Old 11-20-2023, 04:05 PM   #1
dunego
Human being with feelings

Default Comps to tracks

Now that I have 3 comp tracks selected from several lanes I want to convert this three comps into three regular tracks and get rid of all the lanes mess, there's any way to do it fast ?

I couldn't figure out besides redering one by one into new tracks (that would process the entire project length unnecessarily).

I appreciate your help.
dunego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 04:44 PM   #2
Coachz

What version of Reaper are you running? Are you using fixed item lanes or the older take system? If you're using the fixed item lanes I highly recommend going to YouTube and typing in Reaper fixed item lanes and watch a few videos.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 03:01 AM   #3
smandrap

Show/play only one lane, select the comp lane for play, hide fixed lanes buttons/turn off fixed lanes
Old 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM   #4
bolgwrad

Save the project. Then save (number incremented) new version of the project and glue the lanes you comped, discarding the rest. It's not clear whether your comps are in different lanes on one track (this is possible) or separate tracks. Either way, glue the comps you want in a new project, safest way; though don't delete the project folder contents yet!
Old 11-23-2023, 07:13 PM   #5
dunego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
What version of Reaper are you running? Are you using fixed item lanes or the older take system? If you're using the fixed item lanes I highly recommend going to YouTube and typing in Reaper fixed item lanes and watch a few videos.
Latest version, fixed lanes, and I think you din't get what I'm trying to say.

I have several takes into fixed lanes on a track, 3 comp selection (same track), and want to save this 3 tracks and discard all the lanes. There's no video on youtube on that topic. Everyone use fixed lanes for a single comp, so it's easy. I'm using 3 comps so I already select the lead and two backing vocal tracks. Fast. I can do it like rendering or something, but I'm wondering if there's a fast way to do it.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5m7kb...2ntuapk5t&dl=0
Old 11-23-2023, 07:20 PM   #6
dunego

Quote:
Originally Posted by smandrap View Post
Show/play only one lane, select the comp lane for play, hide fixed lanes buttons/turn off fixed lanes
that's not what I'm talking about. look at the picture below, there's 3 comp tracks, I want to put each one on a separate single regular track, and delete (not hide) everything else.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5m7kb...2ntuapk5t&dl=0
Old 11-23-2023, 07:30 PM   #7
dunego

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolgwrad View Post
Save the project. Then save (number incremented) new version of the project and glue the lanes you comped, discarding the rest. It's not clear whether your comps are in different lanes on one track (this is possible) or separate tracks. Either way, glue the comps you want in a new project, safest way; though don't delete the project folder contents yet!
That's 3 comps on a single track from several fixed lanes. I was able to glue the comps and move them to other tracks one by one. That's the fastest way yet, but still too many clicks and mouse careful moves...
Old 11-24-2023, 02:49 AM   #8
Vagelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunego View Post
That's 3 comps on a single track from several fixed lanes. I was able to glue the comps and move them to other tracks one by one. That's the fastest way yet, but still too many clicks and mouse careful moves...
You can do this with this custom action:

Also there are some other actions to explode lanes or items to tracks, search for "explode lane"
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 07:18 AM   #9
bolgwrad

There are also 'invert selection' actions you could use to delete unwanted items/lanes/tracks.
Old 02-05-2024, 03:18 PM   #10
dunego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagelis View Post
You can do this with this custom action:

Also there are some other actions to explode lanes or items to tracks, search for "explode lane"
That worked. Thank you!