Old 09-18-2017, 02:27 PM   #4041
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
Stripper community will figured all out.. i have no doubt!

new one, all audio ..
have to start to work but can't resist to create test projects over and over and..
so much fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Jf...ature=youtu.be

did i say today's Thank you so0Oo much!

EDIT:
still digging but couldn't find anything so far..
whats new to test in the latest?
aha - nothing major - just small bars that allow vertical expansion/shrinking of the strip/fx/tr param and graphics edit panels on the sidebar. Something I've been meaning to add for ages.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:35 PM   #4042
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
aha - nothing major - just small bars that allow vertical expansion/shrinking of the strip/fx/tr param and graphics edit panels on the sidebar. Something I've been meaning to add for ages.
oh my old eyes.. that was obvious .. to me also very useful.. Thanks!

EDIT:

kind a off topic Q.
even might be a little stpd.. i just want to be sure:
is Stripper (Take Switcher) needs / stores the file paths?.. i mean files in the takes..
or this is totally Reaper's job?

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-19-2017 at 03:52 AM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:14 AM   #4043
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
oh my old eyes.. that was obvious .. to me also very useful.. Thanks!

EDIT:

kind a off topic Q.
even might be a little stpd.. i just want to be sure:
is Stripper (Take Switcher) needs / stores the file paths?.. i mean files in the takes..
or this is totally Reaper's job?
Totally Reaper's job. All the Take Switcher does is sets which take is active (via an index number).
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:22 AM   #4044
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Totally Reaper's job. All the Take Switcher does is sets which take is active (via an index number).
we can re arrange the paths as we need then...
that's cool!
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:24 AM   #4045
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
we can re arrange the paths as we need then...
that's cool!
I guess so - as long as Reaper doesn't lose track of any take. If the takes get reordered - then it will obviously mess up any snapshots made with the take switcher. So just be careful not to do anything that would rearrange the order of the takes in the item. You *should* be able to add new takes at the end without affecting snapshots though.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:32 AM   #4046
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
I guess so - as long as Reaper doesn't lose track of any take. If the takes get reordered - then it will obviously mess up any snapshots made with the take switcher. So just be careful not to do anything that would rearrange the order of the takes in the item. You *should* be able to add new takes at the end without affecting snapshots though.
not the take re ordering (ill never do that)
but i was worrying about what if i change the directory path thingy..
which i do time to time.. collecting in a different location after i backup them.

one thing left to test
see if Reaper messing with the take order when directory change.
i absolutely don't think so but just to be sure 100 %


EDIT:

about Strip Set and Rex files (i posted one of my edits ..one page earlier ..doesn't matter anyway..)

seems its belongs to Reaper..
because i just tried to save and load same rex files as Track Template..
they only works/sync with the tempo that i saved them
when i enter new tempo, all rex files goes out of sync.
so it wasn't Strip Set issue
just want to share & sorry.

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-19-2017 at 11:34 AM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #4047
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
not the take re ordering (ill never do that)
but i was worrying about what if i change the directory path thingy..
which i do time to time.. collecting in a different location after i backup them.

one thing left to test
see if Reaper messing with the take order when directory change.
i absolutely don't think so but just to be sure 100 %


EDIT:

about Strip Set and Rex files (i posted one of my edits ..one page earlier ..doesn't matter anyway..)

seems its belongs to Reaper..
because i just tried to save and load same rex files as Track Template..
they only works/sync with the tempo that i saved them
when i enter new tempo, all rex files goes out of sync.
so it wasn't Strip Set issue
just want to share & sorry.
I assume you have set project timebase for items to Time (rather than Beats)? If left on Beats - that's the only thing I can think of that would have any affect on positioning of the items.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #4048
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
I assume you have set project timebase for items to Time (rather than Beats)? If left on Beats - that's the only thing I can think of that would have any affect on positioning of the items.

hmmm


this is my default and waves & oggs just fine
also not just positioning the (Rex) items, Sync to tempo also off in that track template..
what i did is..
-canceled all items "loop" function ..
-rex files disappeared then i extend the left side of them to see the content ..
and yes they was there..
-re positioned them and re activated the item loops ..
anyway, seems all fine now..

latest finding ..not so often but i get "Empty Lane" while Take Randomize

i hope vid. will explain
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...WNPTjNEV1p1MFk

EDIT:
forgot my motto
absolutely nothing urgent/important!

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-19-2017 at 01:12 PM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:19 PM   #4049
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
hmmm


this is my default and waves & oggs just fine
also not just positioning the (Rex) items, Sync to tempo also off in that track template..
what i did is..
-canceled all items "loop" function ..
-rex files disappeared then i extend the left side of them to see the content ..
and yes they was there..
-re positioned them and re activated the item loops ..
anyway, seems all fine now..

latest finding ..not so often but i get "Empty Lane" while Take Randomize

i hope vid. will explain
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...WNPTjNEV1p1MFk

EDIT:
forgot my motto
absolutely nothing urgent/important!
Well - when changing master tempo - in a normal project i always first set to Time mode. But I don't really see this making much difference to this type of project as all the items are lined up to begin with.

I'll look into the empty lane issue - not noticed this yet myself. Is it just with randomizing? or does a saved snapshot recall incorrectly?
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:28 PM   #4050
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Well - when changing master tempo - in a normal project i always first set to Time mode. But I don't really see this making much difference to this type of project as all the items are lined up to begin with.

I'll look into the empty lane issue - not noticed this yet myself. Is it just with randomizing? or does a saved snapshot recall incorrectly?
Thanks, a few things in mind to try
but since they start to work, i don't worry anymore

about empty line,
didn't noticed any Snapshot recall problem yet,
its just with the Randomize so far i tried.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #4051
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
Thanks, a few things in mind to try
but since they start to work, i don't worry anymore

about empty line,
didn't noticed any Snapshot recall problem yet,
its just with the Randomize so far i tried.
Thinking about it anyway - pretty sure I added code a few weeks back to switch to time mode when loading a strip set - as we had to change the tempo to what it was saved as in order to keep everything aligned.

maybe that's not working properly yet (it seemed to be working when we tested it though).
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:10 PM   #4052
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Thinking about it anyway - pretty sure I added code a few weeks back to switch to time mode when loading a strip set - as we had to change the tempo to what it was saved as in order to keep everything aligned.

maybe that's not working properly yet (it seemed to be working when we tested it though).
yes it was working well and i believe still it is!
in this case only the rex files get messed ..
i will test with the a few combination i can think of..
to see if i can narrow down to actual cause.

EDIT:
after two quick tests

seems Rex and Acidized wave files problematic with the Strip Set
i tried also with ogg files (which is most of my library uses this format) and they works with no problem..
plus, didn't test yet but i think regular waves also will work without this issue..

not sure of course but it seems Metadata thingy to me

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-19-2017 at 03:36 PM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:50 AM   #4053
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
yes it was working well and i believe still it is!
in this case only the rex files get messed ..
i will test with the a few combination i can think of..
to see if i can narrow down to actual cause.

EDIT:
after two quick tests

seems Rex and Acidized wave files problematic with the Strip Set
i tried also with ogg files (which is most of my library uses this format) and they works with no problem..
plus, didn't test yet but i think regular waves also will work without this issue..

not sure of course but it seems Metadata thingy to me
Does it also happen with basic track templates?
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 01:53 AM   #4054
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default controls & graphics update

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Does it also happen with basic track templates?
there is no problem with the track templates ..
actually about 30 mins i was trying to reproduce
but seems Acidized wave files also loads just fine..
only the Rex files get messed in the Strip Set so far
vid.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...mQ4WnM5LWJlMHc


will continue to test tonight.


EDIT:
tested a few times more
Track templates has no problem

and seems only Rex files has problem with the Strip Set
yesterday probably i missed something because Acidized waves also works fine with Strip Set so far.

EDIT2:
controls & graphics update
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2068

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-21-2017 at 03:36 PM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:19 AM   #4055
Spurk
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
cheers <3
also for all your report!
Spurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:18 AM   #4056
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurk View Post
cheers <3
also for all your report!
Cheers
just updated (upd2) with a few new ones..same link
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2068

timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 02:28 PM   #4057
Spurk
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 126
Default

cheers
Spurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:38 PM   #4058
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default Controls & Graphics Update

Hi there,
a few more knobs..
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2068

and latest..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY0QFfKMgTk

8 days-too quiet ..i am also busy but this is unacceptable
how's going on .. is all good?

EDIT:
ok a crazy news from me
decided to record one of the old UGG snapshots
(420 snapshots x 32 bars first 16 bars will be trashed) to wave loops..
current snapshot 230 and took 3 hours 50 mins so far ..



Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-26-2017 at 10:41 AM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:03 PM   #4059
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
Hi there,
a few more knobs..
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2068

and latest..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY0QFfKMgTk

8 days-too quiet ..i am also busy but this is unacceptable
how's going on .. is all good?

EDIT:
ok a crazy news from me
decided to record one of the old UGG snapshots
(420 snapshots x 32 bars first 16 bars will be trashed) to wave loops..
current snapshot 230 and took 3 hours 50 mins so far ..


Sounds awesome - how about making something with them and letting us hear it?? (perhaps not all 3 hours 50 minutes though

I'm here - all good. Been busy with some boring overhauling of the look and feel of the script (all optional of course).



Graphics interface items are generally skinnable (as they are in current version - just don't think many people have bothered fiddling due to fixed font colours etc) - but also now fonts/font sizes/colours etc can also be changed for the skin.

Not quite ready yet - a few more days maybe.

Then I'll get back onto things like the more advance randomization and other things I've been procrastinating about

Also - hadn't noticed you post the edit - as i don't get notified by email of edits.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:33 PM   #4060
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Sounds awesome - how about making something with them and letting us hear it?? (perhaps not all 3 hours 50 minutes though
ok it will be 7 hours +.. when finish
5 hours 47 mins and counting..
joking apart..
i am planning create a loop library to use with (obvious) Take Switchers..
i can instantly send via Wetransfer if you want them.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
I'm here - all good. Been busy with some boring overhauling of the look and feel of the script (all optional of course).
boring ?...this looks absolutely wonderful!!
take all the time you want.

ill create new post if there is no post over 3 days then
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:55 PM   #4061
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
i am planning create a loop library to use with (obvious) Take Switchers..
i can instantly send via Wetransfer if you want them.
That's a great idea (loop library).

Like you said to me - take your time - no hurry - but will definitely be interested when it's ready

The new skin selecting ability in Stripper is practically ready. I thought today of a few issues that will possibly happen on very large displays (2k/4k) - but as long as the script window is limited to 2048x2048 - docked snapshot and mod windows will still work. I'll probably have to add a simple limit to the size they can be.

I think this will be an issue already for such large displays - as I don't think I'm currently limiting the resize of these windows anyway - but won't be hard to fix.

Wish I had a 4k monitor to test it on... One day - when they drop in price I guess!!

Those that are currently using 4k screens - hopefully being able to increase font sizes will help a bit. However - currently - the actual button elements are still fixed in size. I'm toying with the the idea of making the button sizes changeable - as currently it would mess up the display. This update won't fix this - but a future one hopefully will (will need to do another overhaul of the object layout data - but should not be too difficult - just a LOT of work). It's on the radar.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:24 PM   #4062
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

I've decided it's good to go. I'm sure you'll tell me of any problems or things I might have missed.

To use the new skin - simply download the Alt_Skins.zip - and unpack the contents into the LBXCS_resources/skins/ folder

Please ensure the folder structure is kept intact - all the graphics files should remain in a folder called LBX_Dark - so it is this LBX_Dark folder that should go in the skins folder (alongside the original LBXDEF folder).

Hope that's clear

Then in settings - choose the new skin from the option at the bottom.

Hope it all works ok - any issues - I will sort out tomorrow

It should still all work ok with the old skin - please let me know of any problems.

Oh - one thing I've thought of - at the moment - you will not be able to revert to the old skin once you've selected the new skin - without renaming the folder. This is because of a missing file in the old skin folder required in order for it to be picked up by the skin selector.

You can switch back by simply renaming or deleting the new skins folder. I will update the Alt_skins.zip file in a minute to include the LBXDEF with the required file to allow to switch back

... ok updated. If you downloaded the alt_skins.zip file before this message was posted - please re-download the latest alt_skins.zip file and install as before.

EDIT: The new skins feature probably isn't completely finished yet - but I should be able to simply make additional tweaks when required without breaking anything (famous last words!).
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:41 PM   #4063
ThrashJazzAssassin
Human being with feelings
 
ThrashJazzAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 353
Default

Working for me It's beautiful. Thank you.
__________________
TJA MIDI JSFX | REAPER-OSC-panels | erthoide
ThrashJazzAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:10 PM   #4064
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default

uploading a simple loop library test video & disc bouncing the project
will test in a few minutes... very excited to see!

EDIT:
vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcYg...ature=youtu.be

& 1.86 gigs loops (and the project in the vid.) on the way...
there is some duplicates and terrible ones ..but decided to not remove
hope you like/use them

EDIT2:

i love the new look and menu tweak!
Thank you so much!

EDIT3:
modulators right click wonderful bonus

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-26-2017 at 04:54 PM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:32 PM   #4065
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashJazzAssassin View Post
Working for me It's beautiful. Thank you.
Thanks - no problem. Well I'm still not a graphics designer - and my laptop screen has a blueish tint to it - but hopefully it looks ok on most displays (obviously for those preferring a darker theme).

Hopefully someone better than me will come up with some alternatives sometime.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:37 PM   #4066
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
uploading a simple loop library test video & disc bouncing the project
will test in a few minutes... very excited to see!

EDIT:
vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcYg...ature=youtu.be

& 1.86 gigs loops (and the project in the vid.) on the way...
there is some duplicates and terrible ones ..but decided to not remove
hope you like/use them

EDIT2:

i love the new look and menu tweak!
Thank you so much!

EDIT3:
modulators right click wonderful bonus
Thank you. Will check out your vid later - and download the files tonight.

Glad you like the menu tweak. I never really liked the old way (which is still there if you shrink the sidebar so it's too small to work with the new tweak). It wasn't so intuitive. I guess it's still not intuitive as the LIVE button needs clicking on to go to EDIT mode still - but I think most people have worked that out now. But having more instant access to more of the buttons is always an improvement.

Haha - the modulators right-click - didn't even realise it worked for floating window. I added it for the docked version and originally meant to just for that. I shall leave it as is if it works properly.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:14 PM   #4067
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Thank you. Will check out your vid later - and download the files tonight.

Glad you like the menu tweak. I never really liked the old way (which is still there if you shrink the sidebar so it's too small to work with the new tweak). It wasn't so intuitive. I guess it's still not intuitive as the LIVE button needs clicking on to go to EDIT mode still - but I think most people have worked that out now. But having more instant access to more of the buttons is always an improvement.

Haha - the modulators right-click - didn't even realise it worked for floating window. I added it for the docked version and originally meant to just for that. I shall leave it as is if it works properly.
bonus works, i didn't noticed any problem so far ..
there was new update should we start egg hunting ?

about loops
i convert them to lossless also (almost half size & uploading wetransfer right now)
so you can pick which one you want.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:20 PM   #4068
kotsaris
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 58
Default

Hi and thanks for the great script!
I'm trying to figure out about the program changes for Nebula libraries.
I find it quite confusing.
Is there any shared list of program numbers for global use?
kotsaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:58 PM   #4069
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotsaris View Post
Hi and thanks for the great script!
I'm trying to figure out about the program changes for Nebula libraries.
I find it quite confusing.
Is there any shared list of program numbers for global use?
Hi kotsaris,

haha - well i had to remind myself somewhat as it's been ages since I added that feature.

Each install of Nebula has it's own set of program numbers from what I remember. So there's no global list available.

But - I think this is how it works:

If you plan on sharing your creations - you need to first go into Stripper settings (shortcut - ?) - then choose the scanboot location option and locate the ~scanboot.xml file in your Nebula repository folder (in n4repository->setups folder in my install).

Load an instance of ReaControlMIDI onto a track.
Load an instance of Nebula on a track.

Then - in Stripper:

Go to EDIT MODE - Track (Track Param mode). Go to Other Controls.

Add a ReaControlMIDI switch control to the strip (make sure your stripper is on the track you have the plugins loaded on).

Now - go into FX edit mode. Click and hold the RCM plugin name in the fx plugin list - and when the square box appears - drag this onto the RCM switch control on the strip. This will assign the RCM plugin to the RCM switch control.

Then - deselect the RCM switch control (click in blank space) - so no controls are selected.

Right-click the RCM switch control to bring up the dedicated RCM switch menu (still in edit mode).

Now you can use the Add Program (Nebula) option to add any program numbers to the switch that you want. You have to manually enter a name to identify the program - and enter the program number as indicated for the program in Nebula (in N3 - it's next to the program name in small digits, in N4 you can find the program numbers in the Finder).

Add all the program numbers you require for the switch.

Then simply switch back to LIVE mode in Stripper - and click on the RCM switch to select the programs.


That works fine for a single instance of Nebula on a track.

To work with multiple instances - I think you have to alter the midi buss for each pair of RCM and Nebula plugins (otherwise you'll end up setting each plugin to the same program). Although you may be able to keep all on MIDI BUS 1, but set each RCM plugin to ignore midi input - thus preventing the program change messages filtering through to the next instance of Nebula. In this case - each instance of Nebula should be immediately preceded by the RCM plugin that is associated with it.

I cannot remember all of this really well - but my quick test suggests this is how it works! Hopefully RJHollins might show up - as he's used this feature much more than me and hopefully has a better memory as to how it works (and can put me right if anything I've said is wrong).

Let me know how it goes

It seems confusing and convoluted - and it is a bit - but once you've done it a few times - it is pretty straightforward. Until I work out an easier way of getting it working...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 09-27-2017 at 02:05 PM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:00 PM   #4070
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
bonus works, i didn't noticed any problem so far ..
there was new update should we start egg hunting ?

about loops
i convert them to lossless also (almost half size & uploading wetransfer right now)
so you can pick which one you want.
The update was actually a few bug fixes for the macro edit mode - I stumbled on a crash under certain circumstances - and I'd completely forgotten to make it work better with the new skin. There are probably other area's I've not yet got round to making work well too - so will fix as I find them.

Thanks for the loops - downloading now...

EDIT:

Listening through - they are great! Will be very useful - thank you again (A free 424 original loop library - awesome). I shall enjoy using them when I eventually get time away from programming Stripper updates!! Looking forward to some crazy bonkers techno creations
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal

Last edited by lb0; 09-27-2017 at 02:41 PM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:19 PM   #4071
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
The update was actually a few bug fixes for the macro edit mode - I stumbled on a crash under certain circumstances - and I'd completely forgotten to make it work better with the new skin. There are probably other area's I've not yet got round to making work well too - so will fix as I find them.

Thanks for the loops - downloading now...

EDIT:

Listening through - they are great! Will be very useful - thank you again (A free 424 original loop library - awesome). I shall enjoy using them when I eventually get time away from programming Stripper updates!! Looking forward to some crazy bonkers techno creations
great, i really glad you liked them..
planning also export all old manipulator snapshots but will take a while to accomplish
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:20 PM   #4072
RJHollins
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,355
Default

"To work with multiple instances - I think you have to alter the midi buss for each pair of RCM and Nebula plugins (otherwise you'll end up setting each plugin to the same program). Although you may be able to keep all on MIDI BUS 1, but set each RCM plugin to ignore midi input - thus preventing the program change messages filtering through to the next instance of Nebula. In this case - each instance of Nebula should be immediately preceded by the RCM plugin that is associated with it."

I had to go back and check this ... and this is correct. Just select the MIDI menu. Select INPUT menu, and check Disable.

I agree, the explanation sounds more involved than it really is.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:38 AM   #4073
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
"To work with multiple instances - I think you have to alter the midi buss for each pair of RCM and Nebula plugins (otherwise you'll end up setting each plugin to the same program). Although you may be able to keep all on MIDI BUS 1, but set each RCM plugin to ignore midi input - thus preventing the program change messages filtering through to the next instance of Nebula. In this case - each instance of Nebula should be immediately preceded by the RCM plugin that is associated with it."

I had to go back and check this ... and this is correct. Just select the MIDI menu. Select INPUT menu, and check Disable.

I agree, the explanation sounds more involved than it really is.
Thanks for confirming RJ - it does require quite a specific method to get it working - but it seems to work solidly and only takes maybe a minute to set up when you know what you're doing...
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:08 AM   #4074
kotsaris
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 58
Default

Thank you lbo for your excellent instructions!You are right.After a while it seems easier to understand.
I will try with multiple instances also,if it works.
Also,I need to make a database of all programs for better access.
kotsaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:41 AM   #4075
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotsaris View Post
Thank you lbo for your excellent instructions!You are right.After a while it seems easier to understand.
I will try with multiple instances also,if it works.
Also,I need to make a database of all programs for better access.
You're welcome. Any further questions or suggestions - let me know.
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:10 AM   #4076
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default

-deleted-
wasn't just a double post .. seems also obvious brain frt moment

Last edited by timbralzoom; 02-28-2018 at 06:11 AM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:10 AM   #4077
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default

offtopic,
there is something free if someone interested

https://www.eventideaudio.com/promo/...ocate_giveaway
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:25 AM   #4078
lb0
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
offtopic,
there is something free if someone interested

https://www.eventideaudio.com/promo/...ocate_giveaway
Yep - obtained my free license to this a number of days back (when I noticed it on GS). Haven't downloaded or tried it yet - but it does look great!!
__________________
Projects - Reascripts - Lua:
LBX Stripper | LBX Chaos Engine | LBX Floating FX Positioner | LBX SRD Smart Knobs
Donate via Paypal
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:56 AM   #4079
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings
 
timbralzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Turkey/Istanbul
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Yep - obtained my free license to this a number of days back (when I noticed it on GS). Haven't downloaded or tried it yet - but it does look great!!
also seems all parameters automatable ..ready to capture!

btw.
99 new loops ready what should i do?

half fun half in use type:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85aM...ature=youtu.be

EDIT:
joking apart, loops and project sent.

Last edited by timbralzoom; 09-28-2017 at 10:35 AM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:14 PM   #4080
Arthur McArthur
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 447
Default

The new look is beautiful! Working great over here. One workflow request would be a way to drag in the same control for all/many plugins, ie dragging in all of the bypass controls at one time. Would save me quite a bit of time.

New strip:

https://stash.reaper.fm/31724/Upside%20Down.sharestrip

Upside down: for turning your sounds, and your frown, upside down. Another, far crazier, multi-fx strip with frequency splitting and internal routing randomization. Using JSFX, airwindows, and A1 trigger gate (thanks Timbral.) Lots of fun on melody and percussion.

I just sold a track I made with stripper and randomize and it would not have sounded the same at all without it, so I just sent you a donation as a token of my appreciation.

Last edited by Arthur McArthur; 09-28-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.