Old 10-06-2020, 06:44 PM   #241
hand0music
Human being with feelings

Default Reaticulate + fast notation

I am currently figuring this out.

Requirements: Know how to use Reaticulate, specifically with a Kontakt multipatch instrument. (e.g. patch Flute legato, patch flute staccato, patch flute trills)

Objective: Doing as much notation as possible in Reaper because I am used to it and not Sibelius. I am using Kontakt with multiple patches for each instrument.

Cool things about this:
*Export an almost finished score, with a deeply edited single staff per instrument.
*Articulation notation as fast as: Select all notes, add notation articulation. (it doesnt work for dynamics and other things)

How to:

1. Have one track with Reaticulate and the multipatch Kontakt instrument on it. You need to learn how to configure Reaticulate for this.
2. Divide the notes you enter to this track by using the channel list at the bottom right of the midi editor. For example: In channel 1 enter the notes you desire to be legato, on channel 2 enter the notes you desire to be staccato, etc.
3. At the top of Reaticulate, select the corresponding (i.e. the same number)channel that you chose on step 2 and input.
4. On the midi editor, looking only at the notes of the channel you chose in step number 2, select all notes, go to Reaticulate and apply the desired articulation by right click or double clicking it.

Last edited by hand0music; 10-06-2020 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Improving
hand0music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 02:29 AM   #242
sephirious

Default very high multithread utilization

i want to throw out a trick i just learned.

recently i purchased a 32 core amd threadripper , and ive been dying to use its full potential in reaper. i usually would get it up to 10% or so.

anyway , ive been messing around with the concept of multiple submixes, or multiple masters , each going hardware out to the interface. (for the purpose of multiprocessing)

(not using the master)

using that layout , im getting 60+ % utilization.

its unconventional and ghetto rigged, just thought id share that this is a possibility.

you would have to sum the submixes or use the hardware outs to a recording device

Last edited by sephirious; 01-26-2022 at 02:35 AM. Reason: being more specific
sephirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 06:27 PM   #243
ScuzzyEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephirious View Post
i want to throw out a trick i just learned.

recently i purchased a 32 core amd threadripper , and ive been dying to use its full potential in reaper. i usually would get it up to 10% or so.

anyway , ive been messing around with the concept of multiple submixes, or multiple masters , each going hardware out to the interface. (for the purpose of multiprocessing)

(not using the master)

using that layout , im getting 60+ % utilization.

its unconventional and ghetto rigged, just thought id share that this is a possibility.

you would have to sum the submixes or use the hardware outs to a recording device
I have the same CPU. When I have a chance, I'll have to compare if there's any improvement over what I've been doing. You're on the right track of keeping things separate. If you're combining tracks with effects on the containing folder, you're going to bottle neck where everything comes together. By using multiple outs you're guaranteeing the tracks never come together. But if you do the same inside the project. No effects on the master, and keep as many parts of the song from having to be mixed before additional processing is applied, you can get pretty good multi-core utilization.
ScuzzyEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 01:05 PM   #244
jfog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickMTH View Post
left click on an item and drag to without the other items changing position.
See "Ripple Edit"

BTW this is not the "How do I" section of the REAPER forum.
Old 06-29-2023, 09:07 AM   #245
bolgwrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittary View Post

Ps. Is there a way to copy pngs into the text here? I know Reaper's GUI is dated but does it's forum also have to be? lmao
Open 'Reply' to any post with a picture, you will see how to post a 'cloud' image link; depends on your host. With imgur you have to add the image extension..

[img]LINK URL[/img]
Old 08-10-2023, 12:35 PM   #246
Coachz

Default Extend Midi Item to Time Selection

I got a simple way to extend a midi item and keep the loop property.

Custom: Extend Midi Item to Time Selection
Insert or extend MIDI items to fill time selection
Item: Select item under mouse cursor
Item properties: Loop item source

If you select the item and want to run the action regardless of mouse location you can also do this:

Custom: Extend Midi Item to Time Selection
SWS: Save selected item(s)
Insert or extend MIDI items to fill time selection
SWS: Restore saved selected item(s)
Item properties: Loop item source

Last edited by Coachz; 08-10-2023 at 01:42 PM.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote