Old 08-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #1601
rluka
Human being with feelings

Thanks..Im new to Reaper and just beginning to really appreciate the SWS extensions...Thanks again
Ron L
rluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #1602
Anton9

Default 2.4.0 Bugs

SWS Team,

Hey guys I was going to post at the google code site but the login page is'nt loading.., so anyway here are some bugs I've found in v2.4.0.
Tested using REAPER 4.5rc13.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) The "Trigger next preset for FX n of selected tracks" actions have the following problem.

How to reproduce:
1) Add two effects to a track.
2) Set the preset of FX-1 to a preset other than the first one(something like preset 5).
3) Select FX-2 and hit the Run button two times quickly for the action "Trigger next preset for FX-1 of selected tracks".
4) Switch back to FX-1 and you'll notice that it has been set to the first preset.

Notes: This does not happen if you have FX-1 selected.., you can hit the Run buttton quickly as many times as you want and the preset changes correctly.
I also tested this using the ReaConsole and sending an OSC command for that action by holding Shift and clicking Enter twice quickly and I received the same result.

"Trigger previous preset for FX n of selected tracks" has a similar problem.., except it sets the preset to the last one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) The following actions are not showing up in the action list or in the sws.ini.

SWS/S&M: Trigger preset for selected FX of selected track (MIDI CC/OSC only)
SWS/S&M: Trigger preset for FX n of selected track (MIDI CC/OSC only)
SWS/S&M: Select project (MIDI CC/OSC only)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
3) SWS/S&M: Trigger next preset for last touched FX: Not working at all.

Thanks,

Anton
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:25 AM   #1603
memyselfandus

I would pay for instructional videos.. explaining all the SWS extensions and what they do... there's so many essential features.
memyselfandus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #1604
lowellben

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfandus View Post
I would pay for instructional videos.. explaining all the SWS extensions and what they do... there's so many essential features.
This is a good start, from Kenny:

http://www.groove3.com/str/reaper-sws-extensions.html
Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #1605
Reno.thestraws

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Edit - I just realized this is the wrong place to post an FR for the extension.

The request is posted here now.

==========================

I've got an idea for people that record multiple tracks locked to a timecode source. I'd like to know if any of you guys have the time to code these functions. These functions are adding new takes to existing items based on embedded timecodes in files on disk that match those of selected items.

People that can use this include live recording engineers that record across multiple rigs, music video folks who record production sound, film/tv production sound mixers, field recording folks with lots of recorders and mics, and probably plenty more setups I can't remember right now.

Here's a simple explanation of the problem and the solution:

How much work would it be to implement these functions ?

This is one of the primary obstacles for dialogue editors in using Reaper for their work, since bringing in the good tracks otherwise costs a lot of time.

Please keep in mind that you can use additional parameters for picking the other tracks to include as takes in the selected items, such as "Sound Roll", which is often used on film sets.

Programs such as Boom Recorder are a good reference for the kind of data you'll find.

A good tool to inspect files with all the data it can have is Wave Agent by Sound Devices (free).
Why don't record to multichannel items and them explode them across tracks?
Old 08-18-2013, 04:25 AM   #1606
jonespnice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
And Groove3 and Sweetwater has a deal going on, if you purchase a Groove3 video from from sweetwater you will receive a code for an all access pass for Groove3 for one month, you will be able to view any and all videos on Groove3's site. This is a super good deal, check out Groove3's website for details.

https://www.groove3.com/str/sweewater-web-pass.html
Mac 10.14.6, Windows 10 pro, Reaper 5, Akai Advance keyboard, MPC X, Maschine 2, Arturia V Collection, Komplete 12 Ultimate, Omnisphere 2.6, KeyScape, Trilian, Akai VIP, Albino, Minimonsta, Moog Modular vsti, Apollo interface, Korg M1 vsti, Reason.
jonespnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #1607
XITE-1/4LIVE

Thanks for the Project Recall using CCs.......
Live work makes Reaper famous.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #1608
ilr

I hope this is the right place to post this.

Now that Reaper has stretch markers, will the Groove Tool get a function to get/apply grooves from/to stretch markers?
Locking the bass to the kick drum or tightening backing vocals to lead vocals are just two of the many uses that come to mind.

I just installed the latest update. Outstanding work! I couldn't live without them!
ilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #1609
Jeffos
Mortal

Thanks guys! A couple of thank yous and a bug report is what a full year of updates deserves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton9 View Post
1) The "Trigger next preset for FX n of selected tracks" actions have the following problem.

How to reproduce:
1) Add two effects to a track.
2) Set the preset of FX-1 to a preset other than the first one(something like preset 5).
3) Select FX-2 and hit the Run button two times quickly for the action "Trigger next preset for FX-1 of selected tracks".
4) Switch back to FX-1 and you'll notice that it has been set to the first preset.

Notes: This does not happen if you have FX-1 selected.., you can hit the Run buttton quickly as many times as you want and the preset changes correctly.
I also tested this using the ReaConsole and sending an OSC command for that action by holding Shift and clicking Enter twice quickly and I received the same result.

"Trigger previous preset for FX n of selected tracks" has a similar problem.., except it sets the preset to the last one.
Sorry for the late feedback Anton9 (you should use the SWS tracker!)
Confirmed! It turns out it's a bug in the API, I made a bug report: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=4935 (<- needs your confirmation)

Quote:
2) The following actions are not showing up in the action list or in the sws.ini.

SWS/S&M: Trigger preset for selected FX of selected track (MIDI CC/OSC only)
SWS/S&M: Trigger preset for FX n of selected track (MIDI CC/OSC only)
SWS/S&M: Select project (MIDI CC/OSC only)
!?? Those actions are there. Reminder: all S&M "MIDI CC/OSC" actions belong to the section "S&M extension" of the action list (top-right dropdown box), not to the "Main" one.
(they are in a separate section because of a tech. constraint, please vote!)
Quote:
3) SWS/S&M: Trigger next preset for last touched FX: Not working at all.
can't repro, all good here..
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #1610
myconsumerclub

cool thanks it looks like the good stuff keeps on coming
myconsumerclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:20 AM   #1611
Coachz

I'm having to reset this with each new version of Reaper. SWS/S&M: Set project startup action

I have a custom action and I enter the Cmd ID (54787) in the "Set project startup action" and save it to my template. Reaper opens with that template and everytime Reaper opens it works fine, UNTIL I upgrade Reaper. Then I have to do it over again. Any ideas why it breaks with upgrades please ?

Thanks !!
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:07 AM   #1612
Amberience

Hey dudes,

I'm coming back to Reaper and I'm setting it all up again how I like it. So I've enabled the dragging on the ruler to zoom in and out of the project. I use this a LOT in other hosts.

I notice though that my edit cursor moves position (and seeks playback) whenever I let go of the mouse button. Anyone got any tips to change this?

Example:
http://screencast.com/t/RdOc6b0e
Amberience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #1613
Andywanders

Default Cycle Action Question

Hi folks, can someone help me.

I'm trying to make a custom action to give me a pause/stop on the first key-press, and a return to start on the second.

For example:

Let's say I assign the "NumPad 0" key to "transport: pause - transport: stop". The track plays - I hit "NumPad 0" and the cursor stops right there - Great!

Now, while stopped, I want to hit "NumPad 0" again to make the cursor jump back to the original start position - or to the song start.

I've had a look at the Cycle Action Center and I THINK it can be done there with "IF", but I have no idea as to how - I'm just a muso, not a programmer.

Am I on the right track? Is this do-able? Can someone explain how?

I've got so used to this with Logic's key commands it would be nice if I could re-create it in Reaper.

Andy M. VST
Andywanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:37 AM   #1614
Coachz

Oddly when I ran the "sws clear startup" it showed startup tied to a mackie klinke control action of the same id as my custom action. When I went back to the custom action, the ID had changed. So.....I think it's fixed now that the custom action seems to have a unique id. Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
I'm having to reset this with each new version of Reaper. SWS/S&M: Set project startup action

I have a custom action and I enter the Cmd ID (54787) in the "Set project startup action" and save it to my template. Reaper opens with that template and everytime Reaper opens it works fine, UNTIL I upgrade Reaper. Then I have to do it over again. Any ideas why it breaks with upgrades please ?

Thanks !!
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #1615
Anton9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
It turns out it's a bug in the API, I made a bug report: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=4935 (<- needs your confirmation)
Confirmed..., thanks.

Oh.., by the way congratulations on the new addition to your family.
Looks like you'll be busy with some "human programming" for awhile.
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:44 AM   #1616
nolman

Default go to / select region

EDIT: suddenly after updating reaper (not sws) it showed up in the ini.

"I can't seem to find the "go to/ select region" in de s&m.ini.
I want to change "n" to a larger number.
can i add the code myself and wat is the syntax?"

thanks!

ps: any idea how to make it so that when ik click a region in the regionmanager the region plays once and stops at the end of the region?(without action marker)
This would be very handy for theatre applications.

Last edited by nolman; 10-18-2013 at 03:18 AM.
nolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #1617
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andywanders View Post
Hi folks, can someone help me.

I'm trying to make a custom action to give me a pause/stop on the first key-press, and a return to start on the second.

For example:

Let's say I assign the "NumPad 0" key to "transport: pause - transport: stop". The track plays - I hit "NumPad 0" and the cursor stops right there - Great!

Now, while stopped, I want to hit "NumPad 0" again to make the cursor jump back to the original start position - or to the song start.

I've had a look at the Cycle Action Center and I THINK it can be done there with "IF", but I have no idea as to how - I'm just a muso, not a programmer.

Am I on the right track? Is this do-able? Can someone explain how?

I've got so used to this with Logic's key commands it would be nice if I could re-create it in Reaper.
It's most probably do-able but your description is not clear enough, sorry (no such action "transport: pause - transport: stop" + would that make sense? + "to the original start position - or to the song start" is ok but depending on which criteria?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post

Thanks !!
Normal.. Again, for macros, scripts and extensions' actions (incl. the SWS/S&M extension) you must use string identifiers, not command IDs. For ex, use _SWS_ABOUT, not 53955 (<- because this number is not reliable, it'll vary over the time).
That's why such command IDs are written between parenthesis in the the action list: to be read as "(unreliable)".
One way to get the "correct ID" in blind mode is to use the "Copy selected action cmdID/identifier string" context menu item of the action list.
Personally, I'm a bit fed-up with this "issue" => from the next build, the extension will reject such unreliable cmd IDs (+ message to explain things, instead of forum posts ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberience View Post
Hey dudes,

I'm coming back to Reaper and I'm setting it all up again how I like it. So I've enabled the dragging on the ruler to zoom in and out of the project. I use this a LOT in other hosts.

I notice though that my edit cursor moves position (and seeks playback) whenever I let go of the mouse button. Anyone got any tips to change this?

Example:
http://screencast.com/t/RdOc6b0e
Yes, you can change this and/or have different drag-zoom behaviors thanks to mouse modifiers. For ex. in prefs > mouse modifiers > context: ruler / left click, you can change the "Ctrl" modifier to "No action".
This way, you can move the edit cursor (+seek playback depending on other prefs) at the end of drag zoom as it is today --OR-- drag zoom with Ctrl+Drag NOT to move the edit cursor at the end of drag-zoom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolman View Post
EDIT: suddenly after updating reaper (not sws) it showed up in the ini.

"I can't seem to find the "go to/ select region" in de s&m.ini.
I want to change "n" to a larger number.
can i add the code myself and wat is the syntax?"

thanks!

ps: any idea how to make it so that when ik click a region in the regionmanager the region plays once and stops at the end of the region?(without action marker)
This would be very handy for theatre applications.
I don't think the "REAPER upgrade thing" you described is possible but see http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...postcount=1448 (<- "Quit REAPER first!")
The "play region and stop" thing is avail in REAPER v4.55, nice feature for live applications in general To directly play media files (synced with playback or not) via key shortcuts, osc, buttons, etc... there are also S&M "media file" slot actions that can be useful (the "slots" have to be filled in the Resources window).
Old 11-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #1618
Jeffos
Mortal

Default Report from the front...

There is a random playback bug in the Region Playlist, sorry about that, fix coming soon!

OS X users! please, upgrade to SWS v2.4.0 #1, there really is a fix for you in there!

OS X 10.9 / Mavericks: install issue
There is an issue to install the extension on OS X 10.9+ / Mavericks: double-clicking the installation script will lead to an "unidentified developer" error.
You can choose to override your security settings and run the install script anyway: press the Control-key and click the script icon in the DMG, choose Open from the shortcut menu, click Open.

More details here: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14369?...S&locale=en_US
This issue (& fix) will be followed-up here: https://code.google.com/p/sws-extens.../detail?id=608

Last edited by Jeffos; 01-25-2014 at 11:06 AM. Reason: override security settings on OSX 10.9+
Old 11-19-2013, 05:38 AM   #1619
vitalker

I can't find the action "Move cursor left/right 1m/5m". Would you add it to the next build?
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #1620
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
I can't find the action "Move cursor left/right 1m/5m". Would you add it to the next build?
It's already implemented natively:
Code:
Move edit cursor back one measure/one beat
Move edit cursor forward one measure/one beat
To get more movement per action (ie 5 measure movement) you can create a macro with multiple actions specified above.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #1621
Bug80

Maybe this is a good place to refer to the following thread:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=131462

I seem to have issues when using SWS' batch autorender in combination with resampling...
Bug80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:52 AM   #1622
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
It's already implemented natively:
Code:
Move edit cursor back one measure/one beat
Move edit cursor forward one measure/one beat
To get more movement per action (ie 5 measure movement) you can create a macro with multiple actions specified above.
Sorry, but I say about m(minutes), not measures. Because I done a macro with Move edit cursor right 5s, then this macro include in other macro, this macro include in the next macro. I got a macro Move edit cursor right 2minutes, but it carried very slowly. I think that it would well, if we we had it. Thanks.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:34 AM   #1623
witti

@vitalker

You can save up to eight nudge dialog settings. See actions list.
The saved nudge dialog settings can be found in the reaper.ini file.

So:

Open the nudge dialog,
set it to 'nudge' , 'edit cursor' , by '120' , 'seconds' .
I think snap to unit should be also ticked.

Then open the actions list and search for the dedicated actions to save nudge dialogs.
Save the dialog.
witti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #1624
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by witti View Post
@vitalker

You can save up to eight nudge dialog settings. See actions list.
The saved nudge dialog settings can be found in the reaper.ini file.

So:

Open the nudge dialog,
set it to 'nudge' , 'edit cursor' , by '120' , 'seconds' .
I think snap to unit should be also ticked.

Then open the actions list and search for the dedicated actions to save nudge dialogs.
Save the dialog.
Oh, big thanks witti!
Old 12-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #1625
unique

Hi, is this compatible with the new 4.581 release?

I see that it is compatible with 4.33 but no further info for the newer version?
unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #1626
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique View Post

I see that it is compatible with 4.33 but no further info for the newer version?
No problems with SWS and 4.58 here.
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:28 AM   #1627
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique View Post

Due to changes in Reaper API sometimes we have to limit version compatibility.

So 4.33 is the minimum version you need to run SWS, but it works with all newer version too and there shouldn't be any problems.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #1628
unique

Thank you nicholas and breeder. I am now much more comfortable in giving my efforts to learn a well functioning and compatible SWS Extension.
unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #1629
Argitoth

does anyone but me find "NO ITEMS SELECTED YOU IDIOT" error messages annoying?

courtesy of xenakios auto-rename.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #1630
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argitoth View Post

If it really says that, that is so awesome. I wouldn't ever change it!
Old 02-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #1631
Garrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argitoth View Post

May I ask how often you get that error message
Garrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:05 PM   #1632
Joystick

lol :-D
Joystick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #1633
XITE-1/4LIVE

How do we download the Fed 5th 2.4.0 #3 version?
I see the new webpage and click the download link but to no avail.
The what's new txt. looks great and I want to dive in..
Old 02-09-2014, 01:48 AM   #1634
Jeffos
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by XITE-1/4LIVE View Post
How do we download the Fed 5th 2.4.0 #3 version?
I see the new webpage and click the download link but to no avail.
The what's new txt. looks great and I want to dive in..
Arrrrg... What's your OS/browser? Is it html5 compliant? (should work regardless though humm...)
Old 02-09-2014, 10:04 AM   #1635
XITE-1/4LIVE

Went to Firefox and it worked.
Now I can go back to my ancient browser as I fear change.
New version is really nice, thanks so much.
I consider SWS a huge factor in me using Reaper for automations and tracking.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #1636
Reno.thestraws

I'm a Big fan of exclusive toggle actions! It's a game changer!

Awesome.

Did you realize that with this new feature you can almost copy ANY Other DAW workflow? You can reproduce Protools smart tools, cubase editing tools, studio one 2,...

You can also mark as "completed" my issues 492 and 597 on the tracker! Don't need this enhancements anymore with this brand new cycle editor feature!

You're Great!

Thanks for this!
Old 02-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #1637
heda

Can we make cycle actions in MIDI editor and assign them to buttons on a toolbar in the MIDI editor now?
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:32 PM   #1638
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno.thestraws View Post
I'm a Big fan of exclusive toggle actions! It's a game changer!
I am already looking forward for your ideas about this
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:40 PM   #1639
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Can we make cycle actions in MIDI editor and assign them to buttons on a toolbar in the MIDI editor now?
There's a way to put actions from main section as MIDI toolbar buttons, but I didn't try it with cycle actions yet.

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...69&postcount=3

Without this "workaround" would be better of course.

edit:
Oh sorry, overlooked you meant cycle actions with MIDI editor actions. I don't know.

Last edited by nofish; 02-09-2014 at 03:53 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #1640
Jeffos
Mortal

Fixed download links under Internet Explorer (merci blaupe!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
You can make Cycle Actions (CAs) made of MIDI Editor actions.
For some API reasons, the bummer is that you can't create a button for this "MIDI CA" in the MIDI Editor yet (because the extension can't register any action in any "MIDI editor" sections of the action list <- I mean, in a proper way, not via a hack - and that's also why this CA belong to the "Main" section ATM: best effort).
If you are motivated, gofer's workaround nofish has linked above works though (works because ReaScripts can register things in there, but not extensions).
This link can help too: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=2704

Last edited by Jeffos; 02-10-2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: wrong link