Old 02-05-2016, 08:06 PM   #2081
mrelwood
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroudy View Post
I believe this option only works with certain recording modes. Specifically, it doesn't work with New recording (or over dubbing) Creates New Takes. I think it only works with Tape Style or Layering.
It doesn't work on those modes either.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:01 AM   #2082
andivax

SWS 2.8.6 (Beta) - Can't add any S&M resources in FX Chain.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:42 AM   #2083
lowellben

Not sure where the best place is to share bugs, but there is a huge bug in the powerful and much-used Padre LFO, making it quite unusable unless you're willing to accept huge compromises.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...88#post1639588

It overwrites all CC lane data and ignores "time selection". Whether it's blank space or other CC data, the Padre LFO always just overwrites the entire CC lane you're choosing, which of course, is bad.

Just trying to help!
Old 02-19-2016, 08:55 AM   #2084
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by andivax View Post
SWS 2.8.6 (Beta) - Can't add any S&M resources in FX Chain.
Hi,

Known issue..see pre release section of forum. Using last release version till fixed.

Guido
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:47 PM   #2085
sickamorz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno.thestraws View Post
I'll try to explain but my english is very bad for such complicated explanation, so sorry in advance if some words look weird :S

In Cycle action editor, you can create actions that are "conditional" with IF and IFNOT statement.
It works like this

IF --
- any action that report a toggle state (look to the action list to see them)
- conditional action
ENDIF---

IF NOT
- any action that report a toggle state (look to the action list to see them)
- conditional action
ENDIF---

example, a super simple CA using this statement could be :

IFNOT
Transport : Record (the CA check if the action is on or off)
Transport : Record (the CA run the action)
ENDIF
IF
Transport : Record (the CA check if the action is on or off)
Transport : STop (save all recorded media) (the CA run the action)
ENDIF

SO, if you assign a key shortcut to these action, what it will happen when triggering it?

If the record button is on in the transport bar: your action will stop the recording and save media

If the record button is OFF : your action will start the recording

Now the exclusive and dummy toggle :

Dummy toggle are action that do nothing except sayin to the CA "I'm OFF or I'm ON"

What's the goal?

You can now create some " fake options" toolbar button by placing any action "dummy toggle X" in it and have some cycle action that react differently if the dummy toggle (aka fake options) is set to on or off

Example :

cycle action name : conditional split
IF---
Dummy toggle 01
Split item at edit cursor
ENDIF
IFNOT
Dummy toggle 01
SPlit item at time selection
ENDIF

Now you have a toolbar button containing the action dummy toggle 01 that could be turn on or off

Let's assign a key shortcut to our brand new action "conditionnal split" -> "S" for example

Now what happen if I press "S" ?

If my dummy toggle button is set to on, my action will split the item at edit cursor
If my dummy toggle button is set to off, my action will split the item at time selection

Isn't it awesome?

Exclusive toggle are the same with one difference. They're exclusive. That means that if exclusive toggle 02 is set to on, every other exclusive toggle action number will be set to OFF

With this, you can now create some "ala cubase or ala protools" tools

example :

-I placed 10 exlusive toggle actions in my toolbar (from 1 to 10) and just renamed them with tool names.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...xample%201.gif

- I created that big conditional CA and assigned it to my mouse modifier : left mouse click / item
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...xample%202.gif

Now depending on WHAT toolbar button is on, my left mouse click have different behaviors

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...xample%203.gif

How sexy is that?

And it doesn't stop to mouse mod

You can create some sort of "multilayer keyboard"

you create an CA for, as an example, the shortcut "R"

example :

IF
exclusive toggle 21
Transport : Record
ENDIF
IF
exclusive toggle 22
Reverse item as a new take
ENDIF
IF
exlusive toggle 23
Cycle Ripple editing
ENDIF
IF
exclusive toggle 24
Project : Render
ENDIF

Now the shortcut "R" is multi function and depend on your "mode" or exclusive toggle toolbar state

In previous example you could rename your exclusive toggle button :
- exclusive toggle 21 to "REAPER recording mode"
- exclusive toggle 22 to "REAPER editing mode"
- exclusive toggle 23 to "REAPER arranging mode"
- exclusive toggle 24 to "REAPER mastering mode"

and make any conditionnal "multilayer" action that suit your modes

The sky is the limit

EDIT : that was my 6000th post in this forum ... a pretty long one!
Are cycle actions covered in the Reaper V5.15 manual, or is the information elsewhere?

Thanks in advance.
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:33 AM   #2086
mehmethan

Hi SWS Dev,

What is the difference between "Project Notes" & "Extra Project Notes" ? sws 2.8.6
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:50 AM   #2087
urlwolf

Featurerequest: shortcut to save a preset on the FX window.
The menus under the '+' button are not accessible anywhere and they are damn important for a workflow where you create presets.
urlwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 12:38 AM   #2088
spindlebox

FEATURE REQUEST:

A way to copy all FX bins from one project into another - created using the same template; i.e., they have the exact same track configuration.

Similarly, it would be nice to copy all fader levels, panning, etc. as well.

Thank you!
Old 03-25-2016, 04:24 AM   #2089
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlebox View Post
FEATURE REQUEST:

A way to copy all FX bins from one project into another - created using the same template; i.e., they have the exact same track configuration.

Similarly, it would be nice to copy all fader levels, panning, etc. as well.

Thank you!
Can't both of those be done by saving track templates??
Old 03-28-2016, 01:51 AM   #2090
DarkStar

In a Lua script (SWS 2.8.3 is installed):
Code:
 reaper.BR_MIDI_CCLaneRemove(reaper.MIDIEditor_GetActive(), 1)
always gives an "BR_MIDI_CCLaneRemove' argument 1: unknown type HWND" error.
a
CCLaneReplace gives the same error

Last edited by DarkStar; 03-28-2016 at 02:27 AM.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:26 PM   #2091
Sound asleep

Default "Xenakios/SWS Set selected tracks as folder" action bug

I found an undesirable effect of one of the SWS actions. It's the "Xenakios/SWS Set selected tracks as folder" action. It usually works great. If you select tracks and run it, the selected tracks are put into a folder.

This often works very well. However, if your tracks you are doing that with are already children, and some of the selected tracks are the lowermost children, then all other tracks below them, which are one level of hierarchy up, are brought up one hierarchy level.

So, if you have

A
B
B
A
A

And you select the Bs and run that action, you end up with;

A
B
C
C
B
B

If it was;

A
B
B
A
A
B

You'd get;

A
B
C
C
B
B
C

And if it was;

A
B
C
C
B
B
A

And you put the Cs in a folder, you'd get;

A
B
C
D
D
C
C
A

In other words, a folder below the tracks you selected to be put in a folder is not affected, if it is of a hierarchy above the parent of selected tracks, and one of a hierarchy below, just follows along with its parent.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #2092
Dale

Default Custom Actions files

I recently upgraded computer hardware. However diligent I was in saving plug-ins and other files, I failed to locate and save a copy of the custom actions that I created with the SWS extension.

Anyone ever have to dig these out of the program, or is it even possible? I have the old HDD and can still access all files with it connected as an external HDD now.

Thanks in advance,
Dale
Old 04-06-2016, 05:51 AM   #2093
DarkStar

They should be in your old Reaper AppData folder.

They are in
C:\Users\DarkStar\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\reaper-kb.ini here

I would pick up the other .ini files while you are there, you may need those later too.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #2094
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
They should be in your old Reaper AppData folder.
DarkStar,

That was exactly the ticket....Spot on support!!!

I sincerely appreciate you, my friend. Next time you are in Texas, come see me. I owe you a beverage of your choice.
Dale
Old 04-06-2016, 05:42 PM   #2095
FnA

Default REQUEST: Remove seek from Undo/Redo Edit Cursor Move

REQUEST: Remove seek from Undo/Redo Edit Cursor Move.

Maybe something like this could take it's place? Or just provide a new version: Undo/Redo Edit Cursor - no seek?

Code:
// seek playback.eel

SetEditCurPos(GetCursorPosition(), 0, 1); //SetEditCurPos(time, bool moveview, bool seekplay) 

function NoUndo()(abs(0)); defer("NoUndo()");
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:20 PM   #2096
artao

I did search this thread, and Googled it. No useful results.
SO!
What is "Cascade selected track inputs"
I hope the SWS manual gets updated sooner than later
artao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:52 PM   #2097
panicaftermath

Just discovered the SWS/S&M actions copy and cut the active take, and to "paste take (after active take." These are really useful. Would be good if there was an action to paste the copied take as a new item at the time selection.
panicaftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:09 PM   #2098
lachrimae

Quote:
Originally Posted by artao View Post
What is "Cascade selected track inputs"
It sets the input of all selected tracks sequentially, starting with the input # of your choosing:

lachrimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:59 AM   #2099
Jae.Thomas

"open selected item path in finder/explorer" does not work here, only brings me to "This Pc" in windows 10 x64
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:11 PM   #2100
artao

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrimae View Post
It sets the input of all selected tracks sequentially, starting with the input # of your choosing:
Thanks.
I've no idea what I'd do with that, but I get it.
artao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:13 PM   #2101
MRMJP

Although Kenny made a nice demonstration video of how to do Pro Tools AudioSuite style editing in Reaper, if you were able make an extension that hosted an offline plugin and applied it destructively to a new playlist, that would be most excellent.
MRMJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:15 PM   #2102
MRMJP

Would it be possible to make an extension that lets you jump to marker numbers higher than 10?
Old 06-01-2016, 03:30 PM   #2103
Xenakios

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMJP View Post
able make an extension that hosted an offline plugin and applied it destructively to a new playlist, that would be most excellent.
The problem here is that Reaper doesn't provide an API to its own VST etc plugins hosting. The extension plugin would at the moment have to implement the plugin hosting from scratch on its own. (Which is not an easy and trivial thing to do properly. And couldn't really be done for JesuSonic plugins.)

I did talk with Justin about adding extension/scripting APIs for loading audio plugins and processing audio with them, but that hasn't yet happened.

I have also been considering whether I should do a Reaper extension plugin of my own using JUCE that would implement this. It would however have the problem that the plugin support wouldn't be exactly like Reaper's. It would have a different set of bugs and limitations compared to Reaper. I don't particularly like the idea of having such inconsistency. But the AudioSuite style processing is something where I might be willing to live with that kind of inconsistency because it's a useful thing to be able to do. And pretty much exactly like Pro Tools does it. The workarounds that could be done with Reaper are pretty lame and tedious.

Also it's worth noting that Pro Tools's AudioSuite plugins can only be used in Pro Tools, no other host is allowed or able to use them.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:46 PM   #2104
MRMJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
The problem here is that Reaper doesn't provide an API to its own VST etc plugins hosting. The extension plugin would at the moment have to implement the plugin hosting from scratch on its own. (Which is not an easy and trivial thing to do properly. And couldn't really be done for JesuSonic plugins.)

I did talk with Justin about adding extension/scripting APIs for loading audio plugins and processing audio with them, but that hasn't yet happened.

I have also been considering whether I should do a Reaper extension plugin of my own using JUCE that would implement this. It would however have the problem that the plugin support wouldn't be exactly like Reaper's. It would have a different set of bugs and limitations compared to Reaper. I don't particularly like the idea of having such inconsistency. But the AudioSuite style processing is something where I might be willing to live with that kind of inconsistency because it's a useful thing to be able to do. And pretty much exactly like Pro Tools does it. The workarounds that could be done with Reaper are pretty lame and tedious.

Also it's worth noting that Pro Tools's AudioSuite plugins can only be used in Pro Tools, no other host is allowed or able to use them.
Hi, thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay. I agree that the workarounds for AudioSuite style processing in Reaper are not ideal though I'm sure I could get used to them.

It would be very nice though to see something like this implemented in Reaper. It's one of the main things holding me back from jumping over to Reaper from Pro Tools for the first part of my mastering work.

After I capture a stereo signal back from my analog mastering chain, I do a variety of "clean-up" work with RX5 modules and sometimes an EQ or de-esser to processing very little chucks of the audio (also sometimes on the source track before hitting the analog gear).

It can be anywhere from a few milliseconds to a few seconds and having that offline AudioSuite plugin window that just destructively "zaps" the highlighted audio (with handles!) is super useful for some workflows. And yes, Pro Tools is the only software I've seen with anything like AudioSuite and to me it's a hidden jewel.

When you combine AudioSuite with the power of a playlist, it makes it super easy to clean up a track but have instant access to the original source to "pop" back in if you wan to restore a section to it's original state and try again without undoing a bunch of other work.

I will try to monitor this thread more closely but please reach out if you'd like some help or assistance dialing in an AudioSuite/Playlist style extension for Reaper which would make Reaper become my go-to DAW for more tasks.

Thank you.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:24 PM   #2105
airon

Quote:
Would it be possible to make an extension that lets you jump to marker numbers higher than 10?
You can do that with a Lua script. A quick popup requester using a builtin command, a check that the user entered a number and it is probably done.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:16 PM   #2106
MRMJP

I notice that when I use the shortcuts "Select Next FX (cycling) for selected tracks when the transport is playing, that playback is slightly disrupted, but if you just click on another plugin in the FX chain, playback remains smooth.

Is there any chance of improving this? Also, it would be nice if you didn't have to have a track selected and it simply just moved whatever FX you have focused and selected.

This goes for the select next/previous FX option as well.

They are still usable as is but these little tweaks would speed things up for me.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:52 PM   #2107
planetnine

Quote:

Any good? Clickable goto grid..?

Link: Project marker goto grid thread.

>
Old 06-16-2016, 03:24 PM   #2108
MRMJP

Thanks, this could work but I found a way to assign logical shortcuts for up to marker 19 which is more than I would need for most projects so I think I'm set for now.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:20 PM   #2109
MRMJP

I'm really loving the extension to Normalize loudness of selected items and the Analyze Loudness stuff that you have added. It's a major time saver to prep tracks before I start mastering them.

What would be the chance of adding a Pan Normalizer as well to help quickly balance the panning of stereo tracks that come in that are not even?
Old 06-21-2016, 08:03 AM   #2110
MRMJP

Quote:
I notice that when I use the shortcuts "Select Next FX (cycling) for selected tracks when the transport is playing, that playback is slightly disrupted, but if you just click on another plugin in the FX chain, playback remains smooth.

Is there any chance of improving this? Also, it would be nice if you didn't have to have a track selected and it simply just moved whatever FX you have focused and selected.

This goes for the select next/previous FX option as well.

They are still usable as is but these little tweaks would speed things up for me.
Would also be nice if the FX cycling extension worked even if the FX Menu window is focused. Right now, you have to be sure the main REAPER menu is showing for this action to work.

A few little tweaks to these actions would really go a long way. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:16 PM   #2111
Patch84

Default Insert Random Envelope Points

Hi,

I really love all the additional power that SWS provides. It has done as much to improve Reaper's accessibility to the vision impaired as extensions specifically developed for the purpose.

As a sound designer, I love the way that the "Insert Random Envelope Points" command works. The dialogue is intuitive and produces excellent and versatile results, plus you can fine-tune them by tweaking envelope points after the fact or simply keep randomising til you find something you like.

Thing is, it seems to be very temperamental. On full installs of Reaper, when you install with default settings it will work, but when you start customising prefs it breaks. Messing about in the general preferences with the types of actions that can be undone seems to delay the inevitable breakage somewhat, but not much and I can't pin down what exactly breaks it over time.

With a portable version of Reaper, it seems to last quite a bit longer but still breaks after a while for no apparent reason. The dialogue will come up but no envelope points are pasted when you click OK.

Does anyone know of a way to make it work reliably as I'm not aware of anything else that can reproduce the results, though perhaps the LFO generator might? Can you vary the degree of randomness with that?

If it could be fixed/a work-around suggested, I really would be hugely grateful as I was very excited when I discovered the action.

Thanks for any help,

Justin
Patch84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:57 PM   #2112
lowellben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch84 View Post
Hi,

Thing is, it seems to be very temperamental. On full installs of Reaper, when you install with default settings it will work, but when you start customising prefs it breaks. Messing about in the general preferences with the types of actions that can be undone seems to delay the inevitable breakage somewhat, but not much and I can't pin down what exactly breaks it over time.

Does anyone know of a way to make it work reliably as I'm not aware of anything else that can reproduce the results, though perhaps the LFO generator might? Can you vary the degree of randomness with that?

If it could be fixed/a work-around suggested, I really would be hugely grateful as I was very excited when I discovered the action.

Thanks for any help,

Justin
Wish I could help but I can't, sorry. I love this action and have used it countless times without any breakage or sluggishness.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:02 PM   #2113
studer58

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelleke View Post
I am very happy by the things SWS allows me to do.

Being a great fan of source destination editing, my requests come partly from the existing macros elsewhere on this forum.

I think the track selection with names and wildcards is really cool. What I would love to see, is similar functionality, but with markers.

In general, I think it would be really useful to be able to jump to a marker by number or name (w/ wildcard) match. Most DAWs have this functionality (at least with numbers.)

For my source-destination dreams, it would be great if I was allowed to delete markers, or create a marker with a specific name, apply time selection between specific markers etc. Then, using reaconsole_customcommands.txt you can completely do anything with markers you like. (For instance use them as in and out points for source/destination takes)
Could this now be streamlined with ReaPacks ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjoDu_32ljI

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=177978
studer58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:38 AM   #2114
Klangfarben

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find a mention of it in previous posts in this thread. Is there a way with the snapshots script to also save media data - as in midi/audio/video regions - along with everything else being saved?

What would be absolutely fantastic is if I could write a version of a film cue, save it as a snapshot, do a revision to it, save that as a snapshot, etc. and then have the ability to switch back and forth. I'm always using the same template for writing, so I'm using the same plugins, track layout, etc.

That would allow me for instance, during a director meeting to play back a cue, then play them a different version of the cue by instantly switching to a different snapshot. For instance, I write a cue that has three different endings that I want to play for the director and I can flip between them by selecting a different snapshot.

As long as the track layout doesn't change between snapshots, this seems like it could be possible, yes?
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 04:19 AM   #2115
Gianfini

Default renaming

hi, I was wondering if the "track rename..." action in SWS could be improved to include the possibility to add fixed PREFIX, SUFFIX or numbering in front of the name instead that at the end, or even "find and replace" like possibilities...

It would be massively important to me since I'm dealing with 100+ tracks comping very often

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:04 AM   #2116
Quentin

Default SWS: Open Projects from list

It would be really nice if this action remembered the last opened folder, while running Reaper and between runs. The action always opens in Reaper Media and you have to browse to your project folder. Also, when you subsequently go to save a list it opens in the Audio sub folder. I like to have my project and project list files at the root level of my project folder.
Quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:11 AM   #2117
EpicSounds

are we getting an update this summer?
Old 08-20-2016, 06:47 AM   #2118
heda

It seems that since I've updated to REAPER 5.23, the SWS auto track color and auto track icons are not working for me. Maybe it is just a coincidence and it is something else. But I don't know how to make it work again.
I can see the configuration is good in the Auto Color/Icon/Layout window, and if I press the "Force" button, it applies everything correctly. But I save the project, reopen it again and all icons and colours are gone again.

REAPER 5.23
win x64
SWS Extension 2.8.7
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:27 PM   #2119
wol

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
It seems that since I've updated to REAPER 5.23, the SWS auto track color and auto track icons are not working for me. Maybe it is just a coincidence and it is something else. But I don't know how to make it work again.
I can see the configuration is good in the Auto Color/Icon/Layout window, and if I press the "Force" button, it applies everything correctly. But I save the project, reopen it again and all icons and colours are gone again.

REAPER 5.23
win x64
SWS Extension 2.8.7
Tested with v5.24pre9 and it seems to work correctly.
wol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:14 PM   #2120
MRMJP

Perhaps I should have posted in this thread, but please see this report I made regarding SWS RMS normalize:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=180614

I can't tell if it's something on my end or a bug.