Old 05-11-2021, 07:47 AM   #201
Denys
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Yes, this is intended behavior. If you have "section" and "fade" enabled at the bottom of Media Item Properties, the item will play back only the defined section of the underlying media file, and will overlap and crossfade the end of the media with the start of the next loop. The unexpected audio you are hearing is the start of the next loop, which is overlapped with the end of the current loop.

If you're not intending to loop the audio, there's no need to enable either the section or fade behavior. This is controlled within the media explorer via Options > Enable looping when inserting selected portion of media, which can also be overridden via the right-click menu when selecting a portion of the preview media.

Thank you for the detailed explanation, schwa! I changed the setting and everything works perfectly.

While we are talking about the Media Explorer, may I ask if spectral display in the Media Explorer is an option we could have anytime soon? When you do sound design, it can be handy to check which takes are the cleaner. With spectral display of the sound, you know immediately if a bird sang at the wrong moment, if there is noise on take, etc.

Anyway, I agree with gxray, Media Explorer is a very precious feature of Reaper. Thank you for taking care of it lately!
Old 05-25-2021, 01:57 PM   #202
nvk

Would appreciate if we could get some actions to change playback rate like we have for pitch. Even better would be if there was a way to call media explorer actions from ReaScript as well as some API functionality. I've proposed this in other threads, but this seems like it might be the right place for it.

It would be really nice with this new media explorer stuff to be able to preview files in the same way with the ReaScript API. Something like

reaper.MediaExplorerPreviewStart(filePath)
reaper.MediaExplorerPreviewPause()
reaper.MediaExplorerPreviewStop()

reaper.GetMediaExplorerInfo_Value(parmname)
reaper.SetMediaExplorerInfo_Value(parmname, newvalue)

D_STARTOFFS : double * : preview offset in source media, in seconds
D_VOL : double * : preview volume, 0=-inf, 0.5=-6dB, 1=+0dB, 2=+6dB, etc
D_PLAYRATE : double * : preview playback rate, 0.5=half speed, 1=normal, 2=double speed, etc
D_PITCH : double * : preview pitch adjustment in semitones, -12=one octave down, 0=normal, +12=one octave up, etc
B_PPITCH : bool * : preserve pitch when changing playback rate
B_REPEAT: bool * : playback repeat on/off
I_TEMPOMATCH: int *, 0=Tempo match off, 1=Tempo match on, 2=Tempo match half, 3=Tempo Match double
I_DSTCHAN = int *, index, &1024=mono, otherwise stereo pair, hwout:&512=rearoute, -1 for selected track or first track named "Media Explorer Preview"

I could see this opening up a ton of possibilities for scripts. If an ID was assigned to each file being played back so that multiple files could be played and manipulated at the same time you could make a sampler as well. I would absolutely make something that would take advantage of this if it were possible.

Right now you can open files in Media Explorer but that is a bit limiting. I'd like to be able to playback audio without even having it open, just using the same calls.
nvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:33 AM   #203
HighVoltage

There is a problem curretnly with the Filter and Tags/Favs (6.29)

If i add a Tag or set a File to Favourite, then use the filter, the filtered list won't show the Tags, or the Fav settings.

If i do it the other way around, and do a filter, and then add a Fav setting to a file in the filtered list, the Fav setting will only stay until i change directories or restart Reaper. Then it will be cleared.

Also it would be really great if the filter searched in the Tags field too.
It worked once though, but then i can't replicate it... wtf
HighVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 03:41 AM   #204
Phazma

Any chance we might get "Play through MASTER" as output option at some point?
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 10:09 AM   #205
benmrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
Any chance we might get "Play through MASTER" as output option at some point?
Big +1.
benmrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:36 PM   #206
Javier Robledo

Default Jpg Support

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a way for .Jpg files to appear in Media Explorer ?

I use Media Explorer also for video preview through video Windows, and would be really usefull if we could also do it with main image files.

Thanks
Javier Robledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 03:00 PM   #207
HPS

Hi
Does the media explorer have tempo matching threshold?
I want it to automatically preview loops with tempo match, but not with one shots.
HPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 11:23 PM   #208
BenjyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPS View Post
Hi
Does the media explorer have tempo matching threshold?
I want it to automatically preview loops with tempo match, but not with one shots.
What do you mean by "threshold"?
I'm pretty sure it can't do that yet because it doesn't differentiate one-shots from loops. You have to manually disable tempo matching with the correspoding action(s) for each sample you preview.

I think it could be done via scripting. The way I imagine it would work: you would have metadata in one of the media explorer columns which would contain information whether the sample is a one-shot or a loop. The script would then read that metadata each time the sample is changed and then it would turn tempo-matching on or off.
Old 06-01-2022, 01:22 AM   #209
HPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjyO View Post
What do you mean by "threshold"?
I'm pretty sure it can't do that yet because it doesn't differentiate one-shots from loops. You have to manually disable tempo matching with the correspoding action(s) for each sample you preview.

I think it could be done via scripting. The way I imagine it would work: you would have metadata in one of the media explorer columns which would contain information whether the sample is a one-shot or a loop. The script would then read that metadata each time the sample is changed and then it would turn tempo-matching on or off.
Maybe the length of the sample threshold?
If I'm not mistaken, Bitwig Studio did this, automatically tempo match the lengthy loop samples but not with one shot samples. It's great if Reaper can do this in the future.
HPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 07:46 AM   #210
ovnis

There are lasty lots of changes with media explorer. Could you think we can use it Media explorer like this, now?

custom tags:

ovnis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:37 PM   #211
Embass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Zero View Post
A big Media Explorer niggle and workflow killer..
you can edit colors in theme tweaker
Embass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 07:46 AM   #212
Ben Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embass View Post
you can edit colors in theme tweaker
Thanks so much for this! That's it! Seems like there was something wonky with my custom theme - now fixed! I was obviously totally wrong that this is an issue so have deleted my post.