Old 05-12-2021, 05:03 AM   #1
TidyMan
Human being with feelings

Default selection sets Help!

Please help, I can not save or load screen set in the screen/ layouts window.When closing and re-opening Reaper my screens sets are lost and the layout is without my docking layout, pressing alt D does nothing, or brings up just one panel, the load button will not click, nor does save give me a place to save the files. I've tried to search for the files by name, and can't find them anywhere on my PC.
TidyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 08:26 PM   #2
nicholas
Scribe

Difficult to figure out exactly what's going on here, but ...

When you do Options, Show REAPER resource paths are the various files listed there? This should include screensets.ini (which is where Windows screensets are stored)

If you search Explorer it should be in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\REAPER (Windows), where "User" might be a user name.

When you save track view screensets you won't be given a place to store it, just a dialog with several options and a box to type a name for your set. It is saved and stored into the project's .RPP file. Likewise Selection sets.

It seems to me possible that the reason you can't access your track view screensets might be just that you don't have their project open.

Last edited by nicholas; 05-12-2021 at 10:09 PM. Reason: typos
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:16 AM   #3
TidyMan

Default thanks for reply, I 've worked it out (to a degree)

The problem lay at my basic understanding of how it works, as 1-3 sceen selections are assigned to F6-F9, I thought the 4-10 slots were extra variations that, alongside 1-3, could be saved one at a time and loaded into the F6-F9 spaces or any other of the slots, enabling moving slections in and out of the 'key action' slots.Further reasearch seems to say not the case, as you suggest they are saved as a block in reaper config files. It's no longer a problem for me, but I'm still not quite sure how the load button comes into it
Old 05-13-2021, 08:57 AM   #4
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidyMan View Post
It's no longer a problem for me, but I'm still not quite sure how the load button comes into it
If I'm understanding this issue correctly, Load button is there simply to load a selected screenset from the list. IOW, it does the same as double-clicking any of the screensets on the list or using the specific Load key where one is defined.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:25 AM   #5
TidyMan

Default ah! get it now.

You're right, the load button loads those particular selections into your current viewing space, not files saved in a external place. Which , again, is why there are no options as where to save the files.It was a case of me pressuming one thing automatically works like another, thanks for your help.