Old 09-03-2015, 12:35 PM   #1961
clepsydrae
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
OUCH! Yes!
This will be fixed in the next SWS pre-release v2.8.1.
Brilliant, thanks!

Quote:
This fix will also require REAPER v5.02pre3+
No prob, I can just wait for 5.02.

Quote:
Many thanks for the detailed report and example project, they helped.
Any time, thanks for being so on top of it!
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #1962
mlprod

Sorry for the Pic spam. Here is just an example of the bug in the function:
Move cursor left/right 10px creating time selection.

1st pic, the action I have made.

2nd Pic, Item zoomed out (check time line)

3rd pic, after action performed and zooming in you can see that the timeselection has moved and is not at the edge of the item.

4th pic, Item zoomed in (check time)

5th pic, and now when the action has been done in a zoomed in mode, it works.
Attached Images
File Type: png 01_Action.PNG (8.7 KB, 447 views)
File Type: png 02_Zoomed Out.PNG (5.7 KB, 410 views)
File Type: png 05_Zoomed In Error.PNG (10.8 KB, 382 views)
File Type: png 06_Zoomed In.PNG (7.0 KB, 375 views)
File Type: jpg 08_Correct.jpg (17.4 KB, 431 views)
mlprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 03:59 PM   #1963
Tod

There are some real potential actions for saving and restoring CC events.

Save selected events in CC lane under mouse cursor, slot x

Restore events to CC lane under mouse cursor, slot x

The problem is that the "Restore events to CC lane under mouse cursor, slot x" only works with keyboard shortcut keys, and not with toolbars.

The "Save selected events in CC lane under mouse cursor, slot x" seems to work okay, but without the "Restore" it really limits the use.

Is there any of getting those "Restore" actions to work with toolbars?
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:29 PM   #1964
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
There are some real potential actions for saving and restoring CC events.

Restore events to CC lane under mouse cursor, slot x

The problem is that the "Restore events to CC lane under mouse cursor, slot x" only works with keyboard shortcut keys, and not with toolbars.

The "Save selected events in CC lane under mouse cursor, slot x" seems to work okay, but without the "Restore" it really limits the use.

Is there any of getting those "Restore" actions to work with toolbars?
How could it work from toolbar if you need to hold your mouse over CC lane to paste data into it?
Are you arming toolbar action - or hopping to make it work when toolbar is over CC lane?

In any case, licecap of your problem would be appreciated because I still can't understand what you mean by saying that save (from lane under mouse cursor) actions work, and restore counterparts don't :/

Last edited by Breeder; 09-07-2015 at 09:12 PM.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:40 PM   #1965
EvilDragon

Tod, "under cursor" actions are exactly that - they work under mouse cursor only. Of course they'd work only when triggered via keyboard!
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:16 PM   #1966
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
How could it work from toolbar if you need to hold your mouse over CC lane to paste data into it?
Are you arming toolbar action - or hopping to make it work when toolbar is over CC lane?

In any case, licecap of your problem would be appreciated because I still can't understand what you mean by that that save actions works :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Tod, "under cursor" actions are exactly that - they work under mouse cursor only. Of course they'd work only when triggered via keyboard!
Hay Breeder and ED, thanks for the replies.

Yes, I haven't used many of those "under the mouse cursor" actions before and I didn't stop to think, sorry about that. Heh heh, I kept relating it to the edit cursor.

So now I think I can make it work using "Restore events to last clicked CC lane, slot x" in my toolbar. I really don't care how I have to get them saved, it's after they're saved I need and want quick access.

One other thing, what do I look for in the S&M ini file that relates to these actions, I would like to increase them to 12.

Restore events to last clicked CC lane, slot x

I looked pretty hard but not sure what to look for.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:36 PM   #1967
Breeder

Quote:
One other thing, what do I look for in the S&M ini file that relates to these actions, I would like to increase them to 12.
None of my actions have that ability. Only SNM actions have that.

While I don't plan on implementing this, I can manually increase number of slots for the next build.

Last edited by Breeder; 09-07-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:57 PM   #1968
Tod

Quote:
Not of my actions have that ability. Only SNM actions have that.

While I don't plan on implementing this, I can manually increase number of slots for the next build.
Aah, okay Breeder, I'm going to make good use of these even as they are.

Using both "Save selected events in last clicked CC lane, slot x" and "Restore events to last clicked CC lane, slot x" are working great in my toolbar.

If you get the chance it would be great to have 12 available.

I've got some special CC curves for a couple of Kontakt instruments I've made and these will work great.

Incidentally, you've really provided the Reaper community with some great actions over the last couple of years, and I thank you very very much.

Edit: I did make a little quick gif showing how 4 buttons work.

Last edited by Tod; 09-07-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:10 PM   #1969
Breeder

Quote:
Incidentally, you've really provided the Reaper community with some great actions over the last couple of years, and I thank you very very much.

Edit: I did make a little quick gif showing how 4 buttons work.

Thank you very much for noticing
Nice toolbar you got there There's just one gotcha, all of SWS/BR slot actions are project-specific. So if you need to use those curves around other projects it would be best to save them in your default project template.

Just momemnts ago, I increased all SWS/BR slot actions to 16 for the next release. Hopefully, it should be enough for most people.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:32 AM   #1970
Tod

Quote:
Thank you very much for noticing
Nice toolbar you got there There's just one gotcha, all of SWS/BR slot actions are project-specific. So if you need to use those curves around other projects it would be best to save them in your default project template.
Yeah, heh heh, I found that out this morning.

That's okay though, as I go from project to project I'm going to end up saving new ones anyway.

And like you said, for my Kontakt instruments I mentioned, I always know ahead of time so I can just use a project template.

Quote:
Just momemnts ago, I increased all SWS/BR slot actions to 16 for the next release. Hopefully, it should be enough for most people.
Aah, so we will have 16, thank Breeder, I'll make good use of them.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:03 AM   #1971
Kooljohn74

Have just installed these and skimming through the manual.
So much to learn.

Thanks for this great work.
Kooljohn74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:55 PM   #1972
PitchSlap

Quote:
- SWS/BR: Options - Set "Run FX after stopping for" to x ms (various values)
Cool, but this, like nearly every other time-based feature in a DAW, would be far more useful and elegant if the values were musical (beats, bars and measures).

Using milliseconds as a value for anything music related makes about as much sense as using hertz instead of notes in my opinion.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:43 AM   #1973
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
Cool, but this, like nearly every other time-based feature in a DAW, would be far more useful and elegant if the values were musical (beats, bars and measures).

Using milliseconds as a value for anything music related makes about as much sense as using hertz instead of notes in my opinion.
This is just an option to toggle REAPER preference, problem you talk of has nothing to do with SWS
Old 09-11-2015, 06:04 AM   #1974
henrys_cat

I've been using the SWS Region Playlist and was wondering if there's a way to do random or shuffled playback of the regions in the list?

It's for testing some back-to-back regions that can be played in any order and should all proceed seamlessly to the next - currently I just spend a few moments randomizing the order manually, but it'd be really nice to be able to just have a shuffle button.
henrys_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 04:17 PM   #1975
planetnine

Default SWS 2.8.1 out

v2.8.1 featured build (September 10, 2015)
New actions

Main:
- SWS/BR: Options - Set "Run FX after stopping for" to x ms (various values)
- SWS/wol: Adjust selected envelope height, zoom center to middle arrange/mouse cursor (MIDI CC relative/mousewheel)
- SWS/wol: Adjust selected envelope or last touched track height, zoom center to middle arrange/mouse cursor (MIDI CC relative/mousewheel)
- SWS/wol: Adjust envelope or track height under mouse cursor, zoom center to mouse cursor (MIDI CC relative/mousewheel)

Autorender
Fallback to WAV render if no render settings are found
Updated/added guiding messages

Fixes
Fixed mass item selection hang vs grouped/pooled items, requires REAPER v5.02pre3+
Fixed potential crash in zoom functions
Issue 761: Obey preference for volume envelope scaling when creating volume send envelopes with various actions
Issue 757: fixed actions "SWS: Set snapshots to 'mix' mode" and "SWS: Set snapshots to 'visibility' mode"
Issue 765: Fixed various actions and ReaScript API not working properly with stretch markers at mouse cursor when take playrate is modified
Renamed "SWS/wol: Set "Vertical/Horizontal zoom center" to..." actions to "SWS/wol: Options - Set "Vertical/Horizontal zoom center" to..." to be consistent with Breeder's actions.
Added missing undo points for some SWS and Xenakios actions
ReaConsole: fixed default key shortcut "C"

Other
SWS auto-update now checks for REAPER compatibility before announcing a new SWS version is available
Increased all SWS/BR slot actions count to 16
Optimizations around item/take selection/activation

ReaScript
Added functions:
- BR_TrackFX_GetFXModuleName
Issue 764, issue 760: fixed BR_GetMediaTrackLayout/BR_SetMediaTrackLayout issues, requires REAPER v5.02+

>
Old 09-12-2015, 08:42 PM   #1976
clepsydrae

Confirmed that the hanging I reported no longer happens with latest SWS and Reaper pre. Thanks again!
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:20 AM   #1977
Sari

Default No Extensions Menu

I have the latest version of SWS Extensions. I can use them. However I can't see the "Extensions" menu anywhere when I start Reaper. Any Suggestions?
Reaper 5.01(64)
SWS/SM Extension 2.8.1
Windows 10 (64)
Old 09-13-2015, 06:32 AM   #1978
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sari View Post
I have the latest version of SWS Extensions. I can use them. However I can't see the "Extensions" menu anywhere when I start Reaper. Any Suggestions?
Reaper 5.01(64)
SWS/SM Extension 2.8.1
Windows 10 (64)
Do you have ReaMenus installed? Extensions menu can too get customized, so if you use custom menus it's possible it was edited.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:09 AM   #1979
Sari

Breeder. Thanks! That was it.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:37 AM   #1980
Tod

SWS/BR: Convert selected envelope's curve in time to CC events in last clicked CC lane in last active MIDI editor.

Hi Breeder, I've tried but can't get that action to work. I may be doing something wrong, don't know for sure?

I've tried it with a regular track volume envelope and also a ReaControlMIDI CC11 envelope that was imbedded in a empty midi item.

Please advise.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #1981
Breeder

Quote:
SWS/BR: Convert selected envelope's curve in time to CC events in last clicked CC lane in last active MIDI editor.

Hi Breeder, I've tried but can't get that action to work. I may be doing something wrong, don't know for sure?

I've tried it with a regular track volume envelope and also a ReaControlMIDI CC11 envelope that was imbedded in a empty midi item.

Please advise.
edit:
Right-click the animated gifs and select "View image" to see full-sized gif

This is the licecap demonstrating how to do it from MIDI Editor section of the action list:

Notice how you need to create time selection to replicate envelope curve inside time selection. Other thing to be mindful of is that when recreating the curve, the options for MIDI draw density are taken into account (as demonstrated in the gif)

Same thing, this time using actions from the Main section:
Old 09-18-2015, 12:12 PM   #1982
Tod

Hi Breeder and thankyou, got it working.

At first I couldn't get it to work and discovered that the front of the envelope lane had to be selected.

These are some great actions that are going to come in very handy.

At the time you posted your post, Bob and I were on the phone trying to figure this out, so your post was very timely.

One problem we ran into is trying to get the following action to work.

Convert selected envelope's curve in time selection to CC events in CC lane at mouse cursor.

How can we get that to work, it could be very handy?
Old 09-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #1983
Breeder

Quote:

One problem we ran into is trying to get the following action to work.

Convert selected envelope's curve in time selection to CC events in CC lane at mouse cursor.

How can we get that to work, it could be very handy?
Simply assign shortcut to that action, but instead of clicking CC lane to make it last clicked, hover your mouse over desired CC lane and run the action with the assigned shortcut.

But I guess your real problem is that you're both getting confused by the way REAPER is handling actions and their shortcuts across various sections.

So for example, if you assign the shortcut to action in Main section and try to run the action with that shortcut while MIDI Editor has the focus, nothing will happen because the shortcut is forwarded to MIDI editor section which doesn't have that shortcut assigned. To make it work, shortcut needs to get pressed when Main window has the focus because shortcut is assigned to the action in Main section.

So you can do 2 things. Either assign the same shortcut to MIDI editor action "Pass through key to main window" or assign the same shortcut to a similarly named SWS/BR action in the MIDI editor. Or be on your toes most of the time making sure right window has the focus

IMHO, this system REAPER adopts (by making you set separate shortcuts for different sections) is powerful, but can get convoluted - especially when you want to work across main window and MIDI editor at the same time. If Cocos were smart, they would invest their time to at least make shortcuts the same across various sections for the default keybindings. Cubase has that approach (where commands work across sections when possible) and it's miles more elegant (but less powerful of course).
Old 09-18-2015, 01:25 PM   #1984
kirk1701

Dunno if I'm hijacking, but I can't seem to download the latest update without an error message. If I click "ignore" it seems to download okay. Anyone else experience this?
Old 09-18-2015, 02:06 PM   #1985
Tod

Quote:
Simply assign shortcut to that action, but instead of clicking CC lane to make it last clicked, hover your mouse over desired CC lane and run the action with the assigned shortcut.
Aah, okay, for some reason we were thinking the CCs would be generated at the time position of the mouse, but it's actually the CC-lane. Good enough.

Quote:
But I guess your real problem is that you're both getting confused by the way REAPER is handling actions and their shortcuts across various sections.

So for example, if you assign the shortcut to action in Main section and try to run the action with that shortcut while MIDI Editor has the focus, nothing will happen because the shortcut is forwarded to MIDI editor section which doesn't have that shortcut assigned. To make it work, shortcut needs to get pressed when Main window has the focus because shortcut is assigned to the action in Main section.

So you can do 2 things. Either assign the same shortcut to MIDI editor action "Pass through key to main window" or assign the same shortcut to a similarly named SWS/BR action in the MIDI editor. Or be on your toes most of the time making sure right window has the focus
Actually I don't think we're having any problem with that, we both understand the distinction between the Main and Midi Editor actions. I think it's fine that you've got them set up for both. I'll be experimenting with this for a little while and I think I'll come up with exactly what I want to do.

Quote:
IMHO, this system REAPER adopts (by making you set separate shortcuts for different sections) is powerful, but can get convoluted - especially when you want to work across main window and MIDI editor at the same time. If Cocos were smart, they would invest their time to at least make shortcuts the same across various sections for the default keybindings. Cubase has that approach (where commands work across sections when possible) and it's miles more elegant (but less powerful of course).
Yes, I agree, I've got a rather large number of keys assigned to "pass through".

Thanks again Breeder, like I said the other day, you've contributed a lot of very, very useful actions in the last couple of years.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:40 PM   #1986
ELP

And if you create one "dummy" track with an "dummy" item for creating only these envelope curves
And enable Envelope points move with media item(if you want convert it to an different beat position
You can simply convert any "dummy" envelope to any 'cc lane you want.
(no matter at which track is your open media item within the editor).

Move the "dummy" item to the correct time/beat position, the envelope move with this item. Make your time selection,
at this point you can also compress/stretch(action)
the dummy envelope and then convert it to the last clicked #CC lane within your open media item.
-that´s what i mean with Breeders actions together with the envelope lane is like an #CC- lane drawing extension for curves..

So in principle you have to create only a view dummy envelopes.
If needed...
-

PS:
Too bad that at these point there are no SWS actions for
convert selected item "take envelope" to last.. #cc lane ... within open Midi item ..

then it would be even easier as an 'cc drawing extension..
Maybe possible?

Last edited by ELP; 09-18-2015 at 03:06 PM.
ELP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:49 PM   #1987
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELP View Post
And if you create one "dummy" track with an "dummy" item for creating only these envelope curves
And enable Envelope points move with media item(if you want convert it to an different beat position
You can simply convert any "dummy" envelope to any 'cc lane you want.
(no matter at which track is your open media item within the editor).

Move the "dummy" item to the correct time/beat position, the envelope move with this item. Make your time selection,
the dummy envelope and then convert it to the last clicked #CC lane within your open media item.
-that´s what i mean with Breeders actions together with the envelope lane is like an #CC- lane drawing extension for curves..

So in principle you have to create only a view dummy envelopes.
If needed...
Got yeah ELP, Now that I understand Breeders actions, it all makes sense.

Thank you.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:54 PM   #1988
Big Bob

Quote:
So, apparently, this action just allows you to choose the destination lane by hovering the mouse over it (instead of having to make it the currently selected CC lane). I was thinking that it would also move the shape to start in the new time position where the cursor is.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Reajoice,

Bob

BTW apparently the MIDI Editor must be open for this action to work (even when using the Main View action)?
Old 09-18-2015, 03:09 PM   #1989
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
BTW apparently the MIDI Editor must be open for this action to work (even when using the Main View action)?
Yes, because I can't know last clicked CC lane if MIDI editor is not opened.

This would be possible with inline MIDI editor (but not in the relation to last clicked CC lane, but CC lane under mouse), but because I've never used it, I didn't bother implementing it.

Quote:
Too bad that at these point there are no SWS actions for
convert selected item "take envelope" to last.. #cc lane ... within open Midi item ..

then it would be even easier as an 'cc drawing extension..
Maybe possible?

Since I'm only in bug fix mode these days I won't really bother implementing anything new. (I'm using Cubase more and more, and since I get almost no donations I really don't have any incentive to continue contributing my time to SWS except the usual bug fixes)
However, all of these actions can get replicated with ReaScript (even mouse versions thanks to the mouse API I exported a while ago) - so you can always code your own. Or wait for new contributors to join SWS and help out

Last edited by Breeder; 09-18-2015 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:28 PM   #1990
Big Bob

Hi Breeder,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Of course we are all very sorry that you have decided to 'jump ship' because your contributions have indeed been very valuable.

However, I'm quite familiar with the 'almost zero donations problem'. Do you get some fraction of the total SWS site donations or do you have a separate 'Breeder Donate Button' somewhere?

Again thanks for your help.

Reajoice,

Bob
Old 09-18-2015, 03:44 PM   #1991
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
However, I'm quite familiar with the 'almost zero donations problem'.
Heh, I guess that's the problem with open source, donation-ware and similar ventures...it's so readily available that people forget there are other people behind those projects who invest their time and knowledge. I for one never bothered with donations for other software until I actually ventured into my own projects. These days I always try and donate if I can.

Donations on main SWS page are used to cover website expenses - I have really no idea how it works to be honest. I only accept donations through my sig

However, don't you dare donating one cent Big Bob! You already helped me a lot with your Kontakt scripts and that's thanks enough!
I'm really happy to see people contributing - it only all the ReaScripters decided to learn a bit of C so they could help out with SWS

Last edited by Breeder; 09-18-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:08 PM   #1992
Big Bob

Quote:
the dummy envelope ...
Hi ELP,

Are you referring to the SWS/FNG actions for 'time compress/stretch selected envelope points'? Or is there some way to make finer adjustments?

Reajoice,

Bob
Old 09-20-2015, 01:50 PM   #1993
Coachz

Got stuck on Snapshots gents.
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...=1#post1574406
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:12 PM   #1994
Teo Oliver

I am migrating from protools, and a feature that i really miss, is the ability to use a shortcut to show the envelope lane of a specific parameter. In ProTools is Ctrl+Command+Click (in any parameter). There's any way to do this?

There's some plugins that have so many parameters, that is very time consuming to look in the trim list and check the box. With this shortcut is very straightforward to do the same thing. I find i option in SWS that its very close, but not wat i needed. (Show/Hide track envelope to last touched FX parameter).

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Teo Oliver
Teo Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:39 AM   #1995
geoslake

Default "Nudge master output" visual feedback ?

Hi

I use this action to control my main volume without having to reach for the card know, or any soft mixer.
Thing is, I dont understand what it actually does, as the master fader doesnt move, and I end up having tracks with super low output volume and i dont understand why at first glance....
Any idea ?

Thanks

---edit--- just rechecked properly, and its the "hardware audio send" (dont know what the real name is)
Is there a way to use such an action for the actual master volume fader ?
geoslake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:08 PM   #1996
Coachz

Does the latest version run on Reaper 4? Also, are betas available for this latest snapshot fix please?
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #1997
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Does the latest version run on Reaper 4?
Nope, you need an older version

Quote:
Also, are betas available for this latest snapshot fix please?
No. Snapshot issues are long known and are all related to sends. It's not an easy fix and nobody is interested enough to do it. I think I read somewhere you said you're a coder? Why not give it a go and help out?
Old 09-28-2015, 01:25 AM   #1998
Jeffos
Mortal

Coachz is talking about something else (http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...=1#post1574406)
Quote:
Also, are betas available for this latest snapshot fix please?
A new version with the fix will be available soon
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:13 PM   #1999
ovnis

On the last sws, the padre's LFO doesn't work well. Frequency quantization doesn't fit well with the BMP.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzw4ak49jt...rator.gif?dl=0

Last edited by ovnis; 10-01-2015 at 04:20 AM.
ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:44 AM   #2000
Teo Oliver

Default Consolidate Selection is crashing Reaper.

Hi, i don't know if this is the best place or if i should report the crashing in the Reaper Bug Reports.

I use a lot the function Cosolidate Selection (SWS/AW), but every time i do it in a empty region, Reaper quit. (I'm on a Mac)

Best regards,

Teo
Teo Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote