Old 10-24-2021, 07:22 PM   #1
Flaneurette
Human being with feelings

Default Kontakt NI Access & WiFi

Having Kontakt, I noticed that when WIFI drops, Native Access disconnects and then all Plugins are reverted to back DEMO mode even if I the full version, consequently resulting in audio loss. Usually this is not an issue, but when rendering an hour long of music there was a WiFi drop and then NI Kontakt reverted to DEMO mode, silencing the audio in the render.

Does anyone has a similar issue? and what can be done about it...
Flaneurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 01:00 AM   #2
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneurette View Post
Having Kontakt, I noticed that when WIFI drops, Native Access disconnects and then all Plugins are reverted to back DEMO mode even if I the full version, consequently resulting in audio loss. Usually this is not an issue, but when rendering an hour long of music there was a WiFi drop and then NI Kontakt reverted to DEMO mode, silencing the audio in the render.

Does anyone has a similar issue? and what can be done about it...
Hi Flaneurette, can you explain where WIFI comes into the picture with Kontakt?

It's probably a dumb question, I know computers pretty well but not some of these new gadgets.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 01:15 AM   #3
RobertP

I don't see how the two are connected.
I only connect to the internet when I need to update some progs, NI stuff among them, and do not see this problem.

For a start I would turn wifi off before booting then see what gives.

I can see that Access might show demo if you run it and it cannot access your NI account, but then it will tell you it cannot access the internet. I do not see how it would not give you sound as you have the NI stuff legitimately installed.

I seem to remember that having wifi on can lead to problems in some situations.
Try searching the NI forum for wifi problems.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:50 AM   #4
Flaneurette

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
I don't see how the two are connected.
I only connect to the internet when I need to update some progs, NI stuff among them, and do not see this problem.

For a start I would turn wifi off before booting then see what gives.

I can see that Access might show demo if you run it and it cannot access your NI account, but then it will tell you it cannot access the internet. I do not see how it would not give you sound as you have the NI stuff legitimately installed.

I seem to remember that having wifi on can lead to problems in some situations.
Try searching the NI forum for wifi problems.
I need to have an internet connection, otherwise Kontakt DLL's revert to demo mode. When I turn off my Internet manually, Kontakt revert to DEMO mode and shows a screen: "activate". Very curious... yes I do have a legitimate version. Somehow NI Access checks this through the Internet, but when I have a Wifi drop, it cannot check. Happens sporadically, but rather annoying when rendering a huge file.

Going to try to reinstall and see if it changes anything.
Flaneurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:31 AM   #5
RobertP

Well, that is strange I must say. I have never heard of needing wifi to not have demos.

For me, having wifi on or off, or cable connection plugged or unplugged makes no difference to how Kontakt behaves in Reaper.

My standard behavior is to boot up my pc with everything on - soundcard, midi keyboard, BCF 2000 (but not monitors). Then, if I need to download updates I switch on wifi/plug in for internet connection, open Native Access and let it do it's thing. When it is finished installing I exit it and disconnect internet connection.
I then open Reaper and everything works as I expect.

So, did the same thing happen when you boot up with no internet connection?

I have to say, my knowledge of how these things work is limited so I can only think that you have an unusual setup for it to behave like you describe.

It may help if you describe your setup here in more detail so others would chip in
Old 10-25-2021, 01:50 PM   #6
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneurette View Post
I need to have an internet connection, otherwise Kontakt DLL's revert to demo mode.
Okay, that's what I thought you said.

I go along with Robert, no connection needed.

I suggest checking with NI what might be wrong.

Also this is the NI forum, there is guy there who calls himself "EvilDragon" who is extremely helpful.

https://www.native-instruments.com/f...ms/kontakt.33/
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote