Old 11-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
Chris_P_Critter
Human being with feelings
 
Chris_P_Critter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,574
Default The Freeze Tag Assasins - Disgusted

Presenting the latest tune from The Freeze Tag Assassins.

Disgusted: http://www.box.net/shared/hnrm9mdp8c

Vocals / Synth's / Drums / Rythm Guitars written and performed by: PattonFreak1
All Solo's written and performed by: Shemp
Bass written and performed by: Chris_P_Critter
Produced by: The FTA
Engineered by: The FTA
Mixed / Mastered / Dynamics destroyed by: Chris_P_Critter

We hope you enjoy this, and as always...

May your ears bleed well.

Any and all comments are welcome and encouraged.

Thanks,
The FTA
__________________
The Freeze Tag Assassins

Last edited by Chris_P_Critter; 11-25-2009 at 05:24 AM.
Chris_P_Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
pattonfreak1
Human being with feelings
 
pattonfreak1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Posts: 3,239
Default

Lyrics, yo!:


Quote:
The table is set and so is the stage
The witty banter between us starts to age

This isn't going as well as I'd hoped for

I thought it was me but now I think it's all you

I change the subject as fast as I can
This story was over before it began

This isn't going as well as I'd hoped for

Like fingernails on a blackboard (bitch)

Multiplied...
By dozens
By hundreds
By thousands
By millions
Over before it began

You won't let me get a word in edgewise
I'm sure it seems like I am all ears
You can believe you hold my attention
But this conversation has bored me to tears

Your logic is faulty. It's falling apart at the seams

How can you look at yourself in the mirror
Every morning when you awake?
You can take anything that's for granted
But it's your integrity that's at stake
Addiction
Peppered with fiction
It's psychosomatic
This conversation is boring me to tears

(awesome solo)

You won't let me get a word in edgewise
I'm sure it seems like I am all ears
You can believe you hold my attention
But this conversation has bored me to tears

Your revolution's over
It fell apart on the scene

(even more awesome solo)



I just wanna say that I absolutely love the bassline on this song and that Scott's guitar work is extraordinary on this piece.
\m/
__________________
www.gigawatt.stereokiller.com
pattonfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
shemp
Human being with feelings
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattonfreak1 View Post
I just wanna say that I absolutely love the bassline on this song and that Scott's guitar work is extraordinary on this piece.
\m/
as are the vox..... but enough ass kissing

Sorry for the delay fellas, It had to pass our rigorous quality control processes. Hope you approve, if not, please tell us!
shemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
matic
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 164
Default

http://www.box.net/shared/hnrm9mdp8c

You have an extra line break which err, breaks the URL... this link works.

Listening now
matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:24 AM   #5
Chris_P_Critter
Human being with feelings
 
Chris_P_Critter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matic View Post
http://www.box.net/shared/hnrm9mdp8c

You have an extra line break which err, breaks the URL... this link works.

Listening now
Oops! - OP is fixed - Thanks Matic!!
__________________
The Freeze Tag Assassins
Chris_P_Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:12 AM   #6
kindafishy
Human being with feelings
 
kindafishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,779
Default

I'll post more thoughts later once I take a few more listens.

Until then, I just have to say HOLY SHEEP SHIT!
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:37 AM   #7
Chris_P_Critter
Human being with feelings
 
Chris_P_Critter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
I'll post more thoughts later once I take a few more listens.

Until then, I just have to say HOLY SHEEP SHIT!
HAHA! I was waiting to see how long it would take you to reply!

Nice man - thanks for the listen!!
__________________
The Freeze Tag Assassins
Chris_P_Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:17 AM   #8
jinko17
Human being with feelings
 
jinko17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Weimerica
Posts: 1,169
Default

FUUUUUUUCK!!! WHY DO I HAVE TO BE AT WORK WHEN I COME ACROSS THIS! FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
Mark me down as one of those people with tons of pieces to be worked on at a later date.
jinko17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
kindafishy
Human being with feelings
 
kindafishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_P_Critter View Post
HAHA! I was waiting to see how long it would take you to reply!

Nice man - thanks for the listen!!
Dude, thanks for the song!! Been waiting for this one.

Textures. It's all about the textures. I think this is the best tune so far for so many reasons. Lots of depth.

The intro section had some great unexpected surprises for me. The vocal delivery is clear, even and confident, the harmonies are BEAUTIFUL too. I liked your vocals before PF, but I like them even more now (bitch). That was awesome.

Shemp, to say that your solos are tasteful is an understatement. Wow, the composition of your lead work is incredibly well done and superbly performed. I keep rewinding to the start of these over and over. Great. Seriously awesome.

The biggest thing that I noticed about this track though, is that Chris_P, you really seem to have taken this mix to the next level. Holy shit, mang. The drums sound awesome! The mix is perfectly balanced and artistic. All instruments are well placed and levels are spot on. I was going to say this sounds pro, but that isn't giving it enough credit... man this is pro!

Great job guys. Awesome. Okay, enough of that. Where's the next track already?
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
Chris_P_Critter
Human being with feelings
 
Chris_P_Critter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
Dude, thanks for the song!! Been waiting for this one.

Textures. It's all about the textures. I think this is the best tune so far for so many reasons. Lots of depth.

The intro section had some great unexpected surprises for me. The vocal delivery is clear, even and confident, the harmonies are BEAUTIFUL too. I liked your vocals before PF, but I like them even more now (bitch). That was awesome.

Shemp, to say that your solos are tasteful is an understatement. Wow, the composition of your lead work is incredibly well done and superbly performed. I keep rewinding to the start of these over and over. Great. Seriously awesome.

The biggest thing that I noticed about this track though, is that Chris_P, you really seem to have taken this mix to the next level. Holy shit, mang. The drums sound awesome! The mix is perfectly balanced and artistic. All instruments are well placed and levels are spot on. I was going to say this sounds pro, but that isn't giving it enough credit... man this is pro!

Great job guys. Awesome. Okay, enough of that. Where's the next track already?
Man... you totally just made my day! Thanks for the kind words man!

I approached the drums on this one a lot differently than the other two - I am running 2 instances of EZDrummer and pumping the same MIDI to both (One with the full DFH kit, and another instance with the bass and snare off the Rock kit, with the OH's and Room mic all the way up, and slightly compressed and EQ'd). It made a huge difference for the bass and snare I think. And based on your comments from DOAS, I was trying to get a bigger drum sound, and think it worked pretty well!

The guitars were awesome to begin with - PattonFreak1 and Shemp had some really good quality tones, but I wanted to thicken up the lower mid-range a little, so I took their existing tracks and fed them through a cab impulse with EQ to bring out the chunkiness of the guitars.

Bass is my Ibanez played through PODFarm, but with a Guitar amp instead of a Bass amp - then pumped thorugh a cab impulse.

And, I gotta say, that synth intro with HG Fortunes new Arracis synth is fucking awesome - that synth is badass in so many ways!
__________________
The Freeze Tag Assassins
Chris_P_Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #11
DerMetzgermeister
Human being with feelings
 
DerMetzgermeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,400
Default

Awesome.
Even more than the last one.

And, holy crap! Clean voice!
I thought PF had a hard clipper/distortion unit directly implanted in his throat.
Great singing, Steve. Scott's solos are magnificent. Great taste. And Chris, the production is flawless.

It's ok if I post a link to this in another forum? I want to spread the word.

Post one thousand.
DerMetzgermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:08 AM   #12
pattonfreak1
Human being with feelings
 
pattonfreak1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Posts: 3,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMetzgermeister View Post
Awesome.
Even more than the last one.
We're really starting to get a system down eh? Thanks Igor!
Quote:
And, holy crap! Clean voice!
I thought PF had a hard clipper/distortion unit directly implanted in his throat.
You can do that? Oh I gotta get one...
Quote:
Great singing, Steve. Scott's solos are magnificent. Great taste. And Chris, the production is flawless.
Thanks so much
Quote:
It's ok if I post a link to this in another forum? I want to spread the word.
Absolutely
Quote:
Post one thousand.
A monumentous occasion!
Well now that you're a member of the thousand post club I'll just let you know now that, membership fees are $75 and due at the first of every months.
Make checks payable to "cash".
__________________
www.gigawatt.stereokiller.com
pattonfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #13
Chris_P_Critter
Human being with feelings
 
Chris_P_Critter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMetzgermeister View Post
Awesome.
Even more than the last one.

And, holy crap! Clean voice!
I thought PF had a hard clipper/distortion unit directly implanted in his throat.
Great singing, Steve. Scott's solos are magnificent. Great taste. And Chris, the production is flawless.

It's ok if I post a link to this in another forum? I want to spread the word.

Post one thousand.
Thanks dude!!!!!!

Which forum - I will go check it out!
__________________
The Freeze Tag Assassins
Chris_P_Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #14
jinko17
Human being with feelings
 
jinko17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Weimerica
Posts: 1,169
Default

this is freakin killing me. gotta get the fuck home so i can hear this
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
Mark me down as one of those people with tons of pieces to be worked on at a later date.
jinko17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #15
Chris_P_Critter
Human being with feelings
 
Chris_P_Critter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinko17 View Post
this is freakin killing me. gotta get the fuck home so i can hear this
Sorry dude.

What time do you get home usually? Because the file will self destruct in an hour, and all traces of the song will vanish from existence. Which kinda sucks, because it's that good.

Aaha!

Sorry - couldn't resist! Maybe I shoudl post these tunes on the Reaper stash page. Scott has luck with that usually at his job. Try going there - and anyone else that has issues listening at work - try the Reaper Stash - if it works, then I will just move it there!
__________________
The Freeze Tag Assassins
Chris_P_Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:10 PM   #16
pattonfreak1
Human being with feelings
 
pattonfreak1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Posts: 3,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinko17 View Post
this is freakin killing me. gotta get the fuck home so i can hear this
Would a stashbox link work for you jinko?
If so Chris could PM you with one.
__________________
www.gigawatt.stereokiller.com
pattonfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #17
DerMetzgermeister
Human being with feelings
 
DerMetzgermeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattonfreak1 View Post
Well now that you're a member of the thousand post club I'll just let you know now that, membership fees are $75 and due at the first of every months.
Make checks payable to "cash".
And I get access to the Warez/Weird & Scary Japanese Porn hidden sub-forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_P_Critter View Post
Which forum - I will go check it out!
I posted at the Line 6 lounge and Hispasonic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinko17 View Post
this is freakin killing me. gotta get the fuck home so i can hear this
Dude! Wait until you hear the samba + bagpipes section! Oh, and the harmonica solo is unbelievable!
DerMetzgermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #18
Chris_P_Critter
Human being with feelings
 
Chris_P_Critter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattonfreak1 View Post
Would a stashbox link work for you jinko?
If so Chris could PM you with one.
Actually - can't get into Stashbox here. But I can get into the Reaper Stash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMetzgermeister View Post
And I get access to the Warez/Weird & Scary Japanese Porn hidden sub-forum?
As well as the forum that contains the demo version of Reaper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMetzgermeister View Post
I posted at the Line 6 lounge and Hispasonic.
Ahhhh - Cooo! I will go to L6 later! Do you have a link to the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMetzgermeister View Post
Dude! Wait until you hear the samba + bagpipes section! Oh, and the harmonica solo is unbelievable!
Don't forget the Kazoo djent riffz.
__________________
The Freeze Tag Assassins
Chris_P_Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #19
DerMetzgermeister
Human being with feelings
 
DerMetzgermeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_P_Critter View Post
Ahhhh - Cooo! I will go to L6 later! Do you have a link to the thread?
To make sure I'm not badmouthing you?

http://line6.com/community/thread/23385?tstart=0

But I don't expect much. Every time I check is all threads by noobs asking painfully obvious questions or ex-Line 6ers touting their Axe-Fx or Tube amps...
DerMetzgermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #20
Chris_P_Critter
Human being with feelings
 
Chris_P_Critter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMetzgermeister View Post
To make sure I'm not badmouthing you?

http://line6.com/community/thread/23385?tstart=0

But I don't expect much. Every time I check is all threads by noobs asking painfully obvious questions or ex-Line 6ers touting their Axe-Fx or Tube amps...
HAH! Thanks man!
__________________
The Freeze Tag Assassins
Chris_P_Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #21
shemp
Human being with feelings
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMetzgermeister View Post
Oh, and the harmonica solo is unbelievable!
LOL. I do play harmonica actually



And thanks guys for the kind words!
shemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #22
pattonfreak1
Human being with feelings
 
pattonfreak1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Posts: 3,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
LOL. I do play harmonica actually
And by that he means he shoves it in his VAGINA
__________________
www.gigawatt.stereokiller.com
pattonfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #23
camerondye
Human being with feelings
 
camerondye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 1,267
Default

Great playing and sound as always guys...nice job all around.
cam
camerondye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #24
jinko17
Human being with feelings
 
jinko17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Weimerica
Posts: 1,169
Default

DAMNNN IIT FUCKINFG SHHHIT WOOOOOOHHHH THAT WAS NASTY!@!!1!@!!!!

Now for my focused opinion:

This was totally worth the wait. The anticipation for 70% of my work day seems like a really small price paid after hearing this track. I can't even begin to decide what I love most about it. The engineering sounds like something I'd never be able to afford. The riffage is perfectly brutal and melodic, to my taste 150%. Clean vocals without whining and sticking with the vibe of the rest of the song. It seems like every time you guys release a song it becomes my new favorite. I'll now play this song out by listening to it 90 times per day like I do to it's younger siblings.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
Mark me down as one of those people with tons of pieces to be worked on at a later date.
jinko17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #25
DerMetzgermeister
Human being with feelings
 
DerMetzgermeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
LOL. I do play harmonica actually
Did I say harmonica? I meant Didgeridoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
And thanks guys for the kind words!
Thank you for the awesome music.
DerMetzgermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #26
carbon
Human being with feelings
 
carbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eesti
Posts: 2,376
Default

Wow, didn't expect the clean vocals!
Nice work!
__________________
KasparTORN
carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:49 PM   #27
Chris_P_Critter
Human being with feelings
 
Chris_P_Critter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinko17 View Post
DAMNNN IIT FUCKINFG SHHHIT WOOOOOOHHHH THAT WAS NASTY!@!!1!@!!!!

Now for my focused opinion:

This was totally worth the wait. The anticipation for 70% of my work day seems like a really small price paid after hearing this track. I can't even begin to decide what I love most about it. The engineering sounds like something I'd never be able to afford. The riffage is perfectly brutal and melodic, to my taste 150%. Clean vocals without whining and sticking with the vibe of the rest of the song. It seems like every time you guys release a song it becomes my new favorite. I'll now play this song out by listening to it 90 times per day like I do to it's younger siblings.
Thanks dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
The Freeze Tag Assassins
Chris_P_Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #28
brownte
Human being with feelings
 
brownte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bellaire, OH (Not California)
Posts: 182
Default

What impresses me the most about you guys is that you do all of this without meeting face to face. Very impressive.

Oh and tune kicks too!
__________________
Tim Brown

Two-bit hack guitarist and songwriter

http://www.reverbnation.com/timbrownmusic

http://www.soundclick.com/everydayhero
brownte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:35 PM   #29
shemp
Human being with feelings
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownte View Post
What impresses me the most about you guys is that you do all of this without meeting face to face. Very impressive.

Oh and tune kicks too!
yeah, lots of emails.... lots and lots.

Thanks!
shemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:48 AM   #30
Chris_P_Critter
Human being with feelings
 
Chris_P_Critter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownte View Post
What impresses me the most about you guys is that you do all of this without meeting face to face. Very impressive.

Oh and tune kicks too!
Tim - thank you man!!

As Scott says.. emails - a lot of them!
__________________
The Freeze Tag Assassins
Chris_P_Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:32 AM   #31
kindafishy
Human being with feelings
 
kindafishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_P_Critter View Post
I approached the drums on this one a lot differently than the other two - I am running 2 instances of EZDrummer and pumping the same MIDI to both (One with the full DFH kit, and another instance with the bass and snare off the Rock kit, with the OH's and Room mic all the way up, and slightly compressed and EQ'd). It made a huge difference for the bass and snare I think. And based on your comments from DOAS, I was trying to get a bigger drum sound, and think it worked pretty well!
Dude, it worked more than well! They are a massive improvement and I think you finally found the right feel/sound/tonality that suits FTA. The stock DFH just wasn't cutting it. This is how my mind was wanting the drums to sound on the first two tracks. I think you nailed it here.
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:19 AM   #32
kindafishy
Human being with feelings
 
kindafishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,779
Default

Shemp,

Another compliment my man. You really shred with style. I LOVE the solo at the end of this song. LOVE. So many other guys just widdly widdly as fast as they can and it has (for me) very little soul behind it. I hear so much substance behind your playing.

It sounds to me like you spent a lot of time feeling and developing the emotion and feeling behind pentatonic/blues scales and then branched out into more technical shred type scales. Is this anywhere close to being accurate? It's the sense I get anyway...

Regardless, you're a wicked great player with tonnes of style man. Just wanted to give some praise where I think it is due.
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #33
spikemullings
Human being with feelings
 
spikemullings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: East London
Posts: 1,697
Default

Wow, just fucking wow!

Could go on about the fabulous distorted bass sound and Chris nailing the drum sound and Scott's brilliantly nihilistic middle solo (the end solo is also off the scale) and PFs whole-choir-condensed-in-to-one-man thing and all that . . .

But in the end I think it is how all those things together contribute to the raw drama of the track that impresses me most. It is becoming a Reaper-Forum cliche to wonder how the hell you boys are wrangling such coherent, sophisticated, brutality over the web.
__________________
Cloth-Eared Hobbyist
http://www.reverbnation.com/spikemullings
spikemullings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #34
shemp
Human being with feelings
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
Shemp,

Another compliment my man. You really shred with style. I LOVE the solo at the end of this song. LOVE. So many other guys just widdly widdly as fast as they can and it has (for me) very little soul behind it. I hear so much substance behind your playing.

It sounds to me like you spent a lot of time feeling and developing the emotion and feeling behind pentatonic/blues scales and then branched out into more technical shred type scales. Is this anywhere close to being accurate? It's the sense I get anyway...

Regardless, you're a wicked great player with tonnes of style man. Just wanted to give some praise where I think it is due.
Well thanks again man. Yeah, I'd say my base style is blues, as when I jam at home, on the couch, with no amp etc... It's almost always blues. And I've been in a few local blues bands (lots of blues in Dallas) BUT I love and listen to lots of styles, mostly brutal metal

When I first heard that riff the second solo is over, I told PF we HAVE to use it. I just couldn't get it out of my head so that's a perfect canvas to stem ideas for me
shemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #35
shemp
Human being with feelings
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikemullings View Post
It is becoming a Reaper-Forum cliche to wonder how the hell you boys are wrangling such coherent, sophisticated, brutality over the web.
Thanks big time Spike. And like I said... lots of emails! One day we may actually speak to each other... hmmm... lol
shemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #36
DerMetzgermeister
Human being with feelings
 
DerMetzgermeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Thanks big time Spike. And like I said... lots of emails! One day we may actually speak to each other... hmmm... lol
And if that kills the magic? Don't mess with that!
DerMetzgermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:14 AM   #37
jinko17
Human being with feelings
 
jinko17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Weimerica
Posts: 1,169
Default

my grandpa hates ur other songs but says he likes this one. just figured I'd let ya know. fwiw
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
Mark me down as one of those people with tons of pieces to be worked on at a later date.
jinko17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 08:37 AM   #38
pattonfreak1
Human being with feelings
 
pattonfreak1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Posts: 3,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinko17 View Post
my grandpa hates ur other songs but says he likes this one. just figured I'd let ya know. fwiw
Well then I think we know what we should name our next song...
__________________
www.gigawatt.stereokiller.com
pattonfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:42 PM   #39
Chris_P_Critter
Human being with feelings
 
Chris_P_Critter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikemullings View Post
Wow, just fucking wow!

Could go on about the fabulous distorted bass sound and Chris nailing the drum sound and Scott's brilliantly nihilistic middle solo (the end solo is also off the scale) and PFs whole-choir-condensed-in-to-one-man thing and all that . . .

But in the end I think it is how all those things together contribute to the raw drama of the track that impresses me most. It is becoming a Reaper-Forum cliche to wonder how the hell you boys are wrangling such coherent, sophisticated, brutality over the web.
That's awesome Spike!! Thanks man!
__________________
The Freeze Tag Assassins
Chris_P_Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:55 AM   #40
GermanFafian
Human being with feelings
 
GermanFafian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Köln, Germany
Posts: 402
Default

Guys!
You have to set up a fan mail system or something. I always find these tracks days later than the rest
Cool and different from the other tracks ten thumbs up!
__________________
Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero
GermanFafian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.