Old 02-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
ieso
Human being with feelings
 
ieso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 483
Default Let's Join Forces on Reverb Nation

Hit me up, guys

http://www.reverbnation.com/infiniteego
ieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Doughboy
Human being with feelings
 
Doughboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gaylord Michigan
Posts: 1,695
Default

Hey Cooool....I'm in! http://www.reverbnation.com/gloydpillsbury#
__________________
---------------
Doughboy
http://www.reverbnation.com/GregPillsbury
Doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #3
ieso
Human being with feelings
 
ieso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
That's a good photo. Just 'fanned' you.

going to spin your tracks now....

thanks
ie
ieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
Doughboy
Human being with feelings
 
Doughboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gaylord Michigan
Posts: 1,695
Default

Thanks...I just fanned you.....I listend to quite a few of your tracks......DAMN good...very original.....I tried to post a small comment....but....I don't know what the frog was going on...but....it seemed to overwhelm my computer or the site or something...soooo, after about 10 minutes of it trying....I just xed out of the page.

Very cool place though....thanks for sharing the idea.
__________________
---------------
Doughboy
http://www.reverbnation.com/GregPillsbury
Doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
ieso
Human being with feelings
 
ieso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
Thanks...I just fanned you.....I listend to quite a few of your tracks......DAMN good...very original.....I tried to post a small comment....but....I don't know what the frog was going on...but....it seemed to overwhelm my computer or the site or something...soooo, after about 10 minutes of it trying....I just xed out of the page.

Very cool place though....thanks for sharing the idea.
Cool, don't sweat the messages. Say, if I had a vote, I'd put "All but Over Now" as your first track. My fav of all your tracks. And so so timely today. It's a hit in my book.

You'd never guess from my music but I do listen to a lot of folk, country, swing, western, and hillbilly music. In fact, I'm probably a better country picker than anything else and never recorded any.
ieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #6
Doughboy
Human being with feelings
 
Doughboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gaylord Michigan
Posts: 1,695
Default

Hey thanks.....it's good to have a big range of music styles you can enjoy...entead of being locked down in one style. After I listened to a few of yours and was enjoying them....then I hit the one.....(I can't remember the names...but perhaps it mentioned a Marshmellow????)....but a steel string acoutic sounding somewhat classical even. That made me a do a double take. Nice.
__________________
---------------
Doughboy
http://www.reverbnation.com/GregPillsbury
Doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #7
shemp
Human being with feelings
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,157
Default

I'm game
shemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #8
ieso
Human being with feelings
 
ieso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
Hey thanks.....it's good to have a big range of music styles you can enjoy...entead of being locked down in one style. After I listened to a few of yours and was enjoying them....then I hit the one.....(I can't remember the names...but perhaps it mentioned a Marshmellow????)....but a steel string acoutic sounding somewhat classical even. That made me a do a double take. Nice.
Thanks for the listen. The song you are referring to, if I remember correctly, was done on a travel-size steel string flat-top with a 'third bridge' -- that's where you take some object (in this case I used an old-style floating bridge off another acoustic guitar) and place it on the fretboard thereby creating two different playing sides to the guitar: the frets (you can only typically use the first two or three frets because the action is sky high) and then playing the open strings behind the third bridge. The trick is getting a tuning that 'works' (it will be microtonal) on both sides of the bridge. You can use a Sharpie, a steel bar, maybe even a drumstick, etc., to function as the third bridge. A lot of fun.
ieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #9
Doughboy
Human being with feelings
 
Doughboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gaylord Michigan
Posts: 1,695
Default

give us a link Shemp...once you get it set up so we can "fan" you....then....if you don't mind....you can "fan" us back...that way...we don't look like turd heads with no fans.

http://www.reverbnation.com/gloydpillsbury
__________________
---------------
Doughboy
http://www.reverbnation.com/GregPillsbury
Doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #10
Doughboy
Human being with feelings
 
Doughboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gaylord Michigan
Posts: 1,695
Default

Ya know......I thought it sounded unique. I thought maybe it was one of those....steel dobro looking guitars or something. Interesting....!!
__________________
---------------
Doughboy
http://www.reverbnation.com/GregPillsbury
Doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #11
shemp
Human being with feelings
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
give us a link Shemp...once you get it set up so we can "fan" you....then....if you don't mind....you can "fan" us back...that way...we don't look like turd heads with no fans.

http://www.reverbnation.com/gloydpillsbury
links already up, in my sig
shemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:01 AM   #12
ButaneProphet
Human being with feelings
 
ButaneProphet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 49
Default

Good stuff IESO I like your production. I've had a page on reverbnation for a while, they seem to have made some positive changes since my last visit (no pop up player, yay) I can't seem to get much traffic but it could be because I suck

http://www.reverbnation.com/butaneprophet
__________________
www.butaneprophet.com
ButaneProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #13
ieso
Human being with feelings
 
ieso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButaneProphet View Post
Good stuff IESO I like your production. I've had a page on reverbnation for a while, they seem to have made some positive changes since my last visit (no pop up player, yay) I can't seem to get much traffic but it could be because I suck

http://www.reverbnation.com/butaneprophet
Suck? No way, spinning now (Girlfriend Experience). Reminds me of The Smiths meet Skynyrd

Good song structure and performances overall (listening to Hole in the Head) -- you're a good guitar player.

Asleep at the Wheel. Good voice and groove. A band called Red Rider popped into my head all of a sudden. Nice stuff, man. Excellent production chops as well. Way better than anything I can do at this point. Keep up the good work. I'll listen to the rest right now....
ieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #14
ieso
Human being with feelings
 
ieso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
links already up, in my sig
Shemp, I'll spin your music later this afternoon.

This is fun.
ieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #15
spikemullings
Human being with feelings
 
spikemullings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: East London
Posts: 1,697
Default

I have just made a Reverbnation page but I've got to do stuff like get a photo up and write a bio that doesn't mortify me to the extent that I chew my own fingers off. Frankly I have no idea what I am doing.

When I uploaded my tune and it started playing it scared the beard off me. I don't know if it's just paranoia about the stuff being in a more public arena but I suddenly had an overwhelming desire to at least remix but preferably start again from scratch - or indeed not.

I'll do some fan adding stuff when I get the page done half properly.
__________________
Cloth-Eared Hobbyist
http://www.reverbnation.com/spikemullings
spikemullings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #16
carbon
Human being with feelings
 
carbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eesti
Posts: 2,376
Default

I'm in too - fan of all of you
__________________
KasparTORN
carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #17
carbon
Human being with feelings
 
carbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eesti
Posts: 2,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikemullings View Post
I have just made a Reverbnation page but I've got to do stuff like get a photo up and write a bio that doesn't mortify me to the extent that I chew my own fingers off. Frankly I have no idea what I am doing.
Just copy a text from your favourite artist and substitute the names.
For photos use lovely landscapes.
__________________
KasparTORN
carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #18
ieso
Human being with feelings
 
ieso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
links already up, in my sig
Very nice. I'm spinning now.

Good guitar playing (and good photo too!)

I see from your MySpace page you are a fellow Buckethead fan. Your 'Sentiment' track has a Colma vibe to it. Nice and chill.
ieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #19
ButaneProphet
Human being with feelings
 
ButaneProphet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 49
Default

Hey thanks dude. I don't write much because I have a real problem with direction, I like tons of different styles of music - everything from Frank Sinatra to Black Sabbath.

What do you use for your drums?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ieso View Post
Suck? No way, spinning now (Girlfriend Experience). Reminds me of The Smiths meet Skynyrd

Good song structure and performances overall (listening to Hole in the Head) -- you're a good guitar player.

Asleep at the Wheel. Good voice and groove. A band called Red Rider popped into my head all of a sudden. Nice stuff, man. Excellent production chops as well. Way better than anything I can do at this point. Keep up the good work. I'll listen to the rest right now....
__________________
www.butaneprophet.com
ButaneProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:33 PM   #20
ButaneProphet
Human being with feelings
 
ButaneProphet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 49
Default

Good guitar playing carbon, I like the experimental nature of it all. Reminds of a guy named Finn I listened to on thesixtyone before they gooned up the UI, I don't go there much now

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon View Post
I'm in too - fan of all of you
__________________
www.butaneprophet.com
ButaneProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:11 PM   #21
Artbay
Human being with feelings
 
Artbay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Worth TX
Posts: 1,753
Default

i just started a reverbnation page too, also avoiding the bio section for now
__________________
www.valtraxysblue.com - www.reverbnation.com/valtraxysblue
"sometimes i like to sit by the fire, read some sheet music, and listen to a book on tape." - steven wright
Artbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #22
ieso
Human being with feelings
 
ieso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButaneProphet View Post
Hey thanks dude. I don't write much because I have a real problem with direction, I like tons of different styles of music - everything from Frank Sinatra to Black Sabbath.

What do you use for your drums?
On the more recent things (i.e., the poorly performed drums on Chicon) it is me chimping around on my kit. I bought a set a few years ago and have been doing an injustice to rhythm ever since. But, I plan on staying with it and aspire to competence if nothing else. Just got some new cymbals so am inspired to keep trying.
ieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:18 PM   #23
ieso
Human being with feelings
 
ieso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artbay View Post
i just started a reverbnation page too, also avoiding the bio section for now
Link?
ieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #24
Artbay
Human being with feelings
 
Artbay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Worth TX
Posts: 1,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieso View Post
Link?
doh!

http://www.reverbnation.com/valtraxysblue

still quite empty at the moment

update: 3 songs & a logo up now
__________________
www.valtraxysblue.com - www.reverbnation.com/valtraxysblue
"sometimes i like to sit by the fire, read some sheet music, and listen to a book on tape." - steven wright

Last edited by Artbay; 02-10-2010 at 01:20 AM. Reason: update 2 > move to bump
Artbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:20 AM   #25
Artbay
Human being with feelings
 
Artbay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Worth TX
Posts: 1,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artbay View Post
doh!

http://www.reverbnation.com/valtraxysblue

still quite empty at the moment

update: 3 songs & a logo up now
update 2: 9 songs, a bio, and some fans already - thanks guys! did i include everyone?
__________________
www.valtraxysblue.com - www.reverbnation.com/valtraxysblue
"sometimes i like to sit by the fire, read some sheet music, and listen to a book on tape." - steven wright
Artbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:59 AM   #26
moio
Human being with feelings
 
moio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Frankfurt/Germany
Posts: 985
Default

Thank you all for having fanned me, too! I paid back everyone of you. Remind me, if I forget anyone ...

M
__________________
Listen to my songs:http://www.reverbnation.com/moio
Get some serious guitar:http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/albertmarkus
http://der-keller.net
moio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:44 AM   #27
lyquist
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 421
Default

http://www.reverbnation.com/darrenveach

I hope someone likes some of my songs:-)
lyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #28
ieso
Human being with feelings
 
ieso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 483
Default

Thanks, guys. This is great. Evidently, everything I play once ends up on a big playlist so I can just hit play and hear all of this, an 'endless' stream of music all day long.
ieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #29
Doughboy
Human being with feelings
 
Doughboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gaylord Michigan
Posts: 1,695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyquist View Post
http://www.reverbnation.com/darrenveach

I hope someone likes some of my songs:-)
What's not to like.....I love them!!!!
__________________
---------------
Doughboy
http://www.reverbnation.com/GregPillsbury
Doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #30
Artbay
Human being with feelings
 
Artbay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Worth TX
Posts: 1,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieso View Post
Thanks, guys. This is great. Evidently, everything I play once ends up on a big playlist so I can just hit play and hear all of this, an 'endless' stream of music all day long.
and 95% of it is better than anything on broadcast radio
__________________
www.valtraxysblue.com - www.reverbnation.com/valtraxysblue
"sometimes i like to sit by the fire, read some sheet music, and listen to a book on tape." - steven wright
Artbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #31
ieso
Human being with feelings
 
ieso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artbay View Post
and 95% of it is better than anything on broadcast radio
+1

We're in a golden age -- too bad it pays in lead, though
ieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:30 AM   #32
Artbay
Human being with feelings
 
Artbay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Worth TX
Posts: 1,753
Default

>>bump<<

any more reaper+reverbnation users out there? i've seen a few more reverbnation sigs in these forums...
__________________
www.valtraxysblue.com - www.reverbnation.com/valtraxysblue
"sometimes i like to sit by the fire, read some sheet music, and listen to a book on tape." - steven wright
Artbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:56 AM   #33
digitalskyfire
Human being with feelings
 
digitalskyfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 105
Default

Awesome idea!

http://www.reverbnation.com/hephaestus

That's my band, Hephaestus (alt metal). I gotta wait until I get home to listen, but this thread is filled with things like, "Sweet!" and, "Sounds awesome!" so I'm looking forward to being dazzled by you guys
__________________
My band:www.sinfinis.com
Here's the forum thread where you tell me that we rock/suck: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1260425
digitalskyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #34
GregHolmes
Human being with feelings
 
GregHolmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 399
Default

Here's mine:

http://www.reverbnation.com/GregHolmes

Maybe a little different from some of the others...
__________________
Greg Holmes | play:GregHolmes.com | work:GHServices.com
GregHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:07 AM   #35
shemp
Human being with feelings
 
shemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregHolmes View Post
Here's mine:

http://www.reverbnation.com/GregHolmes

Maybe a little different from some of the others...
a little

Love the Stick man. Nice stuff. I "Fanned" both you and digitalskyfire with my band
shemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #36
pattonfreak1
Human being with feelings
 
pattonfreak1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Posts: 3,239
Default

www.reverbnation.com/gigawatt

How did I miss this thread the first time around?
__________________
www.gigawatt.stereokiller.com
pattonfreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:16 PM   #37
krahosk
Human being with feelings
 
krahosk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,681
Default

Great music for all of you who joined forces on Reverb Nation. I listen to all of them through the day.

I wonder how I would categorize myself amidst your styles.
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #38
ieso
Human being with feelings
 
ieso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 483
Default

glad to see this thread is still alive and kickin'
ieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #39
quartermoonpro
Human being with feelings
 
quartermoonpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 41
Default

This looks like fun, suprised I missed it before. Hope you all enjoy my band.

www.reverbnation.com/hauntingheather
__________________
(Tap) (tap) .. Is this thing on??
www.hauntingheather.com
www.reverbnation.com/hauntingheather
quartermoonpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #40
moio
Human being with feelings
 
moio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Frankfurt/Germany
Posts: 985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartermoonpro View Post
This looks like fun, suprised I missed it before. Hope you all enjoy my band.

www.reverbnation.com/hauntingheather
got you. nice tunes ...
__________________
Listen to my songs:http://www.reverbnation.com/moio
Get some serious guitar:http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/albertmarkus
http://der-keller.net
moio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.