here what I have done:

Hope it will satisfy the feature request :P
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:26 PM   #1082
cereboso
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
@CerebosoDo you mean something like this ?
That first one looks great. Does the text automatically resize based on the window size? Where can I download that? Thank you!
cereboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:03 PM   #1083
X-Raym

@cereboso
I optimized the text rendering so that it doesn't look jumpy, and I added certain mouse clicks action. Click on the interface open the Region editor, and click on the progress bar does "put edit cursor at region start with smooth seek". Right click is for changing the time format (based on spk77's project clock)

Yes, display elements are flexible on two axis (width and height, but with width priority).
That was challenging, it took me all day to figure it out !

Did you need something else ?
Old 09-24-2015, 01:52 PM   #1084
cereboso

Sounds great to me! Can't wait to try it out. Thanks!!
Old 09-24-2015, 02:24 PM   #1085
X-Raym

Just put it in my script pack linked in my signature.

Subfolder: Regions.

Tell me it it works for you !
Old 09-24-2015, 03:30 PM   #1086
cereboso

Quote:
Tell me it it works for you !
Overall this is great!
Just a couple of minor things.

* Is it possible to make the window remember the size and position from the last time it was run?

* The large "No Region" message seems distracting and unnecessary and I'd prefer for it to just be blank if there is not current a region.

* I think it would also be nice to have it match the colors of the standard Reaper windows such as the Performance Meter, Browse FX, etc with the light gray background and black text. (see screenshot)

* The song title can get cut off depending on the length. Can you make the maximum font size smaller and perhaps add a padding below the title so that it is not cut off? (see screenshot)

Thank you for your help. I'm more than happy to make a donation via your website.

PS: Just a general ReaScript question, is there a way to auto-run a script at Reaper startup?
Old 09-24-2015, 04:01 PM   #1087
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereboso View Post
PS: Just a general ReaScript question, is there a way to auto-run a script at Reaper startup?
Actions (including scripts) can be automatically launched after opening a project thanks to SWS's "Project start action" feature. To make it work on new projects too, try saving that as your default project settings.

You will be prompted for the script's action ID, which you can get from the Action List's context menu.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:36 PM   #1088
X-Raym

@cereboso
So I added a User Config Area to edit default parameter
Code:
--// USER CONFIG AREA -->

text_color = "White" -- support names (see color function) and hex values with #
background_color = "#333333" -- support names and hex values with #. REAPER defaults are dark grey #333333 and brigth grey #A4A4A4
no_regions_text = true -- set to false to desactivate "NO REGIONS UNDER PLAY CURSOR" instructions

--// -------------------- END OF USER CONFIG AREA
Quote:
The song title can get cut off depending on the length. Can you make the maximum font size smaller and perhaps add a padding below the title so that it is not cut off? (see screenshot)
Harder that it sounds, I encourage you to give more heigth to the window.

Quote:
* Is it possible to make the window remember the size and position from the last time it was run?
I have no idea how to it.

Quote:
Thank you for your help. I'm more than happy to make a donation via your website.
I'm happy that you consider it as scripting seems to be my main activity lately !
Old 09-24-2015, 05:16 PM   #1089
cereboso

Thank you! This will work and be very helpful.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:13 AM   #1090
planetnine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereboso View Post
Overall this is great!
Just a couple of minor things.

The size of the window can be stored, as can the font size, either globally (using SetExtState and GetExtState) or per project (using SetProjExtState and GetProjExtState), but there is no way to Get and Set the gfx window position at this time -it has been requested by quite a few of us

>
Old 09-25-2015, 03:31 AM   #1091
X-Raym

I think the trick was to put the GFX in a docker... I remmeber Heda was speaking about something like that.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:13 AM   #1092
vanhaze

Dear all !

In Action List , i use the Action : "View: Adjust selected track heights (midi cc relative /mousewheel"

A pretty damn cool feature, which i use a lot !

My only "but" about this Action is that you first have to select the Track that you want to apply the Action on.

Could it maybe be possible to just navigate the mouse to an Item (or empty space) of the Track on which you want to apply the Action on ? So you you don't have to first select the Track.
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:17 AM   #1093
X-Raym

Hmmm the simple way will be to use Select track under mouse action and have custom action action with both actions
Old 09-27-2015, 09:36 AM   #1094
vanhaze

Quote:
Hmmm the simple way will be to use Select track under mouse action and have custom action action with both actions
Errr..pfff : WONDERFUL !!!
Old 09-29-2015, 01:02 PM   #1095
Lucian

Default Script Request: Remove Midi note name (Schwa)

Hoping this is the right place for this request. I started using Reaper with V2.5 and was using Schwa's midi note namer on drum VSTi tracks. It is a x86 vst. I have upgraded to Win7 x64 and now any old project with this vst causes load problems.

Request: Is it possible someone could write a tool or script that searches all project files and automatically removes midi note namer (schwa)?

Hope this makes sense and thanks
Old 10-02-2015, 01:52 AM   #1096
X-Raym

@Lucian
Well, I think it is possible but a bit danerous to batch process projects file this way... I advice you to just leave the FX offline when you reopen old project, and to save as a copy.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:56 AM   #1097
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
Hoping this is the right place for this request. I started using Reaper with V2.5 and was using Schwa's midi note namer on drum VSTi tracks. It is a x86 vst. I have upgraded to Win7 x64 and now any old project with this vst causes load problems.

Request: Is it possible someone could write a tool or script that searches all project files and automatically removes midi note namer (schwa)?

Hope this makes sense and thanks
Hi Lucian,
I do something similar to this a few times a month and can say it's completely safe if you're sensible about what you're doing. You can use use something like Notepad++'s "Find in files" function with it's find and replace function to change it to a different DLL file. Make sure you set a file mask of *.RPP otherwise it'll be searching for hours.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:29 PM   #1098
cereboso

Two ideas/requests:

1. A script to check the ASIO buffer size and alert me if it is not right for the type of action I'm doing.
Example: I open a session that I'm mixing that has a lot of plugins going on but my buffer size was previously set very low for another task. If I try to play the session with the low buffer it will stall. Is there an API or a way for a script/action to check the current buffer size? For example, it would be great if I could tell the script that if I have more than X number of effects on a track that I want the buffer to be 1024. Or for live tracking/overdubbing, it could check and see if any tracks are record armed and if so warn me if my buffer is above 224 (or any other number I choose). Does that make sense? This could be defined in the globals of the script.

2. Is there an API or a way to change the Media Buffer Size in the preferences? I would like a script/action to be able cycle between having 0 buffer or a preset size that I can set in the declarations of the script. I want to just be able to assign a key to the script so I can press and toggle between having the buffer on and off essentially.

Let me know if that makes sense or you have any questions.
Thanks!!
Old 10-14-2015, 02:46 AM   #1099
Sexan

-----

Last edited by Sexan; 10-15-2015 at 04:04 AM.
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 04:34 AM   #1100
Sexan

One question,don't know how to do it,how can I store last action for later usage?
What I want is when last action is "Split items" to be split items all the time except when the next last action is Add stretch marker then use that until next last action is "Split items",so it will ignore all other last actions except this two
Old 10-15-2015, 03:46 AM   #1101
Sexan

I've did it
Code:
function main()
  last_action =reaper.Undo_CanUndo2(0)

if last_action == "Add Stretch Marker" or last_action == "Split item under mouse cursor" or last_action == "Split selected items at edit cursor w/crossfade on left" then
     reaper.SetProjExtState(0, "action", "last", last_action)
  end

retval, load = reaper.GetProjExtState(0, "action", "last")

if load == "Add Stretch Marker" then
     reaper.Main_OnCommand(41848,0)
  elseif load == "Split item under mouse cursor" or load == "Split selected items at edit cursor w/crossfade on left" then
     reaper.Main_OnCommand(40289,0)
     reaper.Main_OnCommand(40748,0)
  end

end
main()
Now it switches between adding marker or splitting at the moment.
If you are working with Stretch markers ,when you add one this script becomes adding SM under mouse cursor,if you split item script becomes split under mouse

Last edited by Sexan; 10-15-2015 at 04:04 AM.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:35 AM   #1102
Daveinnit

Default sorry if off topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveinnit View Post
So I am trying to set up/customise the actions on a Korg Nano Kontrol 2.

I have it setup with the Mackie control (Klinke v0.8.2.3) (dev0.1) under Reapers control surfaces.

Most of the units functions work great, but a few buttons are incorrectly setup or seem not to have any affect.

For example, the cycle button toggles the metronome on/off, but i would like to change that function to toggle the repeat/loop action in Reaper. So I tried to re-assign the button using the actions option in Reaper, but when I choose 'add' shortcut the 'keyboard/midi/osc input' dialog does not respond when I press the button on the controller. As it already has the command ID '40364', I was wondering if there is a way to remove/edit the ID so i can assign my own action for that button?

Thanks
Wud this action require some scripting? :s
Daveinnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:49 AM   #1103
Sexan

How can I move created crossfade ? I want it to be on the left side of mouse cursor?(same like SWS/AW: split with crossfade on left )?
Old 10-15-2015, 02:53 PM   #1104
X-Raym

@Sexan
maybe something with get item under mouse, then get its id on track, then get item based on its ID on track -1

@Daveinnit
I guess not, I mean, it should be recognizable by REAPER within the actions lists.. wierd that it is isnt.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:18 PM   #1105
mehmethan

Default Auto-Show track control for last touched fx parameter.

REQUEST :
Auto-Show track control for last touched fx parameter.(Working in background)

Thanks.
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:18 PM   #1106
BenK-msx

Default req: store/restore or reset item 'start in source' value

it's in item properties.

e.g if you slip item contents, but then want content position as it was before you starting messing about.

currently have to bring up item properties dialog, type in 0 and hit apply.

if could get/store current value and recall that'd be bonus land.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:37 AM   #1107
Alez156

Default Request: Get a list with possible scales of the midi notes selected.

Request: Get a list with possible scales of the midi notes selected.

Hello! Not sure if this is already done, but I always find myself going to this website to get all the possible scales I can use based on the notes I select. This would be a very useful tool to have.

You would be selecting the midi notes that you want, then use the action and pull off a list that is going to filter scales based on the notes selected. It would also order it by accuracy, from the closest scale to the least relevant scale.

It would be having this kind of tool on Reaper: http://www.scales-chords.com/scalefinder.php

Last edited by Alez156; 11-19-2015 at 07:53 AM.
Alez156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:11 AM   #1108
X-Raym

@Alez156
  • Open MIDI editor
  • Select Notes
  • Action -> View: Scale Finder
  • Use MIDI editor selected note button
Voilà :P

(ok, you don't have any precision indicator except the scale position in the list but it does the job :P)

EDIT: it doesn't output the note either, and result is not linked to the MIDI editor... it would have been nice if clicking on the item list activated scale on the piano roll accordingly.

Maybe write a feature request :P Rebuilding all this from scrach will be very difficult.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:38 AM   #1109
Alez156

Quote:
@Alez156
  • Open MIDI editor
  • Select Notes
  • Action -> View: Scale Finder
  • Use MIDI editor selected note button
Voilà :P

(ok, you don't have any precision indicator except the scale position in the list but it does the job :P)

EDIT: it doesn't output the note either, and result is not linked to the MIDI editor... it would have been nice if clicking on the item list activated scale on the piano roll accordingly.

Maybe write a feature request :P Rebuilding all this from scrach will be very difficult.

Oh, didn't know about the scale finder! That is great!

It would be great to have a precision system. As for now it is showing me a bunch of VERY specific scales, haha. Thank you, Raymond!

How should I go about doing a feature request?
Old 11-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #1110
X-Raym

@Alez156
Just open a thread here : REAPER Feature Requests - Cockos Confederated Forums

Here are some advices:
  • Choose a relevant title, like "A Better Scale Find"
  • Split the post in several parts: first expose the context, then the problem, then the features that you want
  • For the features that you want, use Lists. Lists are cool.
I suggest than this better scale finder have this features (among the ones you want):
  • Clickable result that activate the according scale in piano roll
  • precision indicator in percentage
  • Display the notes of the scale in the same window
  • ability to choose to display notes with # or b
I'll second you when you will have open the thread...

Oh BTW, welcome on the forum :P
Old 11-19-2015, 12:16 PM   #1111
Alez156

Quote:
@Alez156
Just open a thread here : REAPER Feature Requests - Cockos Confederated Forums

Here are some advices:
  • Choose a relevant title, like "A Better Scale Find"
  • Split the post in several parts: first expose the context, then the problem, then the features that you want
  • For the features that you want, use Lists. Lists are cool.
I suggest than this better scale finder have this features (among the ones you want):
  • Clickable result that activate the according scale in piano roll
  • precision indicator in percentage
  • Display the notes of the scale in the same window
  • ability to choose to display notes with # or b
I'll second you when you will have open the thread...

Oh BTW, welcome on the forum :P

Thank you so much for that information, I will do it soon, definitely. Your advices are always fantastic. And yes, I would like to be more involved around here, I usually just sneak around but I finally did my first comment, haha.

Not sure if you recognize me, I go by AHmusic on youtube and I've been following your stuff for a while, so glad to have all these amazing people around here. It fascinates me so much all the incredible work you guys do and I cannot stress enough how much I admire what you do.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:58 PM   #1112
X-Raym

@Alez156
Oh yes I recognize you :P I saw a lot of times your Crypt of the Necrodancer - Crypteque (Zone 1-2) [Metal Cover] | AHmusic ft. BillytheBard11th video, I found it so original, the break part where you break bottles is amazing :P
I also saw others videos of yours, and you guys have some skills too, bravo to all the band, that's good !
Your creative work is inspiring too,
and now I want to make a metal song and smash glasses on the ground. :S
Old 11-21-2015, 04:33 AM   #1113
musicbynumbers

Default Req: cpu graph that syncs to song timeline?

Was using the excellent loudness meter script the other day and thought "it would be great to have the cpu usage for a song logged in the same way."

Is that doable?

Seems useful to be able to see the exact areas in the song where the cpu usage goes through the roof etc and be able to analyse that would be cool.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:55 PM   #1114
vanhaze

Default Script to stretch an item to amount X.

Wishful script and explanation:

Main Window (or MIDI Editor when it concerns a mIDI item) : select an auto item or midi item.

Call up my wishful script.
The script shows a window in which you can fill in a value.
Fill in the desired stretch amount value for the item.
For example : filling in "2" will make the item stretched OUT bij a factor 2, so item will be playing 2 times slower.
Filling in ".05" will make the item stretched IN by factor 2, so item will playing 2 times faster.

I am very willing to pay for this script development, through paypal !!

Anxious to hear from you Scripters !
Old 11-25-2015, 01:56 PM   #1115
vanhaze

Default Script to stretch an item by Factor X.

Wishful script and explanation:

Main Window (or MIDI Editor when it concerns a midi item) : select an audio item or midi item.

Call up my wishful script.
The script shows a window in which you can fill in a value.
Fill in the desired stretch amount value for the item.
For example : filling in "2" will make the item stretched OUT bij a factor 2, so item will be playing 2 times slower.
Filling in ".05" will make the item stretched IN by factor 2, so item will playing 2 times faster.

I am very willing to pay for this script development, through paypal !!

Anxious to hear from you Scripters !
Old 11-25-2015, 03:09 PM   #1116
X-Raym

@musicbynumbers
This value is not reachable within ReaScript =/

@Vanhaze
So you just want to change selected items rate based on user input is that right ?
Old 11-25-2015, 03:14 PM   #1117
vanhaze

Yep, that's right !
Old 11-25-2015, 03:19 PM   #1118
X-Raym

@vanhaze
i'm on it !