Old 06-15-2019, 08:16 AM   #1
Karma180
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper and XR18 only record channel 1 & 2

Hi,

I have an XR-18 connected to a Win10 laptop runner Reaper. I've downloaded and installed X-Air18 USB drive V 5.49. I think I have all the proper routing for the X-Air (I followed the video/printer instructions) BUT I can only get a level from channel 1 and 2 on any track in Reaper. When I go to Reaper/Options/Preferences/devices, on Input I then select "In 1&2 (Behringer x-Air18) ... I've been trying to figure this out for days! I installed/uninstalled the USB driver ... do you think I have a problem with the X18 or with Reaper? How to fix it LOL? Thanks
Karma180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:55 AM   #2
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Are you running the ASIO drivers?
Old 06-15-2019, 10:26 AM   #3
Karma180

Yes, I am ... but when I run the ASIO drivers and select device Input (and output) 1st channel 1 and last channel 18 all is good for selecting and recording tracks, but then I can't hear any playback of previously recorded tracks unless I switch back to Wave, then ASIO only gives me this option IN 1-2 (Behringer x-Air) , and then again (as stated) I can only record from input 1&2 ... This is a pretty whacky situation! : )
Karma180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:51 AM   #4
pipelineaudio
Mortal

I have the M32 which has very similar drivers.

Vern Granger is running the X18 on several very high profile internet shows. Both of us have it running exactly the way it seems like it would.

In reaper's master out, when you are using ASIO, do you have 1 and 2 selected as the outs? And is that whats sending to your speakers?
Old 06-16-2019, 10:32 AM   #5
Kihoalu

I also have an XR-18, and using the printed guide and online vids from Behringer, it was easy-peezy to feed mixer channels 1 to 18 into USB channels 1-18 from the Mixer I/O setup. I used the Behringer driver in my laptop, which if I recall correctly, is an ASIO driver.

Been using it this way for several years... works great!

Remember to review the XR-18 YouTube videos, there is one there that specifically covers recording from that little bitty box.

Good luck, have patience...