Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 05-12-2021, 09:32 PM   #1
zxzxzxzx
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper not seeing 64bit plugins

I installed the 64bit version of Reaper. I am running Win 7 64bit. Reaper will not see the 64bit version of Jamstix3.

I cleared the VST paths from Preferences\VST and directed it to where I put the program all by itself.

Why will it not find that plugin?
zxzxzxzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:15 PM   #2
nicholas
Scribe

You don't have both 32 bit and 64 bit in same directory do you? That can be problematic.
nicholas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:24 PM   #3
zxzxzxzx

It is all by itself. Reaper VST preferences are set to look only in that folder. It is a single directory in the path list. I cleared all the other directories from VST scan paths. I tried with and without a trailing slash.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:50 PM   #4
zxzxzxzx

I solved it.

I reinstalled the plugin but set it to install the 32 and 64 bit versions under separate parent folders... Program Files and Program Files(X86).

Is it a problem to have both the 32 and 64 bit version under the same parent directory? I assumed it meant to not have the .dlls stored in the same folder.

I wonder why it wouldn't load when I specified a folder at the top level of C: drive containing only the 64 bit version.

In getting the 64 bit version working it solved a couple of other issues I posted recently.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:07 PM   #5
nicholas
Scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxzxzxzx View Post
I solved it.

I reinstalled the plugin but set it to install the 32 and 64 bit versions under separate parent folders... Program Files and Program Files(X86).

Is it a problem to have both the 32 and 64 bit version under the same parent directory? I assumed it meant to not have the .dlls stored in the same folder.

I wonder why it wouldn't load when I specified a folder at the top level of C: drive containing only the 64 bit version.

In getting the 64 bit version working it solved a couple of other issues I posted recently.
I'm not certain they need to be entirely in separate paths, but it's what I do and it does amke sense. When you think of it, if they are in different sub directories sharing a common parent directory, then they are in a sense ssort of till contained within the same directory.
nicholas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 11:35 PM   #6
zxzxzxzx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
I'm not certain they need to be entirely in separate paths, but it's what I do and it does amke sense. When you think of it, if they are in different sub directories sharing a common parent directory, then they are in a sense ssort of till contained within the same directory.
I got to thinking about that possibility after your post so I gave that try.

Thanks for that mental nudge.