Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 01-18-2020, 08:26 PM   #1
EManBass
Human being with feelings

Default TCP/MCP track selection follow each other on screen

Hi all,

Ever since the glorious update to Reaper 6 I've had tons of successes and a couple of issues adapting and improving my workflow. One of issues, and it probably is the simplest thing, is that when I'm in a large project and I select a track on the TCP or MCP view, the other view also gets selected, but it doesn't scroll to it. In other words: if I'm viewing tracks 1-12 on both views because of how they are sized and displayed, and then I scroll all the way down on the TCP and select track 64, the MCP selection will, of course, also be on track 64, but the whole MCP view will not "scroll" by itself to show me track 64. I, instead, have to scroll manually to track 64 on the MCP view if I want to do something there.

It was working fine on my last version 5, but it's not doing it here. Anybody knows what I'm missing? I'm sure it's just a box that is unchecked or something. Thanks a ton!
EManBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:26 PM   #2
xpander

Right-click over the Mixer tab and check from the menu if you have Scroll view when tracks activated is selected.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:38 PM   #3
EManBass

I finally got home after travelling all around, but yeah, that did it! I knew it had to be something really simple. Thanks a ton!

For those who arrive here looking for the same solution, you gotta click on the empty space of the mixer view, not on a channel or any section of a channel. If you, like me in this case, don't have any empty space because you're fiddling with way too many tracks/channels:
- If you have the mixer on the docker, either floating docker or attached to the main window, right-click on the Mixer tab at the bottom of the docker. There, you will find that option.
- If you have the mixer floating but NOT on the docker, just right click on the top bar of the mixer window, where the window-close button is, and where the thumbtack of the mixer is. Your scroll option is right there.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:14 PM   #4
soundslikejeremy

Default The fix didn't work for me

Hello, I'm bumping this old thread in hopes someone can help me out. I am having this same issue, I found the "Scroll View When Tracks Activated" option, and it was already activated. I tried deactivating, clicking around in the MCP, then I turned it back on. The MCP still will not follow. It just sits there while I'm like 20 tracks down the line. Any suggestions on where I should go from here?
soundslikejeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 01:07 PM   #5
Ramirez

Here's a bump...

I'm having the same problem.

I have set up to zoom in the TCP on selected track. When I select a track in the mixer, the timeline automatically zooms in on that track as desire, but this doesn't work when I select a track via a control surface (Alphatrack and Console 1)
Ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 03:38 AM   #6
yophio

Same here with console 1! MCP follows my selection but TCP doesn't.
yophio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 06:59 AM   #7
Jazzooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Right-click over the Mixer tab and check from the menu if you have Scroll view when tracks activated is selected.
Thanks for this, just saved some precious time of puzzling around the menus and manuals!
Old 12-03-2023, 01:55 PM   #8
lesfuller

Default TCP/MCP track selection follow each other on screen

Old thread but if anyone is having the same problem still as I was, I just noticed that one track in TCP would not auto focus/link in MCP, but the other tracks would. I had the 'Fixed item lanes' ticked on the track that wouldn't sync with MCP - doh!
lesfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 08:00 PM   #9
bmanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yophio View Post
Same here with console 1! MCP follows my selection but TCP doesn't.
This is still an issue.. haven't been able to fix it. Anybody know how I could get this working?

If I select a track in the MCP with the mouse, then the TCP follows and the track is seen in the arrangement view.. but if I select a track on the console one, MCP will follow correctly (it will shift the view so that the track can be seen if it was off screen) but not the TCP.

Any help would be immensely appreciated!
bmanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 04:50 PM   #10
EManBass

Hi all,

OP here. I'm sorry I cannot be of more help to those having issues with external hardware getting to perform this option correctly. I actually have had my own amount of frustration working with controllers. In my case, selecting tracks from a controller wouldn't omit hidden ones, and it also wouldn't omit collapsed folder children tracks (which I understand better than the former case). I know you can make it so all folder tracks are to the left of the project, but I like having all children tracks right next to them.