Old 01-04-2015, 05:49 PM   #1
DJ Saint-Hubert
Human being with feelings

Default RMS to spl thing

basically it does the same thing a compressor would to figure out the rms value, but instead of using it right away, it stores it to the output channels so you can mess around with it first, and then use it as a sidechain in Reacomp or whatever. For example, since it is a bunch of low frequency mush, using a highpass can alter the sound a lot, as well as notch filters. It seems like there is still /some/ high frequency sound no matter what? I also put in a wet/dry control so you can try mixing peak with rms or multiple rms'ses if you want. But yeah you can do anything with the rms that you could a sidechain, EQ/distortion, whatever. Not saying it'll be useful in some cases but basically you're playing around with the average power/energy of the sound? Which I would think could have some interesting effects.

I think I got a good effect by running the effect, hipassing then running it again, but I'll have to try it out again

Edit: obviously adapted from DVCJS2 if you look at the code
Attached Files
File Type: txt convert to rms.txt (2.5 KB, 174 views)
DJ Saint-Hubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:52 PM   #2
DJ Saint-Hubert

ha I'm actually experimenting with SMR now (square mean root), basically the opposite of RMS. I'm hoping it will have its own sound (I'm guessing maybe it works well with oversampling?) If there are any worthwhile results I'll let you guys know
DJ Saint-Hubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:34 PM   #3
aajamilkhan

it stores it to the output channels so you can mess around with it first,
Our complete set of ccnp test test questions and 000-118 study guides you in exact way so you will pass your real 300-209 - pass-4sure exam & comptia security plus with flying colors of mcsa training.
aajamilkhan is offline   Reply With Quote