Old 09-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #1201
8ude
Human being with feelings

Default Video Codec Support for Windows

Is there a way to bundle the vlc download with Reaper for windows? Or at least post easy-to-find links to current mp4 video support?

The information on the wiki for connecting the vlc player to Reaper is outdated and incomplete. Google searches took me into a circle of forum posts.
8ude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:36 PM   #1202
todoublez

A better StripSilence tool.
A generate Script System, so we can get a Script after combining actions...
Or a Scripting Friendly System, so users can generate a script if it only contains reapers own action.
And a PT style I/O pannel so we can easily tells which one is Parent or children track in the mixer.
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #1203
Blackhole_son

I'd personally like to see an option to resize the font in the fx/media/action lists. I'm having a hard time reading those because windows scaling doesn't apply for some reason. That and making more things dockable to the main window instead of the docker, or making the arrange view floatable.
Blackhole_son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:25 AM   #1204
Pinknoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by todoublez View Post
A better StripSilence tool.
Or a Scripting Friendly System, so users can generate a script if it only contains reapers own action.
And a PT style I/O pannel so we can easily tells which one is Parent or children track in the mixer.
Strip silence I found weak from day one. What works better is to cut the item into many small clips. Or use Item: Auto trim/split items (remove silence)...
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:56 PM   #1205
Lokasenna

Quote:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=225341
Old 09-24-2019, 10:19 AM   #1206
todoublez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
Wow ,thanks for tip ! I’m goin to check that out...
Old 09-24-2019, 10:43 AM   #1207
todoublez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinknoise View Post
Strip silence I found weak from day one. What works better is to cut the item into many small clips. Or use Item: Auto trim/split items (remove silence)...
Normally I need this feature (StripSilence) on drum editing,
Cutting them manually can be very time consuming especially on the kick&snare top and bottom ..etc (I like them sounds precise and sharp , so b4 I do compressing or coloring them I must clean that out 1st b4 It ruined my sound image )
As u see I mostly dealing with live drum recordings,
I’m a former PT user for a decade lol... that’s why i’m trying to
find a similar feature so I can get the job done faster without changing my workflow,
But if thrrs no such thing out thrr ,I might try that action u mentioned.
Seems it can be a compromised solution to me.
Thanks for your opinion , i’ll take it into my consideration.
Gotta try it out tomorrow!
Old 09-25-2019, 06:43 AM   #1208
todoublez

Quote:
That action works, but it better provides a real-time preview. Could b very handy for doing some tiny adjusting.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:42 AM   #1209
Pinknoise

Quote:
That action works, but it better provides a real-time preview. Could b very handy for doing some tiny adjusting.

One way I do it that often works, I duplicate the track I'm working on and use a compressor to exagerate the transients and use this track for detection puting the original track in same group to be sliced. I like Molot for this task. Works for percussive material.
Pinknoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:14 AM   #1210
todoublez

Quote:
One way I do it that often works, I duplicate the track I'm working on and use a compressor to exagerate the transients and use this track for detection puting the original track in same group to be sliced. I like Molot for this task. Works for percussive material.
clever way !
thx for the info !
Old 10-07-2019, 01:07 PM   #1211
Constantin Fetter

* Finished Imperial Skin. Even if it would be purchasable separately by some extra $/$$.

* new docker for Vsti representation as rack. (yes i'm love Propellerheads reason rack)
* VSTi (1st from the fx list) real time picture side to Track icon.

* multi-display support: docker full screen trigger option.
* multi-display support: docker full screen on top of the windows menu. (i want to use all space from all my 4 monitors. not want to loose to windows bar and window container.)

* Up-vote features for forum.

* Better or more Track icon and DAW icon packs.

Last edited by Constantin Fetter; 10-07-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Constantin Fetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:03 AM   #1212
AZpercussion

Of cource, we all want compatibility with old actions, because so many helpfull custom and cycle actions we have.
Also i hope that cpu usage and small size will continue to please.

Here are the most necessary things in order of importance to me.

1) First of all is quick punch or record buffer to extend start of item.

2) Create action like "SWS/S&M: Takes - Remove empty takes/items among selected items", but for takes with source out of item borders, if source not looped.
It works now, but only for items after manual split. If items are split during recording, this action does not work with them.

3) Quick midi learn any parametr, any envelope.
Ability to add any more parameters to one midi channel.
For example a couple actions: one action is exclusive link, another - add new parametr to linking, if midi channel already linked, if not - just exclusive link.

4) Bring solo priority to logical conclusion. So that we could hear the track in solo, which is located in a muted folder.

5) Add LUFS metering and different types of metering to all tracks, not only for master.

6) Variable metronom frequancy (dabl, triple and other) without changing project tempo track or click item rate, because it isn't useful in multitempo project.

7) Checkmark to select a time value or beat value in the preroll section.

8) The same great quantise for stretch markers and items, like for midi notes.

9) Add more than one reference track and toggle actions with them.

10) Pre-FX MUTE envelope.

11) Hi-pass and low-pass filters for transient detection. This faster, then duplicate track, insert fx and make group.

12) More options for transfer configuration (For example: to allow the user choose whether to import the vst plugin path or not).

13) Alternative tracks, includes all editing, mixing and routing configurations. This is just like several duplicated and changed tracks in one folder, but more compact and for toggle between them. Helpfull for arrange, creative mixing and edits for the customer.

14) Indication, that plugin has non-standard routing.
Also it can be fx routing window for whole fx chain. That will give more sense and speed routing.

15) Optimise some features ergonomics, for example: free item positioning.

16) On/off undo state for any actions and scripts.

17) Per-track markers.

18) Align items as native function.

19) Option for put video files in specific path, when project saving.

20) Option for render: do not consider project playback rate.

21) Optimise track view or snapshots to able show track, not saved in snapshot, but placed in folder track, which saved in snapshot.
Of course, it can be realise with custom action, but good idea for native functionality too.

Thanks for your job, guys!))
AZpercussion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 11:35 AM   #1213
Funkybot

I'm a longtime Reaper user,as in I've kept a license around for years, but I'm still a newbie just really learning it in a serious way in the last few weeks. So far, my wishes:

1. Quick MIDI learn for plugins to hardware - The current process is too time consuming. Want to just go into a learn mode, click a parameter on the plugin, move a knob on the my hardware to link them, then move to the next parameter all in one smooth motion. I want Reaper to remember the mappings behind the scenes and recall automatically when the plugin is in focus. Basically something like Studio One's Control Link. I know there's some workarounds to do this with scripts (think one approach was called Smart Knobs), but I found them buggy for whatever reason.

2. Address the automation+range select copy/paste issues highlighted in the songwriter's workshop thread. Agree with that poster that the current behavior could be improved.

3. Improve the Take Lanes system per the "Take System Sucks" thread. Again, more room for improvement there. Just make things work more intuitively.

4. Every window should have an action to toggle it open and closed. For instance, I think the Action window can be opened with a shortcut, but not closed with one (at least, not without using screen sets).

5. I know screen sets can be a workaround, but I'd like different shortcuts for different docker sections. Like "Toggle Right-Docker" and "Toggle Left Docker," etc.

6. Improved Plugin Browser. I'd like a slicker looking Plugin Browser that maybe offered plugin thumbnails, and allowed me to select specific presets.

8. Drag and drop plugins to Track pane to create FX tracks. If I drag and drop a VSTi into the arrangement view, it creates a track for that instrument. If I do the same with a reverb, nothing happens. I'd like to have Reaper create a reverb.

8. Better looking windows. Let's clean up the look of some of these Windows or make them more customizable.

9. Make it easier to create a VCA. I've got a custom script/action to allow me to select some channels and add a VCA track, but there should really be a built in action for this.

10. More meter customization options in MCP. I want to be able to be able to define not just the colors for the meters, but the db level where they change colors. Then as mentioned, offer different metering types. This might be a Walter/theme thing, but the 0db line of the fader should line up with the 0db on the meter and follow the same db scale.

11. More sensible defaults. I feel like a fresh Reaper install requires quite a bit of setup/customization to get it to behave a bit more like what other DAW users may be accustomed to. Would be nice if the default configuration did more of this (like creating an Audio sub-folder, and packing the Reapeaks files, recording 24-bit, maybe some mouse behaviors, etc.)
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:52 AM   #1214
BillWhite

Default Make file assets package ready

I'm a graphic designer by trade, and when we build a file with images, fonts and other assets, we can click a package button, and we get everything nicely bundled in a folder. This would be really handy in Reaper.
BillWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:51 AM   #1215
AZpercussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWhite View Post
I'm a graphic designer by trade, and when we build a file with images, fonts and other assets, we can click a package button, and we get everything nicely bundled in a folder. This would be really handy in Reaper.
How do you see it?
There is already an option when saving a project: to copy or move the media to a folder with this project. Or there is a function to export audio and midi.
AZpercussion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:00 PM   #1216
Fredy Akira

Default Post-fader FX Insert

....waiting fot it for so long time! is it a so intricate function to code?
Fredy Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:54 AM   #1217
daniellumertz

A) An envelope point base for midi CC (or a least an option to do and see it that way)
B) more options about customization the grid ( for microrythm music )
C) More options for use it live "get some things from ableton"
D) Better notation
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 12:44 PM   #1218
ANDYZ

1. Walter channel strips - ability to see eq, compressor, trim , sends etc at once.

2. Compressor section integrated with fader section - gain reduction vertical strip with threshhold fader + knobs. User selectable vsts for this.

3. Post fader Fx.

4. Get rid of the hobo look of the windows (fx, dialogues, etc).

5. Ability to have bigger elements and bigger fonts.

6. Bigger scroll line and plus/minus elements!

7. Just think about ageing people (devs included), eyesight is getting worse, we need options for bigger everything.

8. Make Mixer Walterable 100% so that 3rd party plugin developers could create a complete mixer based on their products, isnt it cool?

9. Plugin GUIs, make them pretty.

10. Integrated K-14 meter and transparent limiter in the master strip.
ANDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:01 PM   #1219
Pashkuli
Banned

Just make some change in the Rec Arm icon when I choose: No recording (Monitoring Only).
- gives me creeps to check each time is this or that Channel really going to record data, or is it just for Monitoring.

P L E A S E...
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:50 PM   #1220
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
Just make some change in the Rec Arm icon when I choose: No recording (Monitoring Only).
- gives me creeps to check each time is this or that Channel really going to record data, or is it just for Monitoring.
Been there for a while already. Many (if not all) older custom themes are missing the recarm norec images required for this, maybe that's why you are not seeing it?

track_recarm_norec.png
track_recarm_auto_norec.png
mcp_recarm_norec.png
mcp_recarm_auto_norec.png
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 03:19 PM   #1221
Pashkuli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Been there for a while already. Many (if not all) older custom themes are missing the recarm norec images required for this, maybe that's why you are not seeing it?

track_recarm_norec.png
track_recarm_auto_norec.png
mcp_recarm_norec.png
mcp_recarm_auto_norec.png
Missing in my Default 5 Theme I guess, nothing happens. Version 5.99 of Reaper x64. Should be there by default.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:57 PM   #1222
xpander

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing: you want a visual indication in the rec arm button when you have chosen Record: disable (input monitoring only) ? If so, norec images are for that and they are in the default v5 theme also. I made the difference even more clear in my own version.

Here's example with the default 5 theme and my mod
Track 1 record armed
Track 2 record armed - input monitoring only
Track 3 record armed - input monitoring only (my modified theme)

edit: added that you can only see the difference when you have actually record armed the track.

Last edited by xpander; 11-30-2019 at 05:23 PM. Reason: addition for more clear message
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 05:31 AM   #1223
Pashkuli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing: you want a visual indication in the rec arm button when you have chosen Record: disable (input monitoring only) ? If so, norec images are for that and they are in the default v5 theme also. I made the difference even more clear in my own version.

Here's example with the default 5 theme and my mod
Track 1 record armed
Track 2 record armed - input monitoring only
Track 3 record armed - input monitoring only (my modified theme)

edit: added that you can only see the difference when you have actually record armed the track.
Yes, that is what I need. I tried on mine and it... oops, oh it works.
I must have had installed some modified theme. Nice! It works now. Although only for this theme Default_5.
I've been waiting for at least 3 years for that!
Old 12-04-2019, 12:57 PM   #1224
faun2500

the new midi cc is a great addition

http://bit.ly/free-sample-packs- Totally Free High Quality Sample Packs
faun2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:22 AM   #1225
noojoysey

Still no way to save the window sizing in individual projects so that it's retained for next time?
noojoysey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:15 AM   #1226
acousticglue

Had remove all FX kill out Reaper, was one track Caliburn Kuassa and Triad plugin from UA.
acousticglue is offline   Reply With Quote