Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-14-2019, 01:30 PM   #1
NeonHelix
Human being with feelings

Default How to write to envelopes with midi controller and ReaControlMidi?

I have a Midi track with ReaControlMidi on it. I have followed the tutorial videos to set up 3 envelopes with CC 1, 21, and 72 respectively. I have used the midi learn function to move the slider on my Midi controller and the plugin recognized it, so I clicked learn. I have also learned the CCslider in my VST. I have the track set to Read instead of Trim just to be sure. I have armed the desired envelope I want to control, CC1.

Using the slider to control the VST directly works fine, but then I get the awful block-style CC info in the main media lane. I hated editing these, so I found the ReaControlMidi workaround a few months ago where I could use my faders to write to the envelope instead. This included using a "JS: midi CC eater" plugin on the track so that no CC data was written to the primary track, only the envelope. Well I had to take a break from Reaper for awhile, and I came back this week, and the JS plugin still works fine, and the block-style CCinput with the fader (sans JS plugin) works fine, but I can't get the red line in the CC envelope to move with the fader.

Has something changed in the last few months?
NeonHelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:37 PM   #2
NeonHelix
Human being with feelings

Solution found. "Enable only when track is selected" was checked and the track was not selected. Trying to figure out how to delete this thread now.
NeonHelix is offline   Reply With Quote