Old 01-03-2005, 02:40 PM   #1
kbh
Human being with feelings

Default How do you use Jesusonic?

I use the jesusonic like this: usually my les paul special direct to the line in of my PC which runs the jesusonic software, to my digitech valveFX processor ( used primarily for EQ when using the jesusonic ) to a Fender blues junior amp.
One thing i would like to see for the jesusonic is some EQ "effects" for controlling my sound alot better, then i can ditch the valve FX.
whats your setup with the jesusonic like?
kbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 02:42 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbh
I use the jesusonic like this: usually my les paul special direct to the line in of my PC which runs the jesusonic software, to my digitech valveFX processor ( used primarily for EQ when using the jesusonic ) to a Fender blues junior amp.
One thing i would like to see for the jesusonic is some EQ "effects" for controlling my sound alot better, then i can ditch the valve FX.
You can try using (one or more instances of) the parametric EQ to equalize the sound how you like, too...

But me, I just usually do guitar->rolls db25->motu 896->computer->motu 896->monitors
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #3
cryptomail

Default Line-6 works flawlessly

I use the line 6 Guitar Port (http://www.line6.com) with the ASIO drivers provided by them.
It works flawlessly.
I run the output to the line 6 to a set of computer speakers, which I guess could be better, but hell, it works.
The line6 software while pretty oggly and cush is not where things should be.
JESUSONIC is where it's at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbh

Last edited by cryptomail; 01-03-2005 at 03:23 PM. Reason: more specific on rig
cryptomail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 04:02 PM   #4
MrFoo

Default Simply...

Since I've only been playing for a little while, I don't hav emuch fancy equipment, so I've just got my guitar plugged into the line-in of my soundcard, and outputting straight onto headphones.

I found the latency using waveOut/DirectSound to be completely unworkable, and dropping the buffers made it sound awful, and Kernel Streaming just came up with an error (I have 2 soundcards, one on the MoBo, and an SB PCI jobbie, could that be a problem?) but then I stumbled upon: http://michael.tippach.bei.t-online.de/asio4all/ which seems to work really well, and has the delay down to just 11ms, which seems to be doing the job perfectly so far.

I'v enot had much time to mess around with it much yet though, so it could come completely unstuck in the near future...

Last edited by MrFoo; 01-03-2005 at 04:31 PM.
MrFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 04:52 AM   #5
roo

Default ASIO4ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFoo
but then I stumbled upon: http://michael.tippach.bei.t-online.de/asio4all/ which seems to work really well, and has the delay down to just 11ms, which seems to be doing the job perfectly so far.
Thanks. That's just what I had been looking for. To quote from the site, ASIO4ALL is "the universal ASIO driver for WDM audio" and "is free for the end user". It's a perfect partner to Jesusonic (which rocks by the way). I've been using it under XP without any problems.

Incidently, the page mentions that the long URL used above is going away soon, but that http://www.asio4all.com/ will continue to work.
roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 05:55 AM   #6
toqer

If you guys are looking for ASIO/low latency support for your SB Live-Audidgy cards there's also the KX drivers.

http://www.kxproject.com/
toqer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 06:38 AM   #7
root02

Quote:
Originally Posted by toqer
If you guys are looking for ASIO/low latency support for your SB Live-Audidgy cards there's also the KX drivers.

http://www.kxproject.com/
I'm running the kX drivers for my audigy presently, and while ASIO works for output, I haven't been able to use with Jesusonic - it doesn't show any input devices.
Kinda weird, but then, I've been getting a lot of that lately...

[root@your.box /]# logoff
root02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 07:14 AM   #8
toqer

None of that?

Also might wanna make sure you have prolog inputs mapped to ASIO on the epilog on the DSP. See attatched picture.
Attached Images
File Type: gif kxdsp.GIF (28.6 KB, 940 views)

Last edited by toqer; 01-04-2005 at 07:30 AM.
toqer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:39 AM   #9
rabit

Here is my extremely minimalistic DSP routing for the Kx drivers. This has generally worked well for me and gives plenty of free DSP overhead to work with EMU effects code in Kx alongside Jesusonic.

.rabit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kxdsp.jpg (30.3 KB, 922 views)
rabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:00 AM   #10
root02

Yeah, I get absolutely nothing in the input boxes when kX ASIO is selected.

I didn't think about the DSP routing however, never had to mess with it before.
I'll check that when i get home.

Thanks!

[root@your.box /]# logoff
root02 is offline   Reply With Quote