Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 09-19-2021, 12:05 PM   #41
Rednroll
Human being with feelings

Rest assured if my questions seem too basic for you it does not mean I haven't been making significant progress in other areas and it doesn't mean I haven't made significant efforts to figure it out on my own by looking further into the documentation. It just means I haven't yet needed to make an adjustment in that area and when I did, I had troubles identifying where to find those specific details and the word "width" for a pan adjuster just didn't happen to be more obvious. Now that is more clear it also cleared up some of past confusion but overall my modified theme is moving along nicely where I have a pretty firm understanding of the code in the rtconfig.txt file and how it's layed out. There are likely more comment lines than actual code lines in my current rtconfig file at this point where most anyone would be able to edit it.

When someone has a question I lean more along the side that there is no such thing as a dumb question and if someone has that question someone else will likely have it as well for your Google search scenario. Honestly, I don't even like posting any questions in this forum because I'm finding the responses tend to immediately go down the path of "read the manual", "Read the SDK" , "read the theme guide", "read the image guide" with an automatic assumption the person hasn't done that prior to asking. So when I personally see you respond to someone with more details about how to adjust the colors of the VU meters which doesn't get less basic while I'm asking about details of a specific Walter code to use then I can't help but notice the differences in your responses.

Here you go, let's see the response.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=257644

Is it going to be the read the 3 stickies before asking a question responses I witnessed or the read the SDK and full theming guide and don't start by adjusting an already existing theme responses I've been receiving? Go ahead and tell them they should start by creating a theme from the ground up after reading the theming guide and criticizing them for not reading the 3 stickies a d not fully understanding them which is obvious from the question posted.

Now I've got a clearer picture as to the reason more people don't even bother responding to questions when the gate keeper is monitoring every little detail to ensure the accuracy of those responses for future Google search concerns. Keep up the great work
Makes sense for the reasons I'm seeing more posts and community responses on Reddit about Reaper theming as to I am here. Must be time I go create a Reddit account just in case I have a future question and would prefer to avoid judgement from the forum gate keeper for asking too basic of a question in regards to a specific Walter code command.

Last edited by Rednroll; 09-19-2021 at 02:01 PM.
Rednroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 01:27 AM   #42
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

I do not have a vendetta against you; I do not know you, I'm just trying to help. I am not gate keeping, I'm just trying to non-aggressively communicate that I 100% know what I'm talking about, I wrote the book on this stuff, it seems weird for me to need to say that. I'm just trying to help, and sometimes its like the 'teach a man to fish' analogy. Please take a moment, be calm, don't start posting a long and angry reply, at least until you have first read and understood this:

--------------------

You started this thread to ask about pan sliders in the MCP, rather than the knobs of the theme you are modifying. But you're looking at it from the wrong end; all Reaper themes at their heart have pan sliders ...every theme before V4, and every theme since unless the theme maker has specifically set them to be knobs. Sliders are the state of Reaper's underlying fallback theme, which is always there behind every theme.

--------------------

I can briefly tell you this, but the way to truly understand this and so many other things too, is to start with a blank theme, with Reaper naked, just for an hour or two. How much time have you poured into arguing with me about this, or furiously concocting theories about my malevolent intent? I'm just trying to help in the most helpful way I can. I've seen a lot of people try to learn this stuff both ways, and I've seen which way leads to understanding. You could have tried it by now. You still can. Go on. Really. Try it. What do you have to lose?
Old 02-20-2022, 08:00 AM   #43
Rednroll

Default Master MCP Show in Mixer vs Show in Docker Resize Differences

<Deleted By User>

Last edited by Rednroll; 02-28-2022 at 02:46 AM.
Old 02-20-2022, 05:06 PM   #44
Rednroll

<Deleted By User>

Old 02-21-2022, 04:51 AM   #45
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

From the WALTER SDK

Code:
master.mcp.size:

First two coordinates: baseline size
    Second two coordinates: minimum size
Old 02-26-2022, 10:30 AM   #46
Rednroll

<Deleted By User>

Old 02-26-2022, 12:01 PM   #47
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

The solution I gave you is correct.
Old 02-26-2022, 12:10 PM   #48
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednroll View Post
Here's my current settings.
Code:
set master.mcp.size [171 534 0 0]
And according to that, what is your minimum size?
Old 02-26-2022, 06:50 PM   #49
Rednroll

<Deleted By User>

Old 02-27-2022, 02:00 AM   #50
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Is there a similar command which is able to set the mcp master min height?
Your question, asked and answered.

Quote:
I'm not here to play your games. Either you want to help or play quiz games to test me to see if I fully understand the code. I'm not playing your quiz games, I can live with the differences, it's not that big of a deal. It's always a pleasure dealing with your guidance. You must be a real joy around others in real life. You obviously have an attitude and communications problem. I don't even know why I even bother posting questions in this forum, since the only one who ever responds to them is you and they always come with kid game responses. I have more important things to work on, then attempting to figure out the reasons there would be resize differences depending on which dock view the master mixer is docked under where obviously you must have decided to ignore that aspect since the sh*t is f'd up and shouldn't behave differently if the master is dock under different tab views. If you want to act like you're so smart, then explain the reasons they would resize differently being docked under different tab views. I'll be waiting for that response. In the mean-time, have a good day.
I wrote Walter of the theme you are modding, amongst other things. Anyhoo, if you don't want my help, I'm delighted to oblige. Good luck!

Last edited by White Tie; 02-28-2022 at 09:26 AM.
White Tie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 05:41 AM   #51
Rednroll

<Deleted By User>

Old 02-27-2022, 05:59 AM   #52
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Thank you! Best thing I've read coming from you. Give others who know how to actually assist an opportunity to respond since the same problem exists within the default Reaper themes you wrote where there are resizing differences between if the master is docked in the mixer or the Master mixer. I'm just the guy trying to find a fix to the crap you overlooked Anyhoo.
Again, this is the question I answered:

Quote:
Is there a similar command which is able to set the mcp master min height?
I'm happy to not help you if you wish, but please understand I may correct you if you say wrong things, since you may misinform others. That other thing you are talking about (docker heights) isn't a theme thing, so its not a theme problem. So its nothing to do with me or the default theme, or any other theme. Its also not a bug.

Last edited by White Tie; 02-28-2022 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-27-2022, 06:06 AM   #53
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

FYI I can see you editing your posts after I have answered them, that's not as clever as you appear to think it is.

Old 02-27-2022, 06:50 AM   #54
Rednroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
FYI I can see you editing your posts after I have answered them, that's not as clever as you appear to think it is.

You're reading way too much into my post edits. I often make quick edits to reword things better. It's not some conspiracy theory, you're trying to make up.
Old 02-27-2022, 06:56 AM   #55
Rednroll

<Deleted By User>

Last edited by Rednroll; 02-28-2022 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-27-2022, 07:06 AM   #56
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
So you're saying Reaper was intentionally designed to show different behaviors for the same master.mcp height adjustability depending on which tab view it is docked under?

Well that's pretty f'd up. I would have liked to understand the reasoning behind that decision making but I'll digress. That ACTUALLY answers my original question, in that it can't be fixed within ANY theme adjustments.
No, that's not what I'm saying. You've not understood this. Your first step in understanding this would be to accept that you've not understood it.

Last edited by White Tie; 02-28-2022 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-27-2022, 10:34 AM   #57
rncwalker

Quote:
So you're saying Reaper was intentionally designed to show different behaviors for the same master.mcp height adjustability depending on which tab view it is docked under?

Well that's pretty f'd up. I would have liked to understand the reasoning behind that decision making but I'll digress. That ACTUALLY answers my original question, in that it can't be fixed within ANY theme adjustments.
I've been following this thread, First You do not even let us know what Theme you are using, No matter what theme I use, I do not get the problem you are pointing out!

If WT and anyone else cannot reproduce the problem you are pointing out, then something is wrong with your setup!

Also, why would you even need to put the Master mixer so small in height and why would you even care if it does what you say.

I do not think anyone would even put it so low. No one else has even commented on this problem that you are having, so I would think that no one else is having this problem.

It might be that the theme you are using is done badly!

Robert
rncwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 10:40 AM   #58
Rednroll

<Deleted By User>

Old 02-27-2022, 11:04 AM   #59
rncwalker

Quote:
Code:
set master.mcp.size [171 534 0 0]

I also understand I attempted to load 8 different themes from others including the Default Reaper themes and observed the exact same problem of a height reduction stop point being present and inconsistencies between mixer and master mixer height adjustment reductions. If I would have observed a theme which provided a solution, I would have dug into the rtconfig.txt code of that theme to understand how it was solved.

I also understand I looked at the possibility the ext-mixer section being part of the problem I was attempting to solve. Where I made several ext-mixer section adjustments which included setting its size to ZERO and switching it to AUTO mode instead of MANUAL. Nothing changed in regards to being able to further minimize the height of the master mcp when docked under the mixer master tab.

I have other ideas I'm going to try to solve this problem which doesn't involve wasting time listening to the worthless noise you provide in this forum.

Again every theme I try does not have any problems.

also every theme I checked the rtconfig.txt code has this for the master size.

From themes I checked:

ProTools 12.5_F_edit_V5-mawi mod
set master.mcp.size [80 974]

REABORN_blue
set master.mcp.size [105 256]

WT_Imperial
set master.mcp.size [118 874]

LCS_BugFix_ ALBERT-C ( SOLARIS-PRO )
set master.mcp.size [88 848]

Maybe your problem is ([171 534 0 0]) the zero zero, look at what others are doing.

Robert
Old 02-27-2022, 11:15 AM   #60
rncwalker

Also, the ext-mixer has nothing to do with the problem that you are describing.

You need to ether Build a theme from scratch as WT states, or if you modified an existing theme, you need to make sure it's done correctly or you will have problems.

I myself had taken the Imperial theme, and slowly changed it to what I want. it's going on 4yrs now and does not even look like Imperial anymore.

But you need to do this very slowly, to learn and understand what you are changing. With that said, if you go to another theme, in all likely hood you would not understand it at all (Everyone has their own way of building a theme). That's why I picked one theme and I plan on sticking with it.

Robert
Old 02-27-2022, 12:13 PM   #61
rncwalker

Quote:
There is a pre WALTER command of "mcp_min_height" which sets the min adjustable height of the MCPs under the mixer section tab, where this command has no impact of what is viewed under the Master Mixer tab even though the same master.mcp can be docked under both views.
the "mcp_min_height" is set at the Beginning of your "rtconfig.txt" file.

As shown below:

Version 5
use_pngs 1
tcp_showborders 0
mcp_showborders 0
tcp_vupeakwidth 2
mcp_vupeakheight 2
mcp_mastervupeakheight 2
mcp_altmeterpos 0
use_overlays 1
transport_showborders 0
tcp_vol_zeroline 85000000
tcp_pan_zeroline 67000000
mcp_vol_zeroline 00000000
mcp_pan_zeroline 00000000
trans_speed_zeroline 66666601
mcp_min_height 850 <----------------------
mcp_voltext_flags 12 6
tcp_voltext_flags 8
vertfont_topdown 1
tcp_folderindent 18
tcp_heights 4 22 72 72

Why would you want to set the minimum to "0"?

Robert
Old 02-27-2022, 12:51 PM   #62
Rednroll

<Deleted By User>

Old 02-27-2022, 01:05 PM   #63
Rednroll

<Deleted By User>

Last edited by Rednroll; 02-28-2022 at 02:48 AM.
Old 02-27-2022, 01:22 PM   #64
Rednroll

<Deleted By User>

Old 02-27-2022, 01:30 PM   #65
Rednroll

<Deleted By User>

Old 02-27-2022, 02:39 PM   #66
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Stop talking about me if you don't, you say, want to hear from me. Creepy.

I've told you how to invoke the toosmall_b height (I suggest you spend less time making angry posts and experiment more with master.mcp.size), and I've told you that the rest of it isn't theme related. If all themes do something, its not theme related. That's not just common sense, I have also already told you that. And again, its not a bug. Because words have meanings and that's not the meaning of the word bug.

What are you hoping to achieve here exactly?
Old 02-27-2022, 02:54 PM   #67
Rednroll

<Deleted By User>

Old 02-27-2022, 02:56 PM   #68
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Its not a bug because it isn't a bug.
Old 02-27-2022, 03:00 PM   #69
Rednroll

<Deleted By User>

Old 02-27-2022, 03:01 PM   #70
rncwalker

I gather that you only have 1 screen.

Actually, you are better off using screensets to accomplish what you want.

Make one Screenset with your Tracks and then another for your Mixer.

Robert
Old 02-27-2022, 03:07 PM   #71
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Older themes don't use the second two coordinates of .size declarations because they pre-date the addition of that functionality to walter. Your point being?
Old 02-27-2022, 03:10 PM   #72
rncwalker

Why would you want a Master Mixer on it's own tab in a docker?

If it does not do what you want, then do not use it!

Again I would say ScreenSets is what you want.

If you cannot accept that, then move on to something else!

Robert
Old 02-27-2022, 03:11 PM   #73
rncwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
Older themes don't use the second two coordinates of .size declarations because they pre-date the addition of that functionality to walter. Your point being?
Thanks for pointing that out!

Robert
Old 02-27-2022, 03:15 PM   #74
Rednroll

<Deleted By User>

Last edited by Rednroll; 02-28-2022 at 02:49 AM.
Old 02-27-2022, 03:23 PM   #75
Rednroll

<Deleted By User>

Last edited by Rednroll; 02-28-2022 at 02:49 AM.
Old 02-27-2022, 03:32 PM   #76
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

I acknowledge that you don't understand this. What is it you want from me?
Old 02-27-2022, 03:35 PM   #77
rncwalker

Quote:
Hmmmm?? Maybe you should ask the Reaper DEVs that question since they're the ones who implemented the feature.
They may have implemented the ability to place the Master mixer on a docker, does not mean that it should collapse to zero!

Realize, it just does not do it! move on.

Robert
Old 02-27-2022, 03:55 PM   #78
rncwalker

Look at you problem this way:

You've got a car and put some after market brakes on it. the after market company states that their brakes will stop a car 40 feet shorter than factory brakes do.

Every thing works as advertised, but when you try to stop on an iced surface, they fail miserably, why?

Well you need to figure out the answer to that and how it applies to your problem!

Robert
Old 03-07-2022, 10:47 PM   #79
Rednroll

Default master.mcp and the ?track_selected

Quote:
Originally Posted by permeke View Post
did you manage to get this into "your" theme ?
Yes. Currently adding it to my master fader as well, but ran into a slight problem on master fader. Starting to wonder if that may be the reason Odys didn't put that option on his master fader layout options.

Here's what I currently have in mine. I used rLive's idea and enhanced it a bit for my theme in regards to resize the height of the mixer faders.

Old 03-08-2022, 02:48 AM   #80
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Starting to wonder if that may be the reason Odys didn't put that option on his master fader layout options.
That looks like its a reskin of the default 4 theme. The scalar variable 'track_selected' wasn't added until the development cycle of Reaper v6, many many years later.