Old 01-24-2021, 03:47 AM   #41
X-Raym
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTbone View Post
Those preferences have no effect on the IDE "Open in external editor" button.
Hmmm this allowed to me to have an Open in Sublime Text and Open in Atom menu entry for lua script in action list, but maybe it is not exactly what you need.

----

Quote:
+ VST: add option to not scan for new/updated plug-ins on startup

I have deactivated it but I still can see some scanning ?
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 04:03 AM   #42
vsgrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
If using the Catalina build, there's an issue that should be fixed in 6.21 (6.21rc1 is available in the prerelease forum, perhaps you want to give that a test)? Alternatively you can go to preferences/plug-ins/ReWire and disable the first checkbox ("ReWire mixer support") which should prevent this particular crash.
Thanks, everything seems fine now.
vsgrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 04:09 AM   #43
vsgrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr3eM View Post
I can't put it in words how much I appreciate this:
+ Mouse modifiers: add modifier to move item loop section contents respecting snap
Hi DAW Man!

Is this different from the "Xenakios/SWS: Loop and play selected items" action?

I use that all the time, for example selecting one or several media items and hitting the hotkey, and it automatically loops that section. Is it just one step less by being able to do that with the mouse? I'm not sure i understand the mouse modifier sentence.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:25 AM   #44
Kr3eM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsgrt View Post
Hi DAW Man!

Is this different from the "Xenakios/SWS: Loop and play selected items" action?

I use that all the time, for example selecting one or several media items and hitting the hotkey, and it automatically loops that section. Is it just one step less by being able to do that with the mouse? I'm not sure i understand the mouse modifier sentence.
No it's not the same.
What it is doing is letting you move the loop start and end points (the loop region) in a file.

As an example, if you have 4 bar item and loop it to play the second bar, you can with this function move the looped region within the file and set it to play another bar, or any other part/section you choose while still maintaining the same loop lenght. As it respects the snap function it will maintain in sync (depending on snap settings, the item must be matched to the project tempo to beginn with).
Kr3eM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:49 PM   #45
EpicSounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
Hmmm this allowed to me to have an Open in Sublime Text and Open in Atom menu entry for lua script in action list, but maybe it is not exactly what you need.
I tried to get .jsfx plugin to open in Notepad++ and normal notepad.exe opens. but .lua and .eel scripts open as expected.

It's also odd that when you make a new .lua script via action list, the external editor opens instead of the reaper IDE.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:34 PM   #46
vsgrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr3eM View Post
No it's not the same.
What it is doing is letting you move the loop start and end points (the loop region) in a file.

As an example, if you have 4 bar item and loop it to play the second bar, you can with this function move the looped region within the file and set it to play another bar, or any other part/section you choose while still maintaining the same loop lenght. As it respects the snap function it will maintain in sync (depending on snap settings, the item must be matched to the project tempo to beginn with).
That seems super useful! Thanks for explaining, i'll check it out
Old 01-29-2021, 04:50 AM   #47
bFooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meo-Ada Mespotine View Post
+ Ruler: when displaying time, always show X:XX.XXX even if the last X is zero
+ Timecode: format as HH:MM:SS:FF rather than H:MM:SS:FF everywhere (timeline, transport, wildcards, etc)
+ Timecode: when timeline is in H:M:S:F format, interpret user-entered H.M.S.F as H:M:S:F
Could there be an option for "Measure.Beats" as a secondary time unit? I often need to see the time selection length in seconds while at the same time have measures.beats shown. It is not possible now.

Another approach would be an ability to specify which (primary/secondary) time unit is the time selection info display in the transport getting data from.

bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 08:35 AM   #48
bFooz

New IDE improvements are great. But is there an option to hide functions from the watch pane? Or maybe group them at the bottom into its own pane?
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote