) Now, enable the Play Sample lane and put some trigs there using the "randomize" function. At best, the audio coming through will merely clip, but...
4) On the sample play lane, change the probability of a trig to anything but 100%. Reaper should auto-mute.

I discovered these bugs as I was using the "randomize" function on the sample lanes, then messing around with probability of the active steps.

Love your plugins. Best regards.
Hah, that was a fun one. Fixed in v0.124 and newer, thank you for the report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan_r View Post
Maybe Yutani and Dum Drums could be tagged as instruments? And Partials too?

EDIT - Synced ReaPack and found your instruments tagged. Maybe it's just a nitpick, but it does feel good. Thanks, @Saike!
Ghehe, yeah, I did it. When the backlog is still big I usually hold off posting until I have some more things

I had actually seen that thread you referenced before and intended to do it, but then forgot about it again, so thanks for the reminder!
__________________
[Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack] | [Routing Plugin: Thread|Reapack] | [More JSFX: Thread|Descriptions|Reapack]
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 06:32 AM   #1316
sai'ke
Human being with feelings
 
sai'ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NL
Posts: 1,416
Default

Added a few more very filthy filters to Yutani and FM Filter 2. These guys like being overdriven hard. Here you can hear me really leaning into the overdrive and messing with some FM / LFOs:
https://github.com/JoepVanlier/Audio...utani/wild.mp3

Here is without ravager:
https://github.com/JoepVanlier/Audio...no_ravager.mp3

With less resonance, they can also result in a very glue-like saturation effect. First is a linear filter, then I enable the new filter (the two pole variant):
https://github.com/JoepVanlier/Audio...x_material.mp3
__________________
[Tracker Plugin: Thread|Github|Reapack] | [Routing Plugin: Thread|Reapack] | [More JSFX: Thread|Descriptions|Reapack]

Last edited by sai'ke; 11-04-2023 at 08:25 AM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 08:52 AM   #1317
glitched
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Fixed in v0.125! Thank you for the report. Was a matter of not setting the fadeout all the way to zero when playback was stopped.
...
Hah, that was a fun one. Fixed in v0.124 and newer, thank you for the report.
I appreciate these bug fixes. Now I can go wild with randomize without having to worry about SEQ crashing.

Great plugin, even at this stage.
glitched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 01:10 PM   #1318
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 3,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitched View Post
Great plugin, even at this stage.
saike's betas are others finals of the finals.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 02:20 PM   #1319
Ears
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 90
Default

I was wondering what your next plugin would be.. Dum Drums is awesome, UI/sound. I love to feed it through FM filter 2 and Amaranth and get weird. One of these days I'll figure out how to bridge my weird creations together and make a track out of them..

Yutani update is awesome too. How challenging would it be to add microtonal support? I've been connecting a few of my synths to Oddsounds MTS-ESP Mini, and wondered if it would be possible with Yutani. Unless I missed it and Yutani can already load alternate tuning files?

Maybe useful to you, maybe not:
https://oddsound.com/usingmtsesp.php
https://oddsound.com/devs.php

Thanks for making my days more fun Sai'ke.

Last edited by Ears; 11-05-2023 at 02:39 PM.
Ears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 02:21 PM   #1320
Ears
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
Added a few more very filthy filters to Yutani and FM Filter 2. These guys like being overdriven hard. Here you can hear me really leaning into the overdrive and messing with some FM / LFOs:
https://github.com/JoepVanlier/Audio...utani/wild.mp3
This is very cool.
Ears is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.