Old 11-06-2020, 10:33 AM   #1
percy main
Human being with feelings

Default icon platform m+ and Reaper

I'm thinking of getting one of these to use with Reaper so I would like to know if anybody is currently using one and how they are getting on?
I was considering an xtouch but this looks more solid but with less buttons
Would I still be able to use my alphatrack in conjuction with it?
Do you really need to use CSI, drivenbymoss4reaper, klinke to get it to work properly or will it function straight out of the box?
percy main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:12 AM   #2
funkydrum

Default works - except some buttons

Hi,
saw your post by coincidence today only.
Platfom m+ works fine with Reaper in Mackie Controller Mode except:
- zoom buttons
- lock button
- mixer button

I have no idea about the alphatrack, sorry.

So, basic functionality is there, it is solid and it doesn't eat up that much space on my desktop, that's why it is still there.
Transport buttons move cursor to next Marker or Region border, which is quite useful.
I gave up on getting the zoom buttons working with Klinke, Moss etc., which seemed not to be impossible, though.
Honestly, as I use the mouse and especially mouse wheel a lot anyhow, I still move faders mostly by the mouse wheel, too. Thinking it over, this is probably related to the fact, that I don't have the icon screen added (platform D), so for chosing the right fader I have to check with the mixer on the screen anyhow.
I chose this model, as it works well with my touchmix, too, but I wouldn't miss the platform m+ that much, if I had not bought it.
If you go for it, look out for icon platform m+ on youtube, you will find some useful tutorials on how to setup fader speed and one guy (LetiMix) shows how he added a selfmade screen.

cheers Funkydrum
funkydrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 05:07 AM   #3
garck

Default ZOOM in Reaper

I have the Platform M+ and D display. All works well in Reaper except ZOOM & MIXER. Also, the Trans buttons skip to Markers but I actually prefer this as I use Markers a lot.

For the lights to display you need to use MACKIE CONTROL UNIVERSAL, not EXTENDED.

Having the ZOOM work would be a massive benefit though. Surprising it doesn't seeing as it's a standard Mackie control message. D7 / D#7.

Is there anyway to request this from Cockos? I'm quite new to Reaper after decades of Cubase.
garck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 12:25 PM   #4
funkydrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by garck View Post

Is there anyway to request this from Cockos?
Hello Garck,
As far as I can see, Cockos can't do much about it, as the MIDI commands from the Platform m+ don't go through directly - they are interpreted by the driver, which in case of Mackie Control Universal ignores zoom and mixer buttons - but works very well for all other functions of the Platform m+.
I think you would need to ask Mackie to integrate these commands in Mackie Universal Protocol - or, more realisticly use another driver like Klinke or MOSS which can be tweaked according to your needs.
A far more simple work around is to assign additional keys on your keyboard (and / or mouse wheel) for zooming in and out and also to bring up the mixer.

cheers Funkydrum
funkydrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 05:02 PM   #5
garck

No worries, DBMoss works perfectly, vert & horiz scroll, as well as other great extra options. I'm a happy cat thanks to him.
garck is offline   Reply With Quote