Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 11-08-2017, 11:52 PM   #1
sowellca
Human being with feelings

Default Freeze up upon startup of Reaper

I had changed where my project files were saved, via preferences, in Reaper. Shortly after that, version 5.62 is released. Now, upon startup of Reaper, the screen has a rotating Windows wheel and a box states "Loading Reaper Renders". It never finishes. The program is stuck at this and won't finish. The original renders place still has the renders in it, and I also copied the renders to the newly selected location. Anyone have any ideas why Reaper won't finish loading? I could uninstall and reinstall, but didn't I effectively do that when I installed version 5.62? I am unable to record or even work on projects if Reaper won't start.
sowellca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:56 AM   #2
foxAsteria

Well sounds like you need to change the general preference from loading projects on startup to opening a new project, but that's not possible if Reaper won't load. Re-installing won't remove your preferences, so you'll need to delete them and start fresh.

I don't know what OS you're on, but in Windows the file is in C:\users\[username]\appdata\roaming\reaper. If that's hard to find or you use another OS, just search your computer for "reaper.ini" and delete it. Reaper will create a new, default ini file on launch.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:46 AM   #3
sowellca

Default Thanks! Will try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Well sounds like you need to change the general preference from loading projects on startup to opening a new project, but that's not possible if Reaper won't load. Re-installing won't remove your preferences, so you'll need to delete them and start fresh.

I don't know what OS you're on, but in Windows the file is in C:\users\[username]\appdata\roaming\reaper. If that's hard to find or you use another OS, just search your computer for "reaper.ini" and delete it. Reaper will create a new, default ini file on launch.
Thanks a lot. I will try that.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:51 AM   #4
sowellca

Default That Worked!

That did it! Thanks a million!

=)
Old 01-16-2018, 08:27 AM   #5
shady

You could also try loading Reaper using these hotkeys__

Open REAPER without loading last project. Shift (while starting REAPER)

Open REAPER without loading any default project template. Ctrl Shift (while starting REAPER)

or in your windows menu bar there should be a shortcut for

REAPER (x64) (reset configuration to factory defaults)
shady is offline   Reply With Quote