Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 05-11-2021, 03:46 PM   #1
danielneumann
Human being with feelings

Default make tempo and time signature changes stick to measure numbers when adding time

Hi there,

I’m currently mixing a chamber music piece that was recorded with a click. It has lots of tempo and time signature changes that I’ve all put into the Reaper tempo map according to the score.

I’m now running into an issue when trying to insert 2 extra beats into a 3/4 bar (making it a 5/4 bar), let’s call it bar 39. I want to move everything afterwards up accordingly, incl. items, envelops, markers and most importantly the following measure numbers with all tempo and time signature markers. The tempo/time sig changes should (but currently won't) stay with the respective measure numbers.

What I've tried:
I first make bar 39 a 5/4 bar and then move the region (the rest of the piece) 2 beats over - moving items, envelops and markers. Unfortunately now an additional 2/4 measure is created, then called bar 40, and all of my following tempo changes “hop” one measure number forward, so the tempo change that occurs at m43, now is on m44. They now don’t align with the score and the audio click track any more. How can I do this? Or what setting do I have wrong?

I’ve tried “move region” as well as <right click> “insert empty space in selection”, but the same thing happens. My settings are:
- Timebase for items/envelopes/markers set to Time
- Timebase for tempo/time signature envelope set to Beats
- Move envelope points with items

So my question is - how can I make my tempo and time signature markers stick to the measure numbers when adding time to a measure (and moving everything up)?

Thank you for any insights!
danielneumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:18 PM   #2
MusoBob
Human being with feelings

If you can do a LICEcap of what you are doing might help to see what you need.

MusoBob is offline   Reply With Quote