Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 05-02-2021, 03:38 PM   #1
Reflected
Human being with feelings

Default Newsonicars Freestyle loading time getting slow after saving presets

hey
the plugin I'm using: https://www.newsonicarts.com/html/freestyle.php

after saving presets for freestyle in reaper's preset manager, its preset file is saved at @

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\presets\

and when the file become bigger than about 6mb, the vst start to load very slow (like few seconds instead of a milisecond.)

is there away to fix this from my side?
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:26 AM   #2
Reflected

At first the loading time was amazingly fast (like 2ms) which is one of the reasons I actually bought it, but after saving some presets in Reaper, the loading is getting slower and slower.

The presets are being saved to a file inside: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\presets\vst-FreestyleFX.ini

when the file is about 23mb, it takes more than 12 seconds to load and while it is loading itself it causes my DAW to freeze... this is impossible to use like this.

for the shake of truth, with other vsts I don't have this problem even if the preset file size is larger than 80mb.

I think my pc is pretty new and strong, so it can't be the reason. i7 9700k cpu @ 3.60GHz 32GB RAM
I also tried this at my second pc which has same specs just with i9. same results.

PLEASE HELPPP
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:39 AM   #3
Skorobagatko

I also have question related to Reaper - Freesyle topic

Look envelope names when I open a project, then I delete one envelope and do ctrl+z, names coming back. How to make it load with proper names?

Reflected, can you test it on your side?

Skorobagatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:46 AM   #4
UknownSource

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
At first the loading time was amazingly fast (like 2ms) which is one of the reasons I actually bought it, but after saving some presets in Reaper, the loading is getting slower and slower.

The presets are being saved to a file inside: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\presets\vst-FreestyleFX.ini

when the file is about 23mb, it takes more than 12 seconds to load and while it is loading itself it causes my DAW to freeze... this is impossible to use like this.

for the shake of truth, with other vsts I don't have this problem even if the preset file size is larger than 80mb.

I think my pc is pretty new and strong, so it can't be the reason. i7 9700k cpu @ 3.60GHz 32GB RAM
I also tried this at my second pc which has same specs just with i9. same results.

PLEASE HELPPP
I can reproduce it too.
It happens only in Reaper so it must be the way Reaper loads it.
UknownSource is offline   Reply With Quote