Old 07-03-2018, 05:40 AM   #1
Tiggerdyret
Human being with feelings

Default The best midi fader for my needs?

I've been looking for a midi control surface to help with my automation work and I have a few questions. I've been looking at both the Faderport and Icon M+ or x+, since I don't have much space for anything bigger.
I'll mostly be using one fader at a time for automation, but I have considered a bigger controller mostly for controlling fx parameters by having mapped out the different faders to fx paramters on synths, comps or EQs to get a more tactile feel.

1. Can I use these to automate anything, like the Midi wheel, FX parameters or sends using either Realearn or FaderportXT?

2. Will the motor respond to something like a synth cutoff and show the actual value on the physical fader?

3. Can I have the controller mapped to different plugins, so that I can select an instance of Omnisphere and control it like a physical synthesizer and then click on another track/instance of Omnisphere and switch the controls over to the one on the fly? Can Realearn do this?

Last edited by Tiggerdyret; 07-03-2018 at 05:45 AM.
Tiggerdyret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:28 AM   #2
mschnell

A versatile Reaper extension for handling surfaces and user defined workflows is being worked on -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 07-03-2018 at 02:35 PM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:38 AM   #3
Tiggerdyret

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
A versatile Reaper extension for handling surfaces and user defined workflows is been worked on -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143

-Michael
Looks interesting. I still take suggestions on what controller to actually get. Also, how far out is this? I can see the thread is from 2016 has anything been released yet?
Tiggerdyret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:37 PM   #4
mschnell

I am "alpha" testing it with the X-Touch in "native" aka non MCU mode.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote