Old 03-06-2019, 03:34 AM   #1
pim van dorst
Human being with feelings

Default reapack 64 bit windows

hallo i ve got a slower start up from reaper daw sins i ve installed the last reapack update for windows 64 bit..

is it my computer ore are more people having this problem...

in the start up logo...on booting up reaper i see it hang on reapack64bit...dll
pim van dorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:51 AM   #2
cfillion

How much slower? Which version of Windows (I test on Win10)? If it hangs for some time, please send me a dump file created using the Task Manager while the startup screen is stuck. That should help figure out what it's doing at the time the dump file was generated.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:27 AM   #3
pim van dorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
How much slower? Which version of Windows (I test on Win10)? If it hangs for some time, please send me a dump file created using the Task Manager while the startup screen is stuck. That should help figure out what it's doing at the time the dump file was generated.
hallo its not hanging but it slows down reaper daw start up a lot

i am running it on win 7 pro 64bit

pritty old computer a dell optiplex but did not gave problems before so

its only the first startup ...if i close down reaper and did not shut down my computer the problem is not there..

so i turn on my computer run reaper start up hangs on the reapack dll for some 15 sec
normally it just detects in a flash all dlls

greetings
Old 03-15-2019, 07:10 AM   #4
pim van dorst

Default reapack

Quote:

hallo its the internet connection..was playing ofline had no delay in the start up but with a internet connection it hangs on the sws extention 64 bit dll

greetings

p.s. the last reaper update it worked the first time after that the same it hangs on the internet connection
Old 03-15-2019, 07:17 AM   #5
cfillion

That would be the daily update checks. SWS and REAPER both does it on startup every 24 hours by default (ReaPack doesn't). I don't know why that would suddenly become slower. Maybe try the previous SWS version, in case it helps. http://www.sws-extension.org/downloa...64-install.exe

You could also try manually checking for new versions to see how long that takes (in "About SWS Extension" for SWS and in the Help menu for REAPER).
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:20 AM   #6
pim van dorst

Quote:
That would be the daily update checks. SWS and REAPER both does it on startup every 24 hours by default (ReaPack doesn't). I don't know why that would suddenly become slower. Maybe try the previous SWS version, in case it helps. http://www.sws-extension.org/downloa...64-install.exe

You could also try manually checking for new versions to see how long that takes (in "About SWS Extension" for SWS and in the Help menu for REAPER).
thanks !!! untagged the look for new updates sws

problem gone