Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2018, 08:43 AM   #11
Ozman
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeb View Post
it's like midi editor! imagine no midi editor existed in reaper. Every midi sequence had to be done in inline midi editor. What would you think of it? it would be very difficult to work with midi when the project get's bigger. With audio it is the same thing.

I'd like to have a non destructive audio editor and audio parts editor because it helps organize and have a faster workflow. Nothing that we can't do already, just much more organized and prepared for lot of editing.

examples:

and warping in ableton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsHnZUGl8yY
One can already make a track take up the whole arrangement view (tilda key?), and we do have dynamic splitting based on a chosen threshold. However, I think that one thing Reaper can do (which I think none other do) is more tightly integrate audio and midi (maybe with the help of ARA2).

Think about it, like that second picture, having the audio waveform as the backdrop and controlling the pitch of the audio with midi. This could be viewable in the midi editor. Also think about how wholesome that would be when editing the midi of that audio item along with other midi items simultaneously, harmonically.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote